Chapter 2

Unforgettable

“Sunbaenim……” She called out as her eyes landed on Yongguk then the person beside him.

“Yongguk… Who is that?” The blue-green haired lady asked Yongguk. Sohyun looked carefully at that lady. She looked so familiar, like she saw her somewhere before. 

Ah~ She remembers now, she is Song Jieun from secret. What was she doing with Sunbaenim? Are they very close? Why are they together at this hour? Sohyun thought to herself.

 

“Yongguk, do you know her?” Jieun looked at Sohyun with a confused expression.

“No. Let’s go Jieun, I’ll send you home.” Yongguk said to Jieun while looking at Sohyun. With that, they walked out of TS building leaving Sohyun in front of the lift, dumb folded.

“Are you sure you don’t know that girl? She seems to know you and she called you ‘sunbae’” Jieun questioned Yongguk further.

“No, I don’t know who she is.” Yongguk replied coldly with a fixed expression.

 

Sohyun had no idea how long she had been standing in the building, she was in total shock. Just like the first time they met, Yongguk left her in shock. However this time, she felt so lost. She went to look for Yongguk for answers, what she didn’t expect was him to not acknowledge her presence when she was there in front of him. No, she did not find answers; instead she ended up in another pile of confusing mess.

She stood there for a good 30 minutes, after receiving a call from her worried mother, she headed home. She thought about why Yongguk ignored her, maybe it was dark and he couldn’t see her properly, maybe it was her…. She tried her very best to think of a reason why he did that to her, but she couldn’t.

 

Sohyun reached home and found her Mom sitting in the living room.

“Umma, why are you still awake?” She asked absentmindedly.

“Kim Sohyun! Where did you go? It’s already past 12. Okay never mind since you’re home I’m going to sleep now. We’ll settle this tomorrow! You better go and sleep now!” Her mom nagged as she went up the stairs.

 

Sohyun sat in the living room for a long time; she was really lost and confused. Sohyun was really afraid of losing Yongguk. She has been quite dependent on him for a lot of things, she really miss the times they had spent together. Yongguk was more than just a boyfriend to her, she once believed that Yongguk was really the one for her and she was the one for him. Now, she don't even know anymore. 

 

*Dingdongdingdong* the doorbell rang as it brought her back to reality. Who could be here at this hour? It was almost 1. Sohyun thought as she opened the door.

“Sohyun…” Yongguk called.

“Wow, I thought you didn’t know me? What are you doing here? How did you know I live here?” Sohyun said sarcastically.

Yongguk rolled his eyes. “Sohyun… Don’t be like this, we need to talk.”

“Like, that’s not what I’ve been trying to get you to do.” Sohyun blurted out in frustration.

“Let’s go to the park nearby,” Yongguk ignored her previous remark and walked first. Sohyun frowned and followed behind him.

 

They found a bench and sat down; they just sat in silence for about 10 minutes.

 

“So care to explain why you didn’t recognise me just now?” Sohyun asked, breaking the silence.

“Did you recognise the person with me just now?” Yongguk asked.

“Yes I do, so how does that answer my question?” Sohyun was getting really irritated.

“Jieun and I... We are dating, we have been together ever since a few month ago.” Yongguk said indifferently, as if it wasn't a big deal.

“What… you are together with Song Jieun? Why? Why didn’t you bother to at least tell me beforehand? You ignored me for a few months and now, here you are telling me that you are together with another person???? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!” Sohyun screamed, exasperated.

“I… I’m sorry.” Yongguk said softly.

“Don’t say you’re sorry when you clearly are not! Don’t say things when you don’t mean it! Just don’t! Since you have someone else already let’s break up! No point anymore…” Sohyun shouted while trying to hold back her tears. With that she turned around and was about to storm off.

“Sohyun wait!” Yongguk grabbed Sohyun’s wrist and stopped her.

“What more do you want to say!”

“About what you saw just now, please… don’t tell anyone about my relationship with Jieun” Yongguk said with cold, hard eyes.

Sohyun forced herself out of his grip. “Don’t worry about that. I won’t tell anyone.” She said backfacing Yongguk.

As she walked away from Yongguk tears start to fall uncontrollably.

 

~End Flashback~

 

“Hyung. We reached, are you thinking about that noona again” Zelo said, sleepy sounding, which earned him a hit on the head.

“Yah. Stop asking about her. You never learn your lesson” Himchan chided.

“Arasseo hyung. Aish! That was painful.” Zelo said as he got out of the van, leaving Himchan, Yongguk and Manager Kang in the van.

“Are you okay?” Himchan asked concerned.

“Yeah. I guess, just really regretful. I was stupid.” Yongguk said while keeping his polaroid, the only polaroid he has of Sohyun.

“Well, there’s nothing you can do now. If fate allows, I’m sure you’ll be able to meet her and make it up. But for now, you need to get some rest, let’s go.”

Himchan’s wise words made Yongguk feel better. Even though Himchan is childish at times he’s really good at making one feel better.

 

“Yeah I guess that’s all I can do for now.” Yongguk said to himself and followed Himchan out of the van back to their dorms.