01

Tough Love

The date was October 16th, 2013. This date in particular stood out the most, Chun Sa hated herself for always noticing this date.  It seemed like hell whenever this day came. This year, the 16th of October was on a Wednesday. Exactly eight years ago, she had gotten together with a man who would scar her from love. After her traumatizing experience with Lee Seunghyun, she swore she would never find somebody again. Chun Sa once had such a caring heart, but those who are heartless once cared too much. Chun Sa grew a burning hate for love and that man. Love was not something Chun Sa needed, all she needed was to be alone.

As Chun Sa slowly slumped out of bed, she dragged her feet along the floor. Stopping at the calendar, she growled at the date and ripped the calendar from off the wall, tossing it across the room for it to land perfectly in the trash can. Literally, this date made her feel sick. It was 8:00AM and she had to get ready for a meeting that was held at her publishing company. Surpsingly, her assisstant wasn't at her door beating it down to rush her. Chun Sa became a writer after she graudated high-school, she had been writing ever since she was a little girl, writing was the only way she had ever found peace.

At the meeting, her bosses wanted to discuss about her newest peace she got published and surpsingly, got a lot of attention. This was shocking to Chun Sa, truly though, she wasn't happy by the least bit. Never did Chun Sa have a care if her books won awards or got recognition because in her writing was personal experiences and her true emotions, that's all she cared about was letting go of all her stress and hurt.

Chun Sa stepped her toes on the cold tiled floor of her kitchen, the moment she was about to reach for her coffee pot a loud banging noise started on the otherside of her wooden door. Letting out a sigh of frustration, she heard her assisstant yelling for her.

"Hey! Chun Sa! Are you ready yet!? We got to get to that meeting right now!" Chi Woong shouted.

"I'm not even ready yet, I just got up! They said the meeting wouldn't start till 9:30! I've got an hour and a half!" Chun Sa hissed back.

"It's good to get there early, it leaves a good impression! So get dressed and get the hell out here!"

Chun Sa was on the verge of throwing open that door and clocking the little upside his head. Stomping her was towards the front door of her apartment, she wrenched the door open and threw a clamped fist up. Chi Woong jumped back, shielding his face with his arms.

"I oughtta drop kick you into next week! I'm the damn writer of this book, therefore I am your boss! You better quit with this attitude, thinking you can tell me what I can and can't do with my own damn life!" Chun Sa spat.

"Sheesh, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.." Chi Woong lowered his arms, still a bit of defense up.

"Yeah, you bet I did. And I suggest you better watch it with me today, I'm not in the mood for your ."

"Shouldn't you be happy? Your book is getting awarded! You're only twenty-three and you're ranking up there as the youngest person to win so many awards on her novels!"

"Exactly, this has happened before so I'm not excited about anything. I told you before that popularity and money isn't why I started writing, I don't care if my work never got noticed."

Chi Woong glared at the shorter lady, placing a pout on his face he crossed his arms and shook his head. "Such a pessimist. Why are you so hateful? Don't you ever show any emotion besides anger?"

"If I go and get ready, will you stop trying to talk to me?"

"Yes."

Chun Sa rolled her eyes, swifting around on her toes she walked off into her bedroom, slamming the door shut. Startled by the loud noise, Chi Woong twitched a little and stared at her bedroom door from across the room. Shaking his head, he allowed himself in her apartment and sat down comfortably on her black leather couch.

Chun Sa's apartment was a nice one, her walls were painted with a beautiful, bright, azure color with a white trim bordering along the floor. Her carpet was padded so nicely, you could sleep on the floor and have cushion. The color of her carpet was a soft, smoky color. In her kitchen, there was pearl-white tile covering the floor. Black, marble countertops covered one-third of her kitchen and in the middle was a silver, two-sided sink. Everything in Chun Sa's apartment was picked out by herself, she really had a different taste but it was a good taste.

The door creeked open, Chun Sa's keys jingled in her left hand as she turned around to close her bedroom door. "Let's go, fudge face." Chun Sa ordered walking past Chi Woong.

"Fudge face? That's a new one." Chi Woong chuckled getting up to his feet and following behind. As they both exited, Chun Sa turned to lock the door and in the mean time, her eyes focused on a small crack.

"You little.." Chun Sa smacked her asisstant's arm and he let out a little yelp of pain.

"Ouch! What?!"

"You dented my damn door with your pounding!"

"No, I didn't!" Chi Woong defended.

Chun Sa raised her index finger, jabbing the tip right underneath the crack beginning to form in her wooden door. Chi Woong inched a little closer, squinting his eyes he noticed the flaw and pursed his lips.

"Um.. Maybe you should get a stronger door?"

"."

Chun Sa shoved him out of her way, starting down the corridor. Chi Woong hurried after her, apologizing with each step they took.