He's a devil I'm telling you

My Fickle Sweetheart

Chapter 1

 

Ms Song stepped into the class and the whole class muted.

“Good morning class.”

“Good morning Ms Song.” All of them answered

She walked to the table and put her books down. She took out a paper and walked to the center of the class.

“Starting from today, there will be a new arrangement of seats and it will be permanent until the day you are done with middle school.”

Most of them whined when she said that. They were already satisfied with their partners and didn’t want to change their seats.

“Keep quiet class.” Her voice echoed through the class again.

“Kim Myungsoo will be pairing with Lee Sungyeol.”

The whole class kept quiet and looked at Myungsoo because Lee Sungyeol was extremely feared by all. He's just not human as he hates everyone, mean and cold too.

“He's so dead.” Some girls whispered while pointing their fingers towards Kim Myungsoo who was in his own world. Myungsoo was lost in his mp3 world and he didn’t give a damn about this new arrangement thing.

“Do you hear me Myungsoo?” Ms Song asked Myungsoo who was still in his world.

One of his friends poked him on the back and he was back to reality.

“Yes Ms Song?”

“Next time, pay attention to what I said understand?”

“Yes Ms Song.”

“Put away that mp3 during my class if you don’t it to be confiscated.”

“Yes Ms Song.”

Myungsoo was a good and obedient boy even though he always skipped class and minded his own business. He never gave anyone trouble.

“Who’s my partner again?” he asks his friend.

“Lee Sungyeol.”

“Lee Sungyeol who?”

His friend pointed to Sungyeol who was concentrating on a book in front of him.

“Oh, that famous Lee Sungyeol.” Myungsoo said idly.

“Aren't you scared?.” His friend asked him.

"Why would I?"

Myungsoo mumbled and stared at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol, who felt like he was being watched, looked up and met Myungsoo’s gaze.

Myungsoo smiled slightly but all Sungyeol did was focused back on his book.

“What the….?”

“Why?”

“I smiled at him but he looked back at his book.”

“He is like that, don’t you know?.”

“What do you mean by ‘he is like that’?”

“He's a devil I'm telling you. Although he's very good looking, there's something about him that is so frightening. He's always with his books and doesn’t even care to talk to someone at all. His grades are no joke I’m telling you, he never gets an A before but A+ all the time.”

“Wow. I never get an A before too but C, D, E and F all the time not even B.” Myungsoo said casually.

"Are you going to be all right sitting next to him?"

“Don’t worry, I can handle it.” Myungsoo smirked.    

After a while, Ms Song ordered them to seat according to their new arrangements.

Myungsoo languidly stood up and dragged his stuff and feet to his new table. He settled down on the chair and stared at Sungyeol who was with his book, again.

Sungyeol put down his book and looked up.

“What is your problem?”

“What?” Myungsoo asked, confused.

“Stop staring?”

“Since when staring is wrong?”

“It is wrong.”

“Fine.”

Sungyeol opened his book and read once more.

On the other hand, Myungsoo just sighs and takes out his phone.

Are you free tonight? How bout partying at my house?

He texted his girlfriend. 

Sounds cool. Pick me up at 7.

His girlfriend texted back.

Yes my lady.

Myungsoo kept his phone inside his pocket and laid out his hands all over the table and wiggled his body a bit.

Sungyeol peeked at him because of his weird action and got back to his book. Even though Sungyeol looked difficult to handle, there was something about him that made him so conspicuous. 

“I’m having a mental breakdown here.”

Sungyeol ignored him.

“I’m having a mental breakdown because of you. You are too infatuated with your book. I can’t stand that.”

“So what?” Sungyeol said nonchalantly still not breaking his eye contact with the book.

Myungsoo shook his head and closed his eyes. He wanted to forget about Sungyeol and wished to be drifted to dreamland as soon as possible. He just couldn’t stand him anymore. Books stressed him, which was why he refused to study. No wonder his results were such a flop. He was only into music, clubs and girls and those were all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol returned home when school was finished. He unlocked the door and found his house… empty. His parents and his younger brother were not home. His dad would be at work but what about his mother and brother?

Where could they be? He thought to himself

He put down his bag on the couch and headed to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and grabbed a green apple. He walked back to the living room and threw himself on the couch. He took off his glasses and placed it on the small table beside the couch.

He the television while crunching on the apple. Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pocket and he took it out.

How bout a party tonight?

His only friend and also best friend, Hoya texted him.

