A Short Letter to Summer (and to you guys)

A Year Full of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve always thought of this during our two years together: “How could I be so lucky that a girl like you loves a boy like me?”

I’m not going to lie; I thought the day we first met was fate. Destiny. Whatever romantic movies call. That vintage 50s café we frequently visit for our dates is located in a secluded street in Samchungdong, and even at the day we first met, the only customers were us. Well, and that old lady. But, still. Turned out that we’re both regulars to that café, and yet we’d never crossed paths until that day.

It must really be fate.

It is fate that you’ve come into my life during my hardest times; of when I struggled to tell my parents that I’m going to film school instead of medical. You’ve been my best friend and supporter at that time, and although we hadn’t gone out back then, I was already falling for you. But what could I do?

You were like a grown sunflower and I, a five year-old child. You’re too far up to be reached, I felt unworthy of you, who already have your life planned, mapped out. Back then; I thought it was unfair if I ask you out. You’ve always brought me happiness, while I returned the favor by bringing you only problems to solve.

But isn’t it better for me to reciprocate your goodwill by trying to be your source of happiness as well?

Have I made you happy, Soojung?

I hope I have.

Anyway, enough with the flashbacks, I could have written 20 pages containing solely of our lovely past together. Besides, we have walked down our memory lane today. I wanted to talk to you about the present instead, and perhaps, the future.

Today has been great, isn’t it? Of course, you have to cover your face with a surgical mask and your hair with my baseball cap, but you’re still beautiful. I understand that your debut date has been set, and your appearance is all over the Internet already, but I still have lots of fun. I hope you did too.

As a good boyfriend, I should be congratulating you and praying for your best before silently send you away, and I will do that, but our time to drift apart isn’t now, is it? Could we still be in love even after now? Although you have stated that you’ll always love me and I believe in you, I’d still want to ask you one more time. I’m selfish, I know.

I fear for the inevitable, Soojung. I fear that you’ll soon be everyone’s Soojung, the sparkling crystal gem of that new promising girl group.

I know I shouldn’t be writing about gloomy, depressing stuff because you might possibly worry over me, but also you’re going to debut! Gosh, would you believe that? Your dreams are finally coming true! And although I won’t be directly next to you, note

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter