5

Dollmaker

It was the next morning when the doll could hear soft footsteps towards his room. He had sweetly hope it was his master because the man had not visit him last night to give his goodnight kiss. He assumes his master was too rattled by the fact that his cousin came to visit that he forgot.

His master couldn't have forgotten his morning kiss too, could he?

Wrapped under his silk covers, he waited for the door to open. But there was something odd with the footsteps that were sounding louder and louder. They were too fast, too different.

"Master?" the young boy voiced out when the large door opened. Revealing a figure he recognized from last night.

"Is that what he makes you call him?" the man chuckled. Taemin remembered his name-was it Kai or something of sorts.

"You shouldn't be in here." Taemin said back ,hiding more of his petite body under the covers. His master would be so angry if he found out his doll was talking to the person he hates. Taemin was so scared that his master would be angry with him.

"My my, you are very pretty little girl. Come on, don't hide under the covers. Let me see you." Kai tried to coaxed the young boy out of the covers. Not quite realizing yet that Taemin is a very pretty boy, not a girl.

"I'm not a girl."

"Are you? My dear cousin appears to be much more naughty than I thought he'd be. Playing with pretty little boys in dresses." the man chuckled before sitting at the edge of Taemin's large bed.

"Leave me alone." the boy said, hiding his face under the covers as he could feel the man inching in closer and closer towards him.

"My grandfather always taught us to share our toys. I don't think Minho would be mad if I played with you."

"He will be mad." Taemin said.

"Prett-"

"Leave me. Master will be here soon." Taemin tried to say. He was thinking of ways to flee the room.

"Come closer to-" Kai tried to said before pulling off the covers from Taemin's body. Having the doll scratch his face before running out of the room.

Droplets of blood fell onto the purple sheets as fluttery footsteps can be heard moving further and further.

 

 

Taemin ran as fast as he could. Trying to find his master but he couldn't find the man. He was scared. So scared that he ran to the furthest edge of the large mansion. To parts of the building he had never stepped foot in.

The halls there were empty and it was silent.

He ran until he reached a room with large beautiful door. He opened it.

 

 

The light was too bright when the door opened.

Kibum had never had Jinki coming over to see him during the day.

His eyes were shut closed, a reflex to protect his delicate eyeballs.

"Who are you?" he heard a voice. A voice so sweet like sugar and pure and innocent that it could never belong to the devilish duo that kept him hidden there for what it seems to be forever.

Key opened his eyes, and he saw an angel. His face was flushed and his knees shaking. Yet he seemed to care more of the boy locked in the room as compared to his state of distressed.

A pretty boy in a pink night dress with honey locks. His eyes were so lively that it seemed like another Earth existed there.

"Kibum." he answered his name. How could someone be so pretty? He could not comprehend such a thing.

"Why are you here? Did master keep you here?" the boy asked as he moved closer to Kibum.

"Is your master Jinki?" he asked back. He would be so worried for the boy if Jinki was his master.

"No. Jinki serves my master. Did Jinki keep you here?" he asked. He seemed breathless, like he had been running from someone or something.

"Yes." Kibum answered. Still in awe in the presence of the angel.

"You must be so sad staying in here alone. Why would he do such a thing?" the boy said in concern. Trying to unchain Kibum from his shackles.

"I don't know. But you need to leave, please." Kibum said back.

"But I need to help you. Master said hel-"

"Please. I don't them to keep you here too." Kibum said. The boy was too good to be part of Jinki or Jonghyun's dark world. He was too bright like the sun to be held here.

"I'll come back for you." the boy promised.

"Please don't."

 

 

"Where is my doll?"

"You mean the boy you have been keeping in here?" Kai asked, still in Taemin's room. Letting the blood seep out of his skin. He never imagined the boy to have such sharp nails. He wondered how his cousin played with the boy.

"Where is he Kai?" Minho said again, his voice too dark too comprehend as he moved closer to the bed, towards Kai.

"He ran away when I said I wanted to play." he said, touching his wound with the edge of his fingertips. It stung when he touched. The doll was a feisty one, Kai would never imagined so from such a fragile looking being.

"Who said you are allowed to play with him?" Minho asked, his hands balled into fists. His brain lurking into dangerous places.

"Aren't toys meant to be shared?" Kai said back, intended to hit Minho where he wanted it to. He did not know why but messing with his cousin was so much fun for him. His cousin never portrayed such emotions to him before. To see Choi Minho be all rattled up over a mere pretty boy gave him a new game to play with.

"He is not a toy." the elder boy said back, his hands were tempted to grab something and smash the younger's head into pieces. His sweetness is not a toy. He is something precious, so  so precious to Minho.

"You called him a doll." the younger said back.

"He is mine." Minho screeched.

"Cousin-"

"Kai, leave this mansion." Minho said once. Knowing he would not-could not be patient anymore.

"Your mother requested me to be here." the younger boy smirked. Minho never disobeyed his elders before. Partly the reason why he got the most treasures when their grandfather died. Even more when Minho's father died too.

"I don't care what mother says. If I see your face any second longer, you will die." He would not be patient anymore, not a second longer under the request of a woman who never loved him. His doll was much much precious. The safety of his doll was everything to him. One could say he could just bring another doll to life, but no. Taemin is different. Taemin is his. Taemin holds his heart as he holds the boy's soul.

"You would not dare." Kai said back. He never imagined his cousin would really take away his life over such a trivial matter. He did not even touch the pretty boy yet.

"I would." Minho said. His finger drawing small circles in air. Gifts from his grandfather would come in very useful right now. He could anything and no one would know or dare to know.

"Cou-" Kai tried to say. The look in Minho's eyes started to scare him.

"I can bring things to life. I can bring souls to the grave too. Would you like to see how?"

 

 

 

 

Author's note: sorry for not updating for such a long time. i was trying to think and yeah. Taemin wants to help Key and Key is scared jongyu will hurt the boy and minho is thinking about killing kai. p/s: please comment and comment and comment.