I couldn’t get him off my head

My Fickle Sweetheart

Chapter 3

As soon as I reached the city, I looked out for a washroom. When I saw one, I went inside.

I took off my school uniform and put on a simple tee with a picture of an apple on it and a pair of black jeans. I decided to take off my glasses as Hoya said I looked good without it and tossed it inside my bag along with my school uniform. I ruffled my long hair a bit and went out.

I looked at my watch and it showed 6.30 pm.

I walked some more until I reached a bar and it was quite big. It was still early but I entered the bar anyway.

Suddenly, a guy at the entrance stopped me. He let me in after I shot him my deadly glare that everyone frightened of. 

I sat at the counter and ordered a bottle of beer.

I knew that I was still underage but this was not the first time I’ve had a beer, I had it before. I usually drank beer when I was stressed. Even though it was not a good behaviour, I couldn’t care less. The people around me may not expect something like this from me as I’m ‘The genius icy devil who hates everyone’ but no one was perfect and that was including me. Everyone had a bad side, right?

As I said, I only drank this stuff when I was stressed but right now I didn’t why I was drinking this. I got the tension feeling but I didn’t exactly know what it was.

After a few bottles, I looked at my watch. It was already 8.30 pm. I ordered another bottle of beer. This was the first time I ever drank so much of beer. Before this, I would only drink 2 bottles the max but today it was already my 4th one and I was sure I would be drunk sooner or later.

As I was thinking to myself, I felt a pair of eyes on me.

The eyes belonged to a guy who was sitting on a cushion at the far end of the bar’s corner. He kept staring at me up and down. I ignored him and took another sip of my beer.

Out of the blue, the guy who was staring at me came and sat beside me and ordered the same thing which I was drinking.

“You’re alone?” he asked me

I looked at him and said

“Do you see anyone else beside me?”

“So you are alone.”

I looked to the front and took a gulp of my beer.

“Are you new here? I don’t think I’ve seen you’re here before this.”

I didn’t say anything.

“Are you stressed out? You seemed like you are.”

“What do you care?” I snarled.

He was a bit shocked with my tone and he stopped talking for a while.

“My name is Park Junhee, what’s yours?”

“I didn’t ask for your name, so don’t bother mine.”

“Come on, tell me your name.”

“I have no name.” I muttered.

“What a unique name. I like that.” He said jokily

“Whatever.”

After that, he kept asking and talking to me but I overlooked him completely.

Soon, my vision got blurred due to the massive amount of beer that I took. I put the money for the beer on the counter and tried to stand up but I sat back.

Junhee touched my shoulder and asked

“Are you okay?”

“Don’t touch me.”

I pushed his hand away.

“I’m just trying to help.”

“I didn’t ask for your help.”

Again, I stood up. However, I lost my balance. Before I could hit the ground, Junhee grabbed my torso. He pulled me up and placed my hand around his shoulder. He took my bag and carried it on the other side of his shoulder.

“Please let me help you. You obviously can’t make it on your own.”

When we walked out of the bar, the glimmering lights of the city hit my eyes and I felt dizzy. I heard that Junhee kept asking something but my mind couldn’t interpret what he was saying.

“ I can’t see.” I said to myself

“What did you say?”

Before I knew it, my vision blurred even worse and the ache in my head was killing me. I took a few more steps before my mind became blank, completely.

I heard him calling me several times before I entirely out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed Sungyeol to the city. I saw him entering the toilet and came out wearing a totally different set of clothes and the shocking fact is, he took off his glasses! Good lord he looked so different -in a good way of course. He walked a bit more before entering a bar. A BAR?!

The ‘virtuous’ Lee Sungyeol went to a bar when he’s just a middle schooler?!! I just couldn’t believe my eyes. I rubbed my eyes a few times thinking it was a dream but it turned out to be not.

I took off my school jacket and the buttoned shirt as I was already wearing a tee inside. I did that because they wouldn’t allow me enter the bar if I was wearing a school uniform. Luckily I wore a tee inside my school uniform today.

