Better Off

~Broken Not Shattered~

Hello my Lunatics (get it because my name is mindly_insane HAHAHAHa..ha -cries-). I really felt like updating today after listening to Better Off by SHINee because if you haven't heard that song it is like an emotional train wreck hiting you at once. So I'm back and in this time in Minho's POV!!!!! I know you all probably hate him for being an -cough @ss cough- but that's ok I did to for about 5 chapters XD. Let's go on.


After I walked around burning off steam after breaking up with Key I slowly comprend what I did. I turn to the wall hitting it as hard as I can sliding down the wall. I hold my head in between my legs sobbing. Luckly no one was in the hall way or so I thought...

"Minho...Minho are you ok?" Luhan, my soccer captain, asked me.

"Hyung I don't think I-" I try to say before crying again.

"...Come with me" Luhan grabs my hand and leads me somewhere.

It turns out he leads me to a empty classroom that no one uses and he tell me to sit.

"Now tell me what's wrong....you can talk to me I'm not just your captain." Luhan smiled bending down to my level.

"Hyung I feel like my heart has been torn into pieces." I said.

"Why what's wrong?" Luhan edged. "What happened was it a girl?"

"...." I stayed silent. "I can't tell him about Key he would judge me like everyone else would." I thought.

I started to move my mouth when there was a knock on the door and Minseok, one of the smartest upperclassmen, came in.

Luhan got up walking to Minseok.....and he kisses him.

"Wait....WHAT" I thought.

"Yeah me and Minseok go out he's my Baozi boyfriend." Luhn said leaning his head on Minseok shudder. Minseok was unbelievably red, but he smiled.

"So you're...." Minho started.

"Gay, homo, want to get in his pants, whatever you want to call it...yes we are." Luhan said gripping Minseok's hand.

"Oh well the person that broke my heart was my boyfriend Key." I explained.

"Oh so you're..."Minseok started.

"What happened?" Luhan stopped Minseok.

"He was being irrational, he wants to be a public couple, but does he not know what that would do to him and me." I got angrier thinking about it.

"Like he gets bullied enough and talked about by everyone else, does he want that for me I mean the soccer team would probably beat me to a pulp!" I screamed.

They were all quiet until Minseok walked up and slapped me HARD on the face.

"What...."I stopped looking at Minseok's angry disgusted face.

"You piece of crap you aren't worried about Key you are worried about your own damn self." Minseok started while Luhan looked shocked.

"Wait you do-" I start before Minseok grabs me by my collar and pulls me forward. "He's way stronger than he looks" I thought.

"Shut up so the reason why Key is so sad about his love life is because you are a wimp, a punk that even if someone like Key were to love you unconditionally you would ignore that person, let that person get beat up everyday, let that person live in the fear and tears because he's gay. You don't want to accept that someone even after all of that he stills stays with you." Minseok said shaking him. 

I was so stunned I couldn't do anything.

Minseok let's me go and pushes me back into my seat.

"Key never deserved you in the first place!" Minseok said walking out slamming the door.

I just sat there and looked at the door. Then I looked at Luhan who had a look of disappointment on his face.

"You could have went to me because of bullying, you have a lot firends that would stand by you, but because you are afraid you rather learn thehard way." Luhan said walking to the door.

"Wait hyung what am I suppose to do I do love Key, but I'm not ready to go public" I excalaimed.

"Maybe you should leave him and go you are just going to make the situation worse if you encourage this relationship....now I have a very angry and upset boyfriend to attend to." Luhan said leaving me all alone.

I sat there thinking about Luhan's words.


It was lunch time and as usual I sat with the soccer team.

I look over to Key's tables. He looks so hagard and drained physically and emotionally.

"What!" I heard someone at my table scream and there I see Luhan with Minseok hand and hand.

"Captain you are gay!" one of them exclaimed.

"It can't be you can't be one of-" someone started.

"Shut it...now if you have a problem you can leave and I can find new players to play I really don't give a rat's what you think. I accet everyone so if you are gay, straight, bi whatever I would love to have you" Luhan said. "And maybe you should all dispearse don't you guys ever get tired of each other, meet new people, find love, Jesus!" he exclaimed walking away.

"He's a dumb piece at crap right we don't want someone like him peeking on showers right guys." one guy said.

We all stayed quiet.

"You can't be serious guys he's-" the guy started.

"Gay? So what some of us aren't straight idiots like you. We aren't judgement like you." someone said.

"So what you all are gay." he scoffed.

Again silence.

"You must be ing me HAHA look at all these gaybees Minho aren't you glad we aren't one." he laughed.

"That's it he's the reason I could never be with Key he's the reason I've been so afraid for what because I want approval well not anymore" I thought.

"Shut up" I said.

"What" he said not laughing anymore.

"SHUT UP stupid s like you are so judegemental, but I bet you like a lot of things that would be considered gay in your eyes." I screamed. 

