Chapter 1

Unforgettable

Fans all knew how much of an emotional rapper Yongguk is, but what they don’t know is his story and what he’s going through. They’ll never know, because he’ll never say, every day all he does is keep what he’s really feeling to himself and show the brightest gummy smile to cheer fans up. However, he so often forgets to cheer himself up.

After another tiring performance, Yongguk left the stage followed by s. Along the way he bowed politely to the fellow idols that they crossed paths with. After they have removed their make-up and changed, BAP made their way to the van.

Today was the first time they performed “Power” and “It’s all lies” on m-countdown. That day also marks the anniversary of the end of an unforgettable love.

Yongguk glanced at s and found them all asleep. He then proceeded to take out a Polaroid from his wallet.

“Are you leading a happy life now?” Yongguk whispered softly at his old Polaroid, and smiled tenderly as if she was with him now.

A Year Ago

“Sunbae.. Yongguk Sunbae.. Please call me back after you hear this voicemail.” Sohyun called out desperately.

She has called him many times, and yet he never picked up any of her calls. She missed him so much; they have not seen each other for a month. Whenever she called him, he’ll say he is busy and find an excuse to hang up on her.

Not that she wants to pressurise him or force him to meet her all the time, but she realised that ever since he got accepted in TS entertainment as a trainee, he has changed. He was no longer the sunbae she used to know, no longer the sunbae whom she fell head over heels for. She has no idea what about him changed, but just the feeling of warmth and comfort she gets in the past from him has become cold and distant.

She hated this feeling and wanted to find out what has gone wrong, and him not answering her calls was just making her more and more paranoid.

“This will not do, I have to find him.” Sohyun mumbled to herself.

Sohyun grabbed her phone, wallet and cardigan and left her room.

“Umma! I’m going out for a while, I’ll be back soon!” She shouted and left the house before her mother could respond.

“Aish where is this girl going, it’s so late and it’s going to rain.” Mrs Kim complained. 


TS Entertainment Building was just a 10 minutes’ walk away from Sohyun’s house. She walked nervously towards the building, hoping to see Yongguk practicing there.

Even though they have been dating for 3 years, her heart still skips a beat when she sees him. When he smiles at her, her whole world just stops at that moment. She walked slowly as she thought back.

 

Flashback- High School Period

“WOO JIHO!” Sohyun shouted across the corridor, eyes darted towards her direction, as she ignores them and storms up to the tall male.

“Who is that, so much guts to scream at Zico like this”, “She’s in trouble” students along the corridor whispered.

*PAK* a loud sound was heard.

Sohyun just slapped Zico, one of the most powerful Kingka in Seoul High.

Zico’s face turned red from the slap and sent a death glare at Sohyun, who was fearlessly staring back at him.

“You… What did I ever do to you?!” Zico roared.

“You broke my best friend’s heart and treat her like garbage! Who the hell do you think you are? Jimin is a person too! Why did you make use of her and then dump her aside! She actually believed that….”

“Ah. Jimin, it was her who wanted to follow me. I did not force her; she followed me like a dog! I did not force her into anything. She voluntarily did everything for me, I don’t understand why she reacted so violently when she saw me with Sooyoung. Not like Jimin and I were anything at all. She was just like a maid to me.” Zico rudely interrupted.

“You…” Sohyun raised her hands and was prepared to give Zico another slap, but this time Zico was fast enough. He grabbed Sohyun’s arms and tossed it aside.

Zico raised his hands and was about to hit Sohyun. Sohyun closed her eyes and waited for the pain to come. It never came; all she heard was a voice.

“What kind of man are you, trying to hit girls.” The low, calm yet intimidating voice spoke.

 

 

Sohyun opened her eyes and realised it was Bang Yongguk, another Kingka in Seoul high. If we compare popularity, Yongguk’s popularity is 10 times more than Zico. He’s not only popular, he is also smart. Zico standing beside Yongguk only makes him look like a minor.

Yongguk was grabbing Zico’s arms, stopping it from hitting Sohyun. Sohyun swore she saw Zico whimper a bit as he twisted his hand off.

“You better watch out.” Zico growled at Sohyun.

“GO” Yongguk commanded Zico.

Sohyun was still stunned at the fact that Yongguk actually saved her. She never expected that someone so charming would come and help her, an ordinary teenage girl.

“.. Hello? Are you alright?” Yongguk asked her.

Sohyun then realised that Yongguk was staring at her, eyes filled with concern. Noticing his stare, her heart skipped a beat and she blushed, really hard.

“Erm… yeah..  I’m f-fine” She stuttered.

Sohyun noticed Yongguk taking out a paper with a pen and scribbling something down. He then passed the paper to Sohyun.

“Okay, if that guy comes and bully you again call me! I’ll come to your rescue.” Yongguk winked, and left.

Sohyun looked down at the paper and it says:

방용국:  312-3456

Call me if you need help! I’ll be here for you brave girl. ^^ Hwaiting!

Since that incident, they met each other more often and studied together all the time. Yongguk graduated Seoul High being 1st in his level, and a year later Sohyun graduated with 1nd in her level. After Sohyun graduated, Yongguk confessed to her and they were together since then.

~End of Flashback~

“Yes, that was the Yongguk I fell for. I don't believe that he changed, I never will, he must be just stressed out by the idol training.” Sohyun tried persuading herself.

Before she knew it, she was already in front of TS’s building. She pushed the glass door open and pressed the lift. 

‘Here I am Sunbaenim, please tell me I made the right decision to come here. Please tell me we are still the same.’ She thought to herself.

*ding* the sound of the lift interrupted her thoughts. She looked up and got a shock,

“Sunbaenim……..” She called out wide-eyed.