After I was done, I entered the bar. I sat at the most hidden place as I didn’t want Sungyeol to sense my presence. I ordered a bottle of cola and I looked at Sungyeol. He was gulping on a bottle of beer.

After he drank a few bottles of beer, a guy came sat beside him. The guy was quite fit and good looking. Was he someone that Sungyeol knew?

They had a bit conversation but Sungyeol didn’t look open to him at all. He was totally disregarding him. In front of him, there were a four bottles of beers.

After that, Sungyeol stood up and he almost fall down but that guy grabbed him by the waist. He placed one of Sungyeol’s hand around his shoulder and went outside of the bar.

Outside, Sungyeol was clearly looking drunk and sick. He was covering his eyes as the lights hit it.

Without realizing, Sungyeol passed out and he almost fall to the ground.

I was about to run to him when guy lifted Sungyeol and carried him away. The guy walked to the cars that were at the parking lot. He approached an Audi and unlocked it. He opened the back door and put Sungyeol inside. After that, he went inside the car and drove away.

As for me, what should I do right now? Should I go home or should I call his parents?

Damn! I had neither his parents’ number nor his number.

I sighed and sauntered heading to my house. I hoped Sungyeol was okay. I hoped that guy wouldn’t do anything bad to Sungyeol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I opened my eyes, the pain ran through my body and hit my head. I placed both of my hands on my head and closed my eyes again. The pain was excruciating.

“You’re awake?”

I opened my eyes again when I heard somebody was asking me.

I looked to my side and it was that guy from yesterday standing carrying a tray of food. I roused up immediately. 

“Where am I?” I asked him when I realized that I was not at my place.

“You’re at my house. You passed out last night. I didn’t know what to do so I brought you here. I tried searching for your phone but I couldn’t find it.”

“Oh.” Only a word came out from my mouth. I forgot to bring my phone yesterday.

“Are you feeling better now?”

“Not really.”

“It’s okay. I made some porridge, wanna eat?”

Instead of answering, I just looked at him indifferently.

“I guess that’s a yes then.”

He placed the tray in front of me and I took a spoonful of the porridge.

“Not bad.”

He smiled and I ate it some more.

“What’s the time now?”

“It’s 9.15 am.”

“9.15?! Damn I’m late for school!”

“School? You’re still schooling?”

“Yeah.” I mumbled while scratching my head.

“I think you’re late for more than 1 hour already. Do you still bother to go school? I don’t think they’ll open the gate for you if you go now.”

“You’re right. I should head home now.”

I got off from the bed and grabbed my bag at the corner of the bed.

“By the way, thanks… for the meal.” I stuttered because I usually won’t thank people.

“No problem.”

I got out from his house and finding for the path that would lead me to my house.

When I reached my house, I stood in front of my gate.

What would my mother do when I entered the house later? I bet she would scold me.

I sighed and opened the gate. I gave another sigh went I placed my hand on the door knob.

I turned the door knob and opened the door. I put one foot on the floor of my house and followed by another foot.

“Lee Sungyeol, where have you been?!”

“Minimise the volume Omma, I’m here. You don’t have to yell.”

“I called Hoya but he said he didn’t know where you were. Where have you been?”

“I went to my friend’s house and I fell asleep there so I just spent the night there.”

“Which friend? I thought Hoya is your only friend.”

“Omma, Hoya is not the only one.”

“Why are you not in your school uniform?”

“I borrowed his clothes. I can’t be wearing my school uniform for the whole night right?”

“And why are not in school?”

“I woke up late so I just skipped it.”

“Don’t do this again in the future. Inform me first before you go anywhere. Understand?”

“As if I would do that.” I mumbled

“What did you say?”

“Nothing.”

I entered my room and threw myself onto my bed and stared at the ceiling for a long time. Inside me, my mind was… blank. I thought my life was complete with a loving mother, an understanding father, an adorable little brother and a best friend but there was something missing. I wasn’t sure if it was a person or not but it was just… not there.

In school, I had everything that a student could ever want. I had teachers all around me since my grades were always on the top and they didn’t seem like they were going to go down which was a good thing. I was good at sports too. I had everything that I wanted but I didn’t know why I was feeling like this. Even though I thought I was perfect, I was not denying the fact that I was cold and mean.

I closed my eyes and forced myself to go to sleep. After 15 minutes of struggling with my mind, I managed to fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He didn’t come to school. That Lee Sungyeol didn’t come to school.

It was not like that I was interested in him or what, it was just I couldn’t get him off my head. I was wondering where he could be. Was he still with the guy from yesterday? I hoped not since I didn’t like him. He did look nice from the outside, but from the inside, who knew.

I wanted to go to his house after school but I didn’t know where it was and I was too lazy to ask.

I walked home after school and suddenly my phone rang.

“Oppa, it’s me.”

“Oh Hae Ra-ah, wae?”

“I’m bored, let’s go somewhere, pick me up.”

“Hae Ra-ah sorry. Oppa is very tired. Oppa want to go home and sleep. We’ll go out next time ok.”

“Ah oppa~ pick me up.”

“Hae Ra-ah, next time ok.”

Without waiting for her answer, I ended the call. It was not like I didn’t want to go out with her, I was tired. By the way, we already spent some time together last weekend. She couldn’t expect to see me every day even though I was her boyfriend, I needed my own space too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sungyeol-ah! Come down and eat dinner.”

Sungyeol turned off his laptop and got out from his room. He headed downstairs and settled down on the chair when he arrived at the table.

“Hyung, where have you been for last night?”

Sungjong who was just arrived at the table asked him.

“You don’t need to know.”

“Don’t be so mean to your brother.” His mom said to him

“I was at my friend’s house.”

“Oh. Was it fun?”

Sungyeol just nodded.

When his father arrived at the table, he asked him the same thing.

“Sungyeol-ah, where have you been for last night?”

“Why is everyone asking me the same thing?”

“It’s because no one tells me and that’s why I’m asking.”

His father said while sitting on the chair.

“He slept at his friend’s house.” Sungjong answered for him.

“Oh. Was it Hoya’s house?” His father asked

“No!” He exclaimed

“Relax son, don’t be mad. I’m just asking.”

After his mother had served the food, they all ate together.

“Next week, my friend’s son will be coming and living with us.”

“What? Are you kidding me? A stranger will be living with us? I don’t like it.”

Sungyeol said straightaway before his father could explain further.

On the other side, Sungjong was happy.

“Really? It’s going to be so much fun.”

“Look at Sungjong, can’t you be happy as he is?” His mom suggested.

“Omma, you know me. I hate people.”

“He’s not a stranger to me since his father is my best friend and I’m glad that he’ll be living with us.” His father said

“He is to me and why he has to live with us in the first place?”

“My friend and his wife are going to London for work purposes and he can’t depend on his son to live in their house alone even though they have maids over there.”

“Then will the maids live in the house alone?” The curious Sungjong asked

“He said that he’ll give the maids a holiday until he comes back to Korea.”

“And whose room he’ll be staying in since the beds in the three guests’ rooms had been broken by this boy over here?” Sungyeol said while pointing to Sungjong

“He’ll be staying with you since he’s your age.”

“What the…? You can’t be serious.”

“Make some friends Sungyeol-ah.”

Sungyeol sighed and looked at Sungjong.

“What on earth were you thinking when you made the beds into your trampoline and jumped on them until they were ruined? Are you that unwise?”

“Sorry.”

“Appa, just buy a new bed will you?”

“I don’t want to, I want him to stay in your big and spacious room. Plus your bed is a king-sized bed, it won’t be a problem.”

“Sungjong’s bed is a king-sized bed too!” Sungyeol grumbled

“He’s your age.” His mom said

“This is so frustrating.”  Sungyeol sighed and put down his chopsticks

“What if they do something weird?” Sungjong asked

“What do you mean by weird huh?”

After seeing his brother’s malicious face, he didn’t dare to say something odd.

“Nothing hyung.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment, thank you. By the way, do check out my other fanfics too. It will be a huge pleasure for me~

ps: sorry for grammar mistakes, if there's any