All the cafeteria was looking at me.

"What you say" his friend came in with him.

"You heard him" the one named Kai came by me.

"You got a problem you probably like guys don't you, you are just so afraid to be caught in the eyes of others." Kai said right in their face.

"You know he's right it isn't the 19th century we accept people now and we won't stand for being treated differently just because of a different circumstance. That goes with gender, race, uality, everything, so open your eyes and see the new world is totally different." Jonghyun said standing by me also.

"Oh really well you know what we do to pretty boy like you girlies." one guy said throwing a punch.

And that is when the whole cafeteria went into a frenzy. Friends defending friends and not holding back. And for once I was on the right side. We got caught by the principal at the end. 

Jonghyun, Kai, and I sat by the nurses office getting the most action out of the fight.

"You guys are so stupid, they could have done more than this" Key said scolding them.

Key came to see us because he was worried, but I really needed to talk to him.

"Key could I talk to you over here." I said pullng him over. 

I hear Kai say "About time" and Jonghyun chuckling.

"What you know you were really irresponsible back there you made me so worried." Key said madly.

"I know, but Key I understand now I'm not afraid of them anymore and I will protect you with all my body and heart." I said holding his hand looking straight into his eyes.

Key blushed.

"So will you please....PLEASE forgive me for being such a jerk, an , a unbelieveably horrible boyfriend in history and please take me back." I said to him.

"So you think that just because you get into a fight and get the sence finally knocked into you that everything is ok." Key said crying.

"Key,,," I started.

"No I don't want to go through the pain and suffering again I finally stop harming myself, I am finally happy, if you want me back you are going have to prove it to me. Not just say sorry." Key glared. "So no....I won't take you back until you can prove and open my heart to you again."

Key started to walk away.

"I WILL JUST YOU WAIT KEY I WILL SHOW YOU THAT I AM SERIOUS!" I called down the all to him. Little did I know that Key was already healing when I said that.


Of course principal office means call to my parents which means very angry parents when I got home. And a laughing brother also.

"I can't believe you would fight and get hurt like this!" my mom exclaimed.

"Yes you are one of the top soccer player of your team, you have good grades, and you are always nice why would you need to fight?" my dad asked.

"Because they were talking about the people who were gay in our team and I'm one of them." I said seriously.

My parents where silent and my brother was looking at me with wide eyes.

"Oh hunny why didn't you tell us." my mom asked.

I looked surprised.

"You couldn't possible think that just because you like gys we would hate you" my dad said.

I stayed silent.

"Look Minho I know we are harsh sometimes and we look like we might judge you, but we won't we love you for you because in the end you are still Minho, our son." my dad said holding my shoulder.

I could have cried when my mom hugged me.

"So don't worry about a thing." my mom said patting my cheek.

"So what else about this fight made you do this?" my brother asked.

I explained everything about Key, about me being a bad boyfriend, about how I was fed up with the worriness.

"Well sweetie you have a bit of a pickle on your hands." my mom said.

"But what do I do, he doesn't want me back until I can prove it to him." I said. 

"Well just think it like this why did Key fall in love with you in the first place?" my mom said.

"Hmmm." I thought hard.

"Think about it ok and I'll call you when dinner is ready." my mom said as she left my room.

I lay back and think back to when I first wanted to ask Key out. It took months to get ready to ask Key out.


"Someone left you another note in your locker Key" Taemin said by Key's locker about a year ago.

"Oh." Key blushed. 

"Your secret admirer is getting more and mroe flirtier giving you secret notes and your favorite flowers." Onew said.

"If I did have Taemin and that hapened to me I would go for it." Jonghyun lauged when Taemin hit Jonghyun chest lightly.

"But guys I don't even know about tis guy. He wants me to meet him by the tree outside in front of the school." Key said.

"You should go and be happy because you never know who would like you again." Onew rolled his eyes.

Key smirked and pushed Onew a little.

After school Key went by the tree to find another note waiting for him tellin him to go to the pastery shop near the school. He went there and along with a slice of cheesecake I left him there was a note saying that he should go to the coffee shop where he was served a Vanilla Latte and given another note that told him:

"Come see me on the peak by the river."

He made his way muttering that if it was another note he would leave, but there I was with a picnic made just for us two. Where we could see the sun set and have sparkling juice and cuddle.

"Would you please like to join me?" I asked him.

I rememeber Key blushing and looking so adorable and smiled his eyes basically closed saying the one word I was dying for him to say....

"Yes!"


I openned my eyes when my mom knocked on my door.

"Minho dinner is ready." my mom said.

I gave my mom a hug.

"What is it Minho." my mom asked.

I stop and look at my mom with flaming charismic eyes.

"I know how to get Key back!"


Well Lunatics there you have it. A pretty decent chapter of the continuation of this story. I hope you all liked it. Please comment and tell me what you think. Sorry for any grammatical errors! Until the next time!

~mindly_insane~