Oh great, this is just great..

My Fickle Sweetheart

Chapter 4

“Appa? You’re not at work? You don’t usually come home this early.”

“Can’t I?”

“No, it’s just unusual to see you home so early.”

“Myungsoo-ah, sit here. I have something to talk to you.”

Myungsoo followed his father’s instruction right away. Myungsoo was good kid after all.

“What is it?”

“Myungsoo-ah, how do you feel living in somebody else’s house?”

“Well, it depends on the house. If it’s big like ours then it will not be problem.”

“So it’s okay then since my friend’s house is big.”

“Appa, what are you talking about? I don’t understand.”

“Myungsoo-ah, it’s like this. Omma and I will be going to London for my work so you’ll have to stay with my friend Mr Lee since I can’t depend on you living here alone.”

“But the maids are here. I won’t be living alone right?”

“I planned on giving them a leave until I get back from London.”

“But why?”

“I care about you so I wanted to ask someone that I trust to take care of you.”

“So I’ll be staying with that Mr Lee after you left?”

His father nodded.

“Ok. It won’t be problem. I’m good at fitting in.”

“That’s my boy.”

“But you’ll be giving me money right?”

“Of course, I’ll send them every month. Don’t worry, you’ll be able to buy everything that you want.”

“Ok appa.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would it really be nice if I were to stay at someone’s house which I totally don’t know? But appa said that his house was big right? So it would be okay I guessed. Appa said that he had two sons, one was the same age as me and the other was two years younger. I hoped that I could be good friends with them.

-The day-

Finally, I was standing right in front of Mr Lee’s house. Appa was right, his house was big and incredibly beautiful. The garden was magnificent. Colorful flowers were everywhere. I was going to have a great time living here.

I pressed the button and the screen was on. There was a very cute looking boy on the screen, it must be one of Mr Lee’s sons.

“Are you Mr Kim’s son?” He asked

“Yes I am.”

“Omma! He’s here.”

Whoa! He was sure a loud boy.

“Wait a minute hyung, I’ll open the gate okay.”

Hyung? He didn’t know me but he was calling me hyung already? He was indeed friendly.

The gate was opened and I walked inside pulling my luggage. The boy stood in front of the door and smiled at me.

“Annyeonghaseyo, come in please.”

I smiled and nodded. I put my right foot on the floor and followed by another.

“Let me bring in your bags hyung.”

“Thanks.”

I looked inside the house and I was amazed. The interior designs were beautiful, way more beautiful than my own.

“Wow, your house is so beautiful.”

“Really?”

“Very beautiful.”

“Thanks hyung. By the way, please sit on the sofa. You must be tired waiting outside.”

I smiled and did what he asked.

Then, a lady came into the living room.

“Omo, you’re so good-looking.”

“You must be Mrs Lee.”

“No need to be so formal. Just call me eomoni.”

“Yes eomoni.”

Suddenly, the boy yelled causing me to startle a bit.

“Yah hyung! He’s here! Come down!”

“Sungjong-ah, don’t shout. We have a guest over here.”

“Sorry omma.”

“Sorry for his attitude Myungsoo-ah, he is like that.”

“So hyung’s name is Myungsoo?” the boy said

“Yes, Kim Myungsoo.”

“Mine is Lee Sungjong.”

“Nice meeting you Sungjong.”

“Me too.”

After he said that to me, he said once more.

“Wait a minute hyung, I’m going to get my hyung. He’s a bit stubborn. Wait here okay.”

“Okay.”

“My other son is like that. He’s not that open to people.” Mrs Lee said

“It’s okay eomoni.”

“Let me go! I know how to walk by myself.”

I heard a voice from upstairs and it sounded so familiar.

“Myungsoo hyung! This is my hyung, Lee Sungyeol. He’s the same age as you.”

Sungjong was pulling a boy down the stairs and the boy was Sungyeol. SUNGYEOL?!

“You? What are you doing at my house?”

Sungyeol pointed his finger at me as soon as he saw me.

“Sungyeol? This is your house?”

“Your guys know each other?” Mrs Lee asked

“This freakin’ guy sits right next to me in class!” Sungyeol raved

“That’s good since you guys know each other already. Sungjong-ah, come here to take his luggage and put it inside your hyung’s room.”

“Oh great. This is just great.” I heard Sungyeol grumbled sarcastically.

“Will you be okay living in a room with him?” Mrs Lee asked me again

“I think so.”

“Now go upstairs and check the room. I’ll call you when lunch is ready.”

“Yes eomoni.”

I just couldn’t believe that I would be living in a room with the person who hated me. I was okay with it but he was the one who couldn’t and wouldn’t accept the reality.

I climbed the stairs slowly. Sungyeol approached and stood directly in front of me.

“Kim Myungsoo, why it must be you?”

