Chapter 7

Everything comes with a price
The sunlight peeked through the window and it woke you up. Daehyun's hand was still on your waist and you slowly placed it aside and climbed down the bed. You walked to the window and tied the curtains up to let some morning light in. Seconds later, your husband woke up. 

"Mhmm. Let the curtains down." He mumbled in his morning voice. 
"Good morning." You said cheerfully.
"Mhmm. Good morning too." 
"The nurse said to me last night that your surgery is by 10 o'clock." 
"Mhmm."
"Get up would you. They'll be serving you breakfast."
"Shirheo. You make one for me." He pleaded with his eyes half-opened.
"Please." He said cutely. At this state, how could you not say NO ? 

***
It's already 10 a.m. and Daehyun was brought by the nurse to the surgery room. Along the way-with little time left, you followed him and held his hand. Both of you exchanged gazes and you're glad that he's fine. As soon as he was approaching the surgery room, you had to release his hands and you watched him as he entered the room. Within the last second, you opened your mouth and said "I love you". 

By the next second, he disappeared from your sight. With mingled feelings, you sat down on the chair by the hallway and waited.