Wish one

Unfulfilled

A tall, skinny boy was walking through the crowded halls of his new school. Just by looking around, he could tell that again, he had been sent to a place was way too prestigous and filled with rich douches whose parents paid to keep them away from home.

The sad part was how his family too, was the same. Although by no means was he a bad child, he'd never really been taken care of by his mother or father. His mother was a to put it simply; she brought home back man after man and sometimes women. Their lustful screams and moans always echoed in the whole house. Not like anyone cared.

The boy's father was an old man: rich and sickly. But at least he had a pretty and sweet wife who sometimes made his bed and kissed his cheek. He never really acknowledged his son whom he thought of nothing more than an accident as probably, he wasn't the boy's actual father.

No one knew and it didn't matter to any of them. He just had to be out of the house as often as possible. 

It was actually a bit sad, the boy knew it but as long as no one actually harmed him, he was fine with it. 

However, as he stood in front of the principal's office, he couldn't help but wish that he could run home. He hated switching school but sometimes his parents would just tell him to do so. As a kid thought that they only wanted the best for him but after some time he had slowly realized that it was because they enjoyed to see him suffer. Whenever they met, which fortunately wasn't often, they always asked him if he had managed to befriend someone. And if he did, he was suddenly torn away from his friends. Lying didn't work either, they would just tell him one day that this or that person had looked for him and as he had lied to them, his parents, he had to move schools.
"Those kids are making you lie to us, Tao dear." His mother had said once, cigarette between her long fingers as she gazed at the boy with emotionless eyes."So you should go to that other school. It's great."

And so he did.

So many times he had even lost count. But at least he had the chance to see the world - the city, really. 

The boy was suddenly torn out of his thoughts by someone lightly hitting his shoulder. It was another boy: tall and blond with dark eyes and a small smirk on his lips.

"Scared on your first day?" He asked.

"How do you know that it's my first day?" Wide, almost black eyes shot daggers at the blond as he just chuckled lowly, obviously amused by the sight of the other's anger.

"You look lost like some cute animal. I do admit that your eyes are a little scary like some girls had already told me, but you honestly seem nothing more than a kitty to me. Tiger, huh. More like a tiny, fluffy kitten. So cute." 

"Could you please leave me alone?" Tao huffed, cheeks flushing a bright pink. His mother had once told him that he looked like a savage beast with his feline eyes and thin lips and his glare. She had claimed quite persistently that it was why no one liked him. Not because they never had the chance to do so, but because he looked flat out terrifying. 

Tao himself had no idea about why people thought he was scary but he knew pretty well that he couldn't just argue with his mother. That would have meant her locking him in his room for days. It had happened many times before...

Not that Tao had any place to go to in his free time.

"Hey, are you even here?" The other boy asked him, genuine worry flashing up in his eyes. Tao nodded quickly and forced himself to smile tightly, tears already prickling at the corners of his eyes. He just wished to have a normal family in which he was the spoilt, loved child and not the stranger who lived there because he had to.

"Sure." The boy took a deep breath, his coal-like hair falling into his eyes. He had grown it out a few months ago and never wanted to cut it as it covered his scary eyes. Knocking on the door, he quickly collected himself before walking into the small room, followed by the other.

"Huang Zitao, I presume." A small woman asked, her lips curling into a smile. She was quite old with hair as white as snow and eyes radiating wisdom."Yifan or well... Kris will tell you where to go for your first class. He has most of your classes and he volunteered to help out the new guy, didn't you, Yifan?"

"Yes I did, gran. And please, call me Kris." The blond called Kris said with a roll of his eyes."Like... seriously, you pretty much promised that you will start calling me that if I show him around."

"Yes, and I will, once you do your task. God, if your mother was like you I probably would have never let her reproduce. I bet your father is the one who taught you how to be demanding."

There was an unfamiliar feeling building up in Tao's chest as he watched the bickering pair, somehow knowing that they were just fooling around. It was sweet yet heartbreaking at the same time... Tao wished that he would have someone that would talk like this with him, who would love and treasure him because he just... existed.