“How am I supposed to know that I’ll be living with you?”

“Listen here Kim Myungsoo, in this house we have rules.”

“Since when do we have rules in this house?” Sungjong who just came asked

“Shut the up.” Sungyeol cursed whilst pointing his finger to Sungjong

“Fine.”

Sungjong got down and disappeared into the kitchen.

“Rule no. 1 – Do not touch my stuff. Rule no. 2 – Do not play with my stuff.  Rule no. 3 – Do not place your hand on my stuff and Role no. 4 is not forgetting about Rule no, 1, 2 and 3. Understand?”

“Isn’t it all the same thing?”

“Do you understand?” He repeated

“Yes Sungyeol-shi.”

“Good.”

He said and went inside his room. I trailed after him. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was the day that the stranger would come to my house. My father had gone for work. My mom and Sungjong were downstairs busy preparing for the stranger. I would rather die than helping them preparing for the stranger. I hate him since the very beginning even though I hadn’t see him yet and it wouldn’t change even if he was nice, kind, attractive or whatsoever. I was a man who would stick to my words until the very end and would never ever change it.

I was busy playing with the games on my laptop when I heard Sungjong was screaming telling me that the stranger was here and asking me to go down which I refused. I ignored him and continued playing.

Suddenly, Sungjong came storming into my room.

“Yah hyung! Come down!”

“No.”

“Hyung don’t be like this. He looks very nice and good-looking too.”

“So what if he’s good-looking? I bet I’m handsomer.”

“You’re handsome too hyung. Now, come down.”

Sungjong pulled me and I was out of my room in an instant.

“Let me go! I know how to walk by myself.”

I tried to free myself but he wouldn’t budge. Since when did he become so strong? I was quite muscular but he was able to drag me downstairs.

 “Myungsoo hyung! This is my hyung, Lee Sungyeol. He’s the same age as you.”

“Myungsoo? His name is Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo? Wasn’t he the guy from my class? That annoying brat?

“You? What are you doing at my house?” I pointed my finger at him as soon as I saw him.

“Sungyeol? This is your house?”

“Your guys know each other?” My mom asked

“This freakin’ guy sits right next to me in class!” I raved

“That’s good since you guys know each other already. Sungjong-ah, come here to take his luggage and put it inside your hyung’s room.”

“Oh great. This is just great.” I said scornfully.

I tried to block Sungjong when he passed beside me but he pushed my hands away.

I leaned against the wall waiting for Kim Myungsoo to climb up the stairs. When he already started climbing, I approached and stood in front of him.

I stopped and asked him.

“Kim Myungsoo, why it must be you?”

“How am I supposed to know that I’ll be living with you?”

“Listen here Kim Myungsoo, in this house we have rules.”

“Since when do we have rules in this house?” Sungjong who just came asked

“Shut the up.” I scolded him

“Fine.”

Sungjong got down and disappeared into the kitchen.

“Rule no. 1 – Do not touch my stuff. Rule no. 2 – Do not play with my stuff.  Rule no. 3 – Do not place your hand on my stuff and Role no. 4 is not forgetting about Rule no, 1, 2 and 3. Understand?”

“Isn’t all the same thing?”

“Do you understand?” I repeated

“Yes Sungyeol-shi.”

“Good.”

I turned, walked and entered my room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myungsoo got inside the room and stood still as he didn’t know what to do.

“Where do I sit?” He asked Sungyeol who was sitting at the corner of his bed.

“You sit on the floor.”

“You can’t be true.”

“This is my room and you’ll do as I say.”

“Sungyeol-ah, don’t be so mean.”

Sungyeol overlooked him.

“Sungyeol-ah, please don’t treat me like this.” Myungsoo said pathetically

“Fine, sit on the sofa.”

“Thank you.”

Myungsoo sat on the sofa and asked again

“Where do I sleep tonight?”

“Outside the house, on the roof maybe?”

“Huh?”

“You’ll sleep here since that what my parents said although I’m against it till this very moment.”

“Oh thank god. I thought you were serious just now.” Myungsoo calmed down after he was about to cry a moment ago.

“You look like you’re about to cry. How pathetic.”

“Of course I’ll cry if you said that.”

“However, I won’t let you sleep on the bed with me. You’ll be on the floor.”

“It’s okay as long as I don’t have to sleep outdoor.”

“Really? Don’t regret your words later.”

“I won’t.”

Once again Sungyeol disregarded him and sat back on the chair to continue with the games.

Wanting to change, Myungsoo just took off his shirt in front of Sungyeol.

“The bathroom is right over there. Go change there.” Sungyeol pointed to a door at the corner of the room.

“Why? It’s not like I’m a girl or something.”

“I don’t like having a stranger stripping in room.”

“Fine.”

Myungsoo sighed and went inside the bathroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda a bare chapter really. Sorry...