These Rays of Sun

These Rays of Sun: The Shadow Games MVP

(0:00)

 

You were running with all your remaining strength; showing signs of fatigue and pain.

Phone tightly held in your hand; your long dark hair sailing behind you in the nightly wind.

The setting Sun beamed its orange rays over you, making you grimace, MinJeong.

Slowly it became dark and you felt how tears bathed your face and eventually your uniform.

You directed your gaze at the blurred sky, where the moon finally began to shine.

You ran through the untamable vegetation at the outskirts of the city, reaching a precipice.

Regaining yourself from a sudden stop, you direct your gaze upon what laid beyond and below.

 

We find this place together… (0:32)

 

An abandoned ancient city silently slept, hidden from common eyes.

Roofless limestone houses were the most near; prairies and valley peeked from afar.

Even farther beyond a futuristic skyscraper could be seen, contrasting with the panorama.

Forming a bordering circle around the secret city were mountains and cliffs.

You were afraid, but you knew you had to enter the area; it was the only way to save him

You carefully extend a foot, trying to go down the inclined terrain that descended.

Only a few steps taken and your footing missed, making you fall and tumble down the rocky slope, finally reaching solid firm ground.

 

(1:01)

 

You remained there, hugging yourself to ease the pain, but eventually getting on your feet.

Dirt dabbed your small white face; blood smears on your arms and legs were enough evidence.

You carefully examined the nearby area, finding a dirt path with small houses at both sides.

Slowly walking down it, you looked in every direction, scared of this unknown battlefield.

You felt a gaze on you and sprang forth, not looking back to confirm the feeling; the sound of a chain began to persecute you.

The moon’s light shone everywhere, and a shadow of a moving figure appeared next to your feet.

While running you stepped on a trap hole, falling in its dark abyss.

Before you passed out, the shadow threw itself after you.

 

We find these inner emotions… (1:32)

 

You open your eyes to find yourself lying in a cave.

You sat up to encounter a tanned, yet blonde young man, who held your arm.

You pulled your limb away from him, furrowing your brows at him.

He seemed hurt by the action, but quickly smiled.

You gave in to his beautiful expression, returning the gesture, letting him take your arm once more.

 

We’re just warming up… (1:45)

 

It was broad daylight and you were out on the green prairies, jumping on every shadow that came your way.

You were fighting against time, not taking the rightful measures.

Kai was behind, following you with his ankle chain rustling all the distance.

His keen senses made him watch your every move.

You were worried about him, and amidst your thoughts, you tripped.

Your body would soon fall, touching the sunlit ground, but a pair of strong arms caught you by the shoulders.

Opening your eyes, you found to be still alive; heavy breathing denoted your fear.

Kai pulled you to your feet, still maintaining close contact with you.

Slowly both of you locked stares; you looked the other way trying to evade his deep dark eyes. Kai giggled, then offering you his hand. You shyly smiled before taking it.

Together you continued to walk on the dark figures on the land, being guided by the prisoner.

 

The sunny day changed into a starry night, eventually both scenarios merging into one; days passing by in each other’s company…

 

We find these inner emotions… (2:32)

 

Another day was on its course, and you with your beloved partner skipped through the shadows of a tall-walled green maze.

Reaching the exit, and viewing the dirt path in front, a trail of blood was found.

Tracing the substance with your eyes, it conducted to a lying body some length away from you.

You both looked at each other, rapidly making your way on the black markings on the land.

The bleeding human was a pale young man with black spiky hair; deep cut in his side.

In a nervous manner you instructed Kai to take him along; if not the man would die.

He looked at the feeble man with doubt, furrowing his brows, but eventually took him on his shoulders.

Going along the path, you both hopped with agility in search for shelter.

 

We’re just warming up… (3:01)

 

You were cleaning the man’s injury, while he still slept; Kai was preparing some provisions at the back of the cave.

The laying man woke up, grimacing at the pain that surged within; grunts escaped his thin lips.

He finally took notice of you, and stared with fright at you.

As he tried to sit up, you pushed him back down; showing him the bloody bandage trying to explain you simply meant good.

You smiled at him, gesturing he would be alright; he finally trusted you and smiled back.

His beautiful face lit the area, making your heart beat faster; a feeling you experienced some days ago.

With a glare, Kai watched from afar as the new man communicated with you.

 

(3:31)

 

The incandescent sun was out.

You and SuHo moved from on shadow to the next; cacti and boulders the only source.

Kai was following behind, keeping an eye on what lay before him; as always.

You once again missed your footing, knowing well the feeling of falling to your doom.

But you never touched the ground, for a figure had pulled you by the arm.

You were now on SuHo’s chest, feeling the close contact between you both.

Your savior smiled at you, making you return the gesture ever so happily.

He offered you his hand, which you took without a 2nd thought.

Hand in hand you both moved as a whole through the rest of the desert.

Meanwhile Kai suffered in silence; sadness ruled his visage.

 

The sunlight changed into a dark illumination, both day and night merging into one; days passing by as Kai walked alone…

 

We’re just warming up… (4:01)

 

Day shone over everything, but you three where secured under a gazebo-like open structure.

Kai tried to sleep, but deep thoughts incapacitated him to do so; even more when he heard a chain that wasn’t his.

He turned his head back, taking a glimpse of what was happening at the other edge of the hut.

Sitting with no space in between, you and SuHo enjoyed the beautiful view of the Canyon Walls you would invade soon.

Your giggles told Kai how SuHo made you feel; JunMyun was everything JongIn wasn’t.

Returning to his original position, Kai didn’t try to sleep this time; he simply stared at the desert that had burned his heart…

 

The Sun hid itself and out came the Moon; the opportunity for advancement was in place…

 

(4:31)                                                   

 

The nightly wind was JongIn’s only companion, for you and SuHo were walking freely up front.

The terracotta walls that stretched to your sides were coming to an end, and an immense ancient structure could be seen; its entrance would take you to him

Just as you all stepped on the circular plaza before the Temple, the Sun began to rise, slowly shrinking the great shadow that the walls produced.

You and SuHo ran towards the entrance, but you didn’t notice how Kai had stayed still in his place; his head hung, starring at the ground below his feet.

The shadows kept shrinking, and the boy’s mind was made up: he wanted to feel the sunlight.

You finally reached your shelter, turning around to find out Kai wasn’t behind you, but in the center of the plaza, turning into fine dust…

 

(5:01)

 

Your eyes widened as you screamed your beloved’s name, not leaving time for your mind to think: you acted on instincts.

You ran back towards the man you loved so deeply, and whom you had abandoned to his doom.

You could see how his body was turning into a golden mist that the wind was dispersing.

Kai’s face was still, intact, and you could see how a tear fell from his eye.

He closed them tightly, letting the Sun do his magic on him, and finally disintegrating his complexion.

You still went on towards him, feeling your own tears falls.

You forgot the reason why you where there: him.

Without any remorse you kept running to the floating sand, not taking into thought your footing…

 

You stretched your hand out in an attempt to touch what Kai was now, seeing how the sunlight touched your own extended limb…

 

Your feet where on sunlit ground…