Oh my god! I almost die because of you!

My Fickle Sweetheart

Chapter 2

I braced myself, walked through the crowd and grabbed myself a glass of coke. I took a seat and observed the surrounding.

A couple was making out at a corner near the pool, a guy was dancing like crazy on the dance floor, a girl was eating like she hadn’t eaten for a year and a bunch of guys were flirting with a girl. I didn’t get how a party could be so much fun for them when I found it tedious yet lame.

When I was still looking at the people, a girl came and sat beside me.

“Hi.” She said to me

I said nothing.

“Are you alone?”

“Do you see anyone beside me?”

“You are alone.” She said while playing with her long wavy pink-blonde hair.

“Are you from Chang In Middle School?”

I nodded.

“Are you Lee Sungyeol?”

I nodded again.

“You are famous you know. Everyone knows you.”

“I know that.”

 “I see.” She said

Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the caller and it was Hoya. I answered it right away.

“What’s up?”

“Come upstairs, I want you to meet someone.”

“Now?”

“No, next year, of course it’s now you fool.”

“Ok.”

I ended the call and look at the girl.

“Bye.” My word was short and simple.

“Okay, see you again. Goodbye.”

I stood up and headed to the stairs. I climbed the stairs lethargically when suddenly Hoya appeared out of nowhere and dragged me.

“What took you so long?” He asked me

“It’s not even a minute yet and you’re saying I’m late?”

Instead of answering me, Hoya kept pulling me upstairs.

“Myungsoo-ah, this is my friend Sungyeol. Sungyeol, this is Myungsoo.”

I turned to look at this Myungsoo.

“You.” I said to Myungsoo.

“You guys know each other?” Hoya looked confused

“He’s my new class partner.” Myungsoo told Hoya.

“No wonder you said his name sounded familiar when I told you whose house this was.” Hoya said to Sungyeol.

“I remember now where I heard his name. It is my weird class partner.” Sungyeol said.

 “I have to say you look so different now. I didn’t assume you would wear all these tight shirt and jeans. Oh, you didn’t wear your glasses too.” Myungsoo told me.

I looked at Hoya and said

“Can we just go home now?”

Who was he to say at what I was wearing? I barely knew him.  

“If you still want to stay here, I’ll go home on my own. Bye.”

“Are you going to be okay alone? I can go home with you if you want.” Hoya offered

“It’s okay, stay here and enjoy. I’m a man, I’m not afraid to be alone.”

I waved at Hoya and went downstairs.

I walked alone along the patio in the dark. The street light seemed so dim and I could barely see without my glasses. I fasten my pace when I heard footsteps behind me. It was not because I was scared it was just, I felt a little bit unsecured especially on a night like this.

However, the footsteps behind me seemed to get louder and faster. I dared not to turn around as the spooks started to take control of me. It could be a thief or burglar or even bandit that was following me but what I dreaded the most was the dark kind in other words, ghost. 

I started to walk briskly when I was totally clamped with fear but the footsteps just won’t stop. I decided to stop and turn around when I felt something on my shoulder.

I was closed to screaming when I felt the thing on my shoulder but I brought my next step to a halt when I realized it was his hand on my shoulder. It was Myungsoo’s hand.   

“Oh my god! I almost die because of you! You scared the out of me.”

Myungsoo looked at my face and laughed.

“What’s so funny about that? I bet you’ll do the same thing when you’re in my shoes.”

Myungsoo tried to suppress his laughter when I yelled at him but failed. He kept laughing until he fell to the ground. Although he squealed a little when he hit the ground, he continued back laughing after that.

“You should see your face just now. It was hilarious!”

His laughter got brassier and I was starting to boil deep down inside.

“Idiot.” I said with an absolute pissed-off voice and walked away.

“Don’t be mad Sungyeol. I’m sorry.”

He got up instantly and ran towards me and clutched onto my shirt.

“I’m sorry Sungyeol. I didn’t mean to laugh like that.”

I shot him a deadly glare.

“That’s not funny you know. If I had a heart attack, I would have died and you are to be blame.”

“I’m sorry ok. Really sorry.”

Then only this thought came to my mind

“Why are you here when you are supposed to be handling the party?”

“Hoya told me that your house is quite far so I decided to walk you home. When I went down, you were no longer there so I asked someone there and they said that you had gone home so, when I saw you, I followed you.”

“Why not Hoya comes after me instead?”

“You’re the one who asked him to stay at my party so that’s why I came instead. I couldn’t let you walk home alone.”

 “I am not a kid who needs to be accompanied. I am a 17 year-old guy who is able to take care of himself. I’ll be fine without having someone to walk me home. You are the type of person who should be accompanied at all times.”

“You’ll be fine? You almost screamed when I touched your shoulder.”

“That’s… a different thing. I’m really able to take care of myself. Go, you’re hurting my pride as a man.”

“Just being protective, that’s something that a friend would do right?”

“Since when you become my friend?” I asked him, irritated.

“Since we became partners, remember this morning?”

“I’m not old. I can still remember things that happened around me.”

“I know that, I’m just saying.”

 “What a fool.” I muttered

“I am.” Myungsoo replied

“Go home.”

“Are you sure you’ll be able to walk home safely?”

I shot him my second tomblike glare and he immediately understood what I meant.

“Ok ok, I’m going now.” Myungsoo said.

I turned around and walked away without looking back even once. I didn’t care if he wanted to stay there until I died out from his vision or what, I just didn’t want to see him. He was such a bother.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of my stupid alarm clock. I grabbed it and hove it on the floor and the annoying sound stopped promptly. After a few minutes of stretching my arms and legs, I got off my bed and headed to the bathroom. 

I decided not to ask my chauffeur to send to me to school as I felt like I wanted to walk and enjoy the fresh air. I closed the gate behind me and started to walk coolly.

I entered the class and went to my sit. I took a glance at Sungyeol’s place and I saw his bag but not him. Where could he be? Class was almost starting.

Just before the bell rang, Sungyeol entered the class with his hair untied. I had to admit that he looked cool that way but since he was a guy, was he allowed to free his hair like that in school?

He sat on his chair and looked outside the window. Then, he took out a book as usual and opened it.

When he realized that I kept staring at him, he faced me.

“Stop staring. I’m not a Martian.” He said.

“What’s a Martian?”

“Martian means alien.”

“Oh, I see.”

He got back to his book.

“Where did you go just now?” I asked him

“Washroom.”

“Why?”

“Do I need a reason why to go to the washroom?”

“No, it’s just I wanted to know why?”

“To do my business.”

“What business?”

“Yah!” Sungyeol slammed his table and I felt eyes were on us.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you angry.”

“You’re sick.” He said that and glared at me.

Quite of a hot-tempered, I see.

Throughout the day, there was no conversation between us and I knew that he hated me. I had broken the record for finally having someone to hate me since the past 17 years.

When the bell rang, Sungyeol stood up right away and left. He didn’t even wish the teacher. When he walked away, all of the students including the teacher looked at him, staggered. Since he was ‘The Lee Sungyeol’, the teacher didn’t even dare to stop him. It was clearly that something was off with him today. Or was it because of me? Of course it was because of me.

After all of us wished the teacher, I rushed out to look for him.

I scanned around and I saw him. He was walking out from the school gate and I decided to follow him, silently.

He walked casually along a path that would lead us to the city. He wanted to buy something, I guessed. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite a short chapter... my bad