Don’t feel like going. He replied.

You must come no matter what. Hoya texted back.

I’m tired. I wanna sleep. He replied again.

I don’t care, get ready by 8. If you don’t come out, I swear I’m going to abduct you. Hoya sent another text.

Whatever. Sungyeol texted him one last time.

Sungyeol put his phone aside and shut his eyes. After a few minutes, he dozed off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes when I felt someone was touching me. As expected, my brother Sungjong was dressing me up while I was sleeping.

“Finally you’re awake. I had a hard time putting on the clothes one you. Now get up, I need to apply the eyeliner. ”

“Hands off.” I said while rubbing my eyes. I was not fully awake yet.

I stood up and looked at myself at the mirror.

“Sungjong, what have you done to me? I look… preposterous.”

I stared at myself who was wearing a pair of super skinny jeans along with a tight purple buttoned shirt. On my wrist, there were two odd-looking bracelets. One had spikes and the other had a few weird patterns.

“Since when do I have an extremely skinny jeans and where these two bracelets came from?” I asked Sungjong

“It’s mine.”

“No wonder it’s so tight and bizarre. I can barely walk.”

Sungjong scanned me up and down and said,

“You looked awesome.”

“I look silly.” I replied

“No you don’t look silly. Trust me.” Sungjong said back

“I certainly don’t trust you.”

“Just have faith in me, you look splendid.”

“By the way, why did you dress me up like this?”

“Hoya hyung told me that you are going to a party with him so I decided to make you look good.”

“When did I ever agree to go?”

I didn’t even say yes to go to a party with him. What was wrong with that guy?

“Now let me put one some eyeliner.”

Before Sungjong could get a hold of me, Hoya came into my house and pulled me out.

“Bye Sungjong, we’re already late.”

“He’s not done yet.”

 I heard Sungjong whined as Hoya pushed me into his car. After that, he got into his car and drove off.

“Seriously, why are you forcing me to go to the party so much? You know that I don’t like that kind of place right?”

“It’s time for you to be normal my friend.”

“I am normal enough.”

“Fix your hair, it’s a mess. We’re almost there.”

I looked at the mirror and pulled my hair into a small ponytail with a rubber band that I found in Hoya’s car since my hair length was at my shoulder and it was quite long already. 

“I need a haircut. My hair’s long.”

“It’s not that long, it looks fine to me and in fact, you look good with long hair. Don’t cut it.” Hoya said.

“Yeah right.” I mumbled

After I make sure that my hair was fine, I leaned on my seat and the radio.

However, I felt like something was missing. Something important was missing. All of sudden, I realized what was the missing thing.

“Damn! I forgot my glasses.”

Hoya took a glance at me and said

“I can’t turn back now since we’re already late and I think you look fine and better without it.”

“I’m more comfortable with my glasses on.”

“I don’t understand why you must put on the glasses all the time. It’s not like you can’t see a thing without it, it’s just a reading glasses right? So, what’s the big deal? Ditch it when you’re not reading.”

“My glasses are my pride, my trademark. Get it?”

“Your existence itself is your trademark. You don’t need those glasses.”

I chose to keep quiet.

“Ok, we’re here.”

I looked out the window and saw a big house in front of us. The house was big, so big. I wonder whose house this was.

“Enormous.” I said to Hoya

“Indeed. It’s one of our schoolmate’s house. His name is Myungsoo.”

“Myungsoo? The name seems so familiar to me but where did I hear it?”

“In school maybe.”

“Maybe.”

The name sounded really familiar. Who could he be?

Hoya parked his car and we got off. Once I stepped out from the car, eyes were glued on me. I felt uncomfortable, again.

“They’re staring at me.” I whispered to Hoya

“They’re staring because you looked hot. See over there, the girls are drooling.”

Hoya pointed to a bunch of girls.

"But some girls are running away too." Sungyeol pointed to a bunch of girls who got freaked out after seeing him.

“This is why I hated parties.” He said again

I tried to walk straight and reassured myself.

“You have fun, find someone to talk to.”

Hoya managed to say that to me before his girlfriend, Lisa dragged him somewhere. When did Lisa arrive? I didn’t notice her.

Ok, back to the main problem.

Here I was, standing in the middle of a party, alone with thousands of eyes glued on me. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's chapter 1 everyone. Sorry for my grammar mistake if there's any. I'll update once or twice a week. Please read, vote and comment. Tq <3