Sketches of the frozen: Hymn of the lost

Snowflakes

 

Hanseok stared at his own reflection smiling. He takes pride at the fact that he, among his siblings, looks more of his fathers' child. His chubby cheeks from his Minseok-appa, his feminine eyes of gold sparkling brightly from his Luhan-appa and his boyish looks despite his human age. He twirled some of his fringes as his hair, like a girl, was silky and long. He loves the color of his hair, ebony that fades into silvery violet on its ends. He looks like a girl but he don't mind at all afterall his features are the one his fathers' wished for. 

 

"Oppa" Hanseok was taken by the female voice that displays annoyance and amusement at the same time. Xiao Min, his female counterpart, puts her victims of the day, their food down before smirking at him teasingly. She was his opposite, her hair of silvery violet growing darker with ebony ends and her feline like eyes from their Minseok-appa while her face resembles their Luhan-appa. "What are you doing playing with your reflection again? Did you check our maknaes' condition?"

 

"I did. They are still sleeping peacefully" Hanseok replied, his eyes trailing over the large test tubes containing blueish liquid that supports the life of the youngest twins of their family. He smiled lovingly before he eyed the unconcious body of a wild boar then to his more-trustworthy-than-a-male of a sister. Hanseok loved that amber glow in Xiao Min's cat-like eyes which seems to be the only feminine part of her. 

 

"Is appa not yet awake?" She asked, her eyes trailing over the farthest end of the cave they are residing. Hanseok shook his head softly and walked over to where their cooking utensils are stored when Xiao Min jumped in surprised and the soft sound of ice crystals hitting the stony ground of the cave reached his ears. Xiao Min dashed towards the source of the sound with the speed of the sound while he dashed as fast as he could. 

 

"Hanseok, good morning" A voice greeted him, a voice he knew to well. The kind voice that promised that granted them freedom and family. His appa's voice. The voice that gave birth to their existence. He rushed to hug his father who chuckled weakly at his actions and hugged him back. "You've become tall, Hanseokie. Come here, Xiao Min. Let me have a good look at you" Xiao Min nodded and took a shy step forward earning a smile from the weak pale-skinned man. "You've grown to be a beautiful lady, Xiao Min"

 

"Appa!" Xiao Min cried tackling her father for a hug. Minseok chuckled at his patted both his crying clones. "Good morning, appa"

 

"Good morning too, Xiao Min. Your siblings?"

 

"Momo and Minnie are still sleeping. The rest is with Kyungsoo-hyung" Xiao Min answered as she nuzzled closer to sniff the scent of her father. 

 

"Shall I inform them of your awakening, appa?" Minseok smiled at his oldest's, Hanseok's, suggestion and he shook his head softly. His once chocolate eyes now of ice blue and his hair of plain silver. His appearance reminds you of snow. Pale white skin as if no sunlight reaches him before, silver hair blessed with the cold silver crystals, and blue eyes that resembles the ice. He was unlike the old Minseok that once serve as the archknight of the union. Hanseok can clearly see the difference of the old Minseok and the new and it makes him even more proud of his looks because he is a remnant of before and the part of now and the future. 

 

"We must visit somewhere first" Minseok smiled while his eyes trailed the sunlight that he lost for a number of years as he was trapped in the cold dreams repeating over and over again. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Lu Han stared at the crime scene. The lifeless body of the once head of the council, Choi Siwon, was frozen in an indestructible ice coffin with the insignia of snow encarved on it. The whole room was frozen and snow covered the floorings. It seems that winter specifically visited the room out of the many. Kris was working with the investigation team and was asking for the details of the murder but Lu Han had a foreboding feeling. As he was lost in his thought, a sparkle from one of the ice caught his gaze and he saw from the ice reflection three figures standing at a place he knew too well. And so, he ran. One look and he recognized the man who was patiently waiting for him with a smile even if his eyes and hair changed. He knew the man too well for him not to recognize. His feet leads him to the laboratory room where they were raised, a white room filled with his and that man's memories. 

 

"Minseok!" Lu Han screamed making the blue-eyed man smile at him. