Chapter 44

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo sat on the edge the king size bed in his hotel suite, lost in his thoughts when the doorbell rang. He got up from the bed and opened the door.

There she was, his beautiful angel. Both of them stared at each other for a few seconds. A smile plastered on Myungsoo's mouth.

Suzy watched as a smile breaks out on Myungsoo's face as she stepped closer. Her heart would not stop pounding.

"Hi baby," Myungsoo whispered softly. He reached out, taking Suzy's hand in his and squeezing it softly.

Suzy squeezed his hand quickly before she pulled her hand out. She saw the hurt momentarily flash in Myungsoo's eyes at the rejection, but it disappeared a second later when she reached up and placed her hand on his cheek and her finger ran along his cheek. Myungsoo's arms immediately wrapped around Suzy's neck in a soft grip as he laid his head against her slender shoulder.

Suzy said nothing. She simply hugged him tight, rubbing Myungsoo's back soothingly.

"I thought you'll never come." Suzy heard Myungsoo mumbled.

"You didn't even think I am here now." Suzy voice sounded teasing.

Myungsoo let go of his hug and looked into those black eyes, "No, I couldn't believe you were here. This is like a dream. Thank you for coming," Myungsoo whispered. "Please,...” He pushed the door wide open and made a gesture with his hand for Suzy to walk into the room.

Suzy gave him a thin smile and stepped in slowly, took a few deep breaths, in and out, in and out. ‘Stay calm. You have prepared yourself for this before. You have thought it through. You are ready. You have to stay calm. Because he is there. Right behind you.’  Suzy sighed, thinking what they could be saying to each other right now.

Myungsoo let out a shaky breath and blinked back tears, his heart threatening to pound its way out of his chest. ‘It's not the same. She is not mySuzy.'

Myungsoo closed the door behind them, trying to sound relax. A quiet throat clearing broke up their thoughts, and their moment. "I can't tell you how glad I am that you came today, Suzy." Myungsoo said from behind her back.

Suzy felt a hand on her shoulder, she did not flinch. She just stood frozen at her place. The touch was like electricity running through her body. She closed her eyes and her memories with Myungsoo flashed through her mind, every touch, every kiss, every fight. It's been four years since Myungsoo last touched her. Suzy shuddered.

"Me too." Suzy said, slowly turning to him. The best thing she could do now was put on a strong face and heart and show Myungsoo that she was doing fine without him. She somehow managed to pull out of her brain, with a false cheery smile. "How are you?" Suzy asked.

“I miss you, Suzy. There's nothing good about me without you with me.” Myungsoo replied looking deep into the pair of black eyes.

Suzy's heart sank. That's not the answer she was waiting for.‘Was he?’  She looked at him over again, taking in his pale face and tired expression. Suzy barely believed he was saying what he was, she was scared to believe it but at the same time she knew he wouldn’t lie to her. And she’d be lying if she said she didn’t missed him too, and she’s not one to lie, so she’s just going to stay put and not say anything.

"How was umma?" She asked, trying to make light of the situation.

"Umma is fine. She’s missing you, too. Umma wants to see you home.” Myungsoo stared at her. “I miss you.” Myungsoo said it again, his stare not leaving Suzy’s. He’s holding himself from jumping and takes Suzy into his arms again and tells her how much he loves her and missed her. But that was the last thing he would do, which will scare Suzy and make her run away from him again. He doesn’t know how to continue from here. He doesn’t know what to do next.

“And L?”

Myungsoo smiled when he heard Suzy asked about L. “L is a big boy now. He’s almost six years old now. He lived with his mummy. I take him home only for the weekend.”  He continued. “He’s been asking about you. Everytime he saw your photo he will ask, when is umma Suzy coming home? Then I will tell him, soon, appa will bring umma Suzy home soon.”

 

Kim Daehyun was jumping on his bed holding a photo frame in his hand. "Appa, where are you going?" Daehyun asked seeing his father putting some clothes in the suitcase.

Myungsoo looked at his son. "Appa is going to Japan for a few days."

Daehyun stopped his jump. "Appa will bring home Umma Suzy?" Daehyun was grinning showing the photo he was holding to his appa.

"Yes L. Appa will bring Umma Suzy home. If not this time, maybe next time." Myungsoo said taking his seat on the edge of the bed pulling Daehyun onto his laps.

"Appa promise?"

"Yes, L. Appa promise."

 

Suzy choked out a little laugh hearing at it. “Does he really want to see me?”

Myungsoo was shocked to hear that. “Of course, Suzy. You’re his umma, too. I will keep telling that to him.”

Suzy smiled. "Thank you."

“Suzy, the little girl with you, is she my daughter?”

Suzy's smile vanished.

"Please tell me the girl is my daughter. I beg you, Suzy... please tell me that it's true she is my daughter."

Suzy closed her eyes briefly and counted to ten trying to get rid as the much feared moment approached. When she opened them she saw Myungsoo was still staring at her curiously. “She is Kim Miyumi... my daughter... our daughter.”

Myungsoo stared at her wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter