Chapter 34

Love Is 'Ouch'!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suzy sat silently in the passenger seat in Kai's car with her hands resting loosely in her lap. She stared outside the window and exhaled. “Kai, this is the third time I'm asking, where are we going?"

Kai didn’t answer. Glancing at her even as he maneuvered a turn at a junction, he smiled. 'You asked for this'. He said in his head. He parked in the empty parking spot outside the row of shop.  "We're here. Let's go." He said as he unbuckled his seatbelt. His mouth that was currently set in a little smirk.

Suzy carefully slid out from the car. “What are we doing here, Kai?” She asked looking around the area.

“We are going in there. That coffee shop.” He said pointing to the said shop right in front of them.

“But, .... it’s closed.” She said with knitted eyebrow, confused.

“Yes. That’s because you are going to open it now.”

Suzy stared at him. “What do you mean? I don’t understand.” She said, tilting her head as if asking for more explanation.

Kai was just grinning widely. “You will, soon. Let's go.” He grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her to the main door of the shop. Digging in his pocket, he took out a key and placed it in Suzy’s palm. “Go ahead. Open it.” Kai said.

Suzy took a step to the front door, as she put the key into the lock she looked at Kai once more. Kai nodded once to her and mouth 'open it'. After a moment of hesitation, she pushed the door open and entered the door slowly, moving by his side carefully, looking around the area as she moved. 

"Whose place is it anyway, Kai?" She asked as she turned to him.

Kai had winked at her and then grinned. "Before that, don't you want to take a look at the back as well? Go ahead. I'll wait here." He said.

She walked past the counter to the back and after few minutes she walked back to the main area. "Kai, tell me now." She whined, pouting extra hard now to add affect.

Ignoring her question, Kai went behind the counter and smiled at her. “So, when do you want to open this shop?"

His question had shocked her into silence. Her eyes flashed to him and saw a small smirk appear on his face that caused her stomach to fill with uneasy butterflies. Her smile faded, and she pressed her lips inwards as her eyes widened and her eyebrows quizzically. She actually pointing to herself and asked, "Me?" ever so softly. "Kai, you better start explaining this now." She said,  didn’t tear her eyes away from him.

Kai looked at Suzy whose eyes were so wide, he nodded to her. “Yes, of course it's you. You are the owner of this coffee shop from now on.” Kai took out a brown envelope from inside his jacket pocket, leaned in over the counter handed to her.

"What is this?" She took the envelope from his hand.

"Just read it…."

Suzy sighed nervously and did what Kai asked her, pulling out the letter from inside, skimming it over quickly. She shook her head, her heart squeezed itself, panicking, cutting off her breath. "Oh my God! I own a coffee shop? Wait a second! I don't know anything about running a coffee shop!"

“Yes you are now.” Kai said almost in singing tune. “This place is yours. You’re the owner of this coffee shop together with me. We going to make it to our coffee shop. We'll clean up, change the name and make our own menu. You don't have to worry about workers, I'll borrow from my dad's restaurant." He explained, grinning.

Suzy stared at him, blinked once… twice… and then it clicked. She tried, truly, but her muscles wouldn’t obey and her face hurt from the tremendous effort to try and fight back the urge. But soon her shoulders were shaking, her chest was bubbling with laughter - she laughed in a way she had not remembered laughing for a very, very long time. “This is really a nice place. Oh my God, Kai. I can’t believe this." She was starting to smile a lot.

Kai thought he died a little every time he saw Suzy’s smile. Kai smiled softly and walked to her, hesitating at first, but he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Oh yes you can. How about....from now?"

Suzy looked up at him, realizing his face was only inches away from hers. She smiled softly at him then freed herself and looked at him. "You don't have to do this, Kai. I can just work in this shop. You don't have to make me as an owner."

"But I wanted you to feel happy living here. And not just working here. Now you have your own business to run, you'll have your own income, and you don't have to worry about waking up in the morning to go to work. Besides, you will have plenty of time to spend with your child later."

Feeling defeated, Suzy just nodded. "You were right though, Kai. By the way, how did you found out this shop was for sale?"

"Just say, a little help from a friend." He was smiling. "This shop was still running up until last week. So, we just continue from there. Unless you want to do changes according to your liking, then we can just hold the opening."

Suzy eyeing around the shop again "This is already perfect for me." Suzy said, then turned to look at him with those incredible eyes. "This is a huge step for me to do, and I have faith in you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter