Chapter 3

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: sorry for the late update... still interested? Happy reading then! ♥

Chapter 3:
 
4 days, 23:08:17 Left
 
 
“Welcome Donghae Hyung.”
 
I heard the waiter greeted and I freeze on my spot as I heard a very familiar name.
 
Donghae…
 
 
DONGHAE!
 
 
My eyes widely opens as the information sink in. I stood up that made Han Kyung Oppa startled.
 
“Are you okay, Hyuk?” Han Kyung asked worriedly. I tilted my head no before turning to face the person who just came in.
 
Believing it was really My Donghae… I almost cry to finally see him, looking so thin. He doesn’t seem to shave his facial hair; I’m sure he didn’t even take a bath while going in here too. Why does his weight suddenly fell like that? It’s like he didn’t eat for a year.
 
Then, he turns around immediately, with a small box on his left hand, he nods at Han Kyung Oppa and looks at me afterwards and finally left the store just as fast as he went in.
 
I, on the other hand suddenly followed him with tears on my face and stop when he stops opening his car door to look at me.
 
“Do you have anything to say, Mister?” He asked coldly; with no expression lying on his face. It’s not like him. He was cheerful and bubbly. So why does he have to turn to be like this? It’s like I don’t know him anymore. It’s like he’s a different person already in front of my face.
 
It hurts because I was the very reason he changed into a different person he wasn’t before.
 
“A-aniyo…it’s like…you seem…”
 
“If you’re not going to finish your sentence, I might end up getting bored in waiting. If you’re not going to say anything, I should probably go now and stop wasting my time here.” He said and I feel the coldness runs through my skin as I watched him leave the place afterwards.
 
Donghae…
 
I just cried there silently. Why did I turn someone to be a cold person? Why does it have to be Donghae?
 
“You only have five days to make things right, Agassi.” Kyu suddenly popped out, out of nowhere; ruining my moment back there; reminding me about the days I will be living as Lee Hyukjae and not as Yoon Eun Hye.
 
“I know. And now that I’ve seen Hae, I badly want to change him back.” I said, determinedly while looking at the place Donghae Oppa standing earlier.
 
“Hyuk, do you know Donghae?”
 
I got startled at Han Kyung Oppa’s question as the latter followed me after. I wiped my tears before turning to face the guy and smile that didn’t reached my eyes.
 
“Kind of.” I answered and the guy nodded.
 
“Do you like him then?” He asked that made my eyes wide, caught off guard.
 
“A-uh…err…”
 
“It’s okay to like him. I want to turn him back to the old him once again. Eun Hye’s death is way over 6 months already. He needs to move on now.” Han Kyung informed.
 
“6 months, you say?!” I exclaimed. I just died yesterday, right?
 
“Yeah. 6 months. Why?” Han Kyung asked, frowning.
 
“N-nothing…I-uh, Hyung. I need to go. There’s something I must do right now. Bye!” I bid, grabbing Kyu’s arms and before we totally left the store, Han Kyung Oppa shouted,
 
“Red hair suits you, by the way!”
 
“Thanks Hyung!” I said gratefully before running through the streets once more and stop when we turn left at the corner.
 
I pinned Kyu on the wall and glares at him after.
 
“You didn’t tell me I’m dead for more than 6 months already! Then why didn’t you say so in the first place?!” I said; anger fills right up through my face, making my face red, the same as my hair color.
 
“You didn’t ask, anyway Aggasi.” Kyu answered.
 
“B-but…I thought I…I died yesterday!” I exclaimed.
 
“I’m sorry. But things like this shouldn’t have to be said.”
 
“So, Donghae Oppa’s like this for more than 6 months. I’ve been hurting him for 6 months already! Ugh! I’m such a bad, bad person!” I said, crying and started hitting my head lightly from frustration and regret.
 
“Yah! I said you can’t hurt Hyukjae, right? Stop crying! People are starting to look at you with weird eyes!” Kyu reprehended.
 
“Ugh! I want to go home now!” I said and Kyu just grabs my arms and we started walking towards Hyukjae Oppa’s home.
 
We were near the house when Kyu turn left and went to the playground nearby instead. He guided me to sit on the seesaw and sit beside me afterwards.
 
“Cool down first before going back. We shouldn’t let your best friend worry.” Kyu said and started swinging the seesaw lightly.
 
“Thanks…” I said and smiled sadly.
 
I keep thinking about Donghae and Donghae’s eyes that seems to have lost soul in them. Eyes dead and he seems not been practicing smiling lately. And I regretted killing myself. I regretted dying.
 
“Kyu,” I said, breaking the silence.
 
“Hmm? What is it?” Kyu asked while looking up front, mind’s still somewhere else.
 
“How did I die? I heard the rescuer told that the cause of my death is hit and run, is that true?” I asked, tears falling down my eyes.
 
“Yes. Uh…you saw someone…who trips and almost died in the street. You were on the other side, and as a fast reflex, wanting to help the guy, you seem to forget you walked past the sidewalk and when a fast moving car, arrived, it’s too late for you to run back to the side anymore and hits you.”
 
“Oh… is that so?” I said, nodding and finally remember everything now.
 
I was on my way to work, waiting for the bus to arrive when I saw a guy tripped and fell on the ground outside the sidewalk and he was hurt. Since nobody pays attention to him, I stood out of the bus stop waiting shed, wanting to help him out but the guy finally stood up and walks away after regaining some strength.
 
I sighed in relief when I saw him okay and was about to walk back on the waiting shed when suddenly a car moving 200mph hits me and I flew 10 meters away from the shed and rolled until I breathe no more.
 
“Why Hyukjae Oppa has to be the body I’m going to posses?” I asked.
 
“I’m not in the position to tell you that. Siwon will answer all your questions after 6 days or you’ll just find out yourself.”
 
“Hmm.” I said and stood up from sitting. I looked at Kyu and faint a smile.
 
“Let’s go. It’s already nine in the evening. Minnie must be worried already.” I invited and took Kyu’s hands and walked hand in hand back home. It feels homey. Kyu’s hand feels like I’m home. I don’t know why.
 
♥|♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪|♥
 
 
“Min! Were back!” I said once I close the door behind me and Kyu. I’m still holding Kyu’s hand when Sungmin arrives to greet me.
 
“You’re with someone, Hyuk? Where is he?” Sungmin asked, confused as he held a spatula on his right hand.
 
I laughed awkwardly before answering him. “Uh, nothing. I said I’m back.”
 
“Oh,” Sungmin said and looks at my slightly floating hand that is like I’ve been holding onto someone invincibly.
 
Kyu, when he saw Sungmin looks at our intertwined hands, took his hand away and mine falls on my side after.
 
“Min?” I called to get the guy’s attention.
 
“Oh? Nothing, nothing. I’m glad your back. Let’s go. I’m going to prepare our dinner.” He said and looks at my red hair before going back to the kitchen.
 
After Sungmin is gone, Kyu blurted out something that made me laugh.
 
“You’re not my type, Agassi.”
 
“You’re not my type either.” I retort and went to the second floor to put the things that I bought for Hyukjae Oppa and changes into comfortable clothes after.
 
“Hyuk! Dinner’s ready!” Sungmin called on the stairs.
 
“I’ll be down in a minute Min! Thanks!” I replied and finish changing and went downstairs afterwards.
 
“You’re not coming, Kyu?”
 
“Nah. I’m going back to report to Teukie Hyung.”
 
“Okay. See you!” I said before walking down to the dining room.
 
 
♥|♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪|♥
 
 
“Min,” I called and saw Hyukjae Oppa’s best friend, sitting on a three sitter dining table, waiting for me. I took my seat across him and smiled to ease the tension’s building up.
 
“Hyuk, you’re acting weird ever since this morning. For the past 6 months, you’re not getting out of your bed. What’s really happening to you? You changed your hair color and you bought stuffs too.” Sungmin stated without looking at me, facing his food he didn’t even touch.
 
“I’m sorry to worry you, Min.” I said, out of excuses. And I’m a terrible liar too.
 
“Since you’re well already, let’s visit Kyu tomorrow. You need to visit him too, Hyuk.” Sungmin said. I took one of Sungmin’s hands on the table and held it tight afterwards.
 
“Let’s visit Kyu tomorrow.” I agreed and smiled. Now, I can finally see Kyu. Hyukjae Oppa’s brother.
 
 
♥|♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪|♥
 
“Min, I’m going to sleep now, good night!” I bid and suddenly hugs Hyukjae Oppa’s best friend. He seems to be lonely and in need of a hug.
 
“Min, thanks for everything. Kyu, will be alright.” I whispered and smiled before climbing up the stairs going to Hyukjae Oppa’s room.
 
Once inside, I locked the door and touch my chest. Oppa’s not in love with Min, is that right? But, why does my heart feels like this?
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Aw! Kyu! You scared me!” I exclaimed, jumping off a little in surprised.
 
“Your face is flushed. What happened? Don’t tell me you--!”
 
“I hugged Min unintentionally! I don’t know what happened alright?” I said and crawl to the bed and covered my body with the blanket.
 
“You sure you didn’t do anything aside from hugging him?” Kyu asked with a weird face. He’s like he’s mad and frustrated at the same time.
 
“Ugh! I don’t want to talk about it, okay? Let’s sleep. We’re going to visit Kyu tomorrow.” I said and before I could close my eyes, Kyu shook me.
 
“You’re going to visit me? Sungmin can’t see me if I didn’t let him, right?” Kyu asked, frantic.
 
“Yah! We’re going to visit Hyukjae Oppa’s brother, not you.” I said.
 
“Oh…”
 
“You coming…hmm?” I asked, slowly drifting away from sleep.
 
“I…”
 
And I didn’t hear Kyu’s answer anymore as my tired body sleeps and my soul started to dream…
 
Dreaming about Donghae… and strawberries…
 
 
♥|♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪||♪|♥
 
The next morning…
 
 
3 days, 14:28:05 Left
                            
 
“Got a good night sleep?” Sungmin asked while we’re eating breakfast in the dining room.
 
“Yeah. Ah! It’s good to be alive!” I said and almost smack my head when Sungmin chuckled.
 
“You’re not happy living for the past six months and now, you suddenly change? I can’t believe you Hyuk. Have you eaten a bunch of strawberries yesterday to make you change your perceptions of living? Like, nobody will eat them as happily as you do if you die?” Sungmin asked and I nodded as a reply. Well, if he thinks it was the strawberries, then let him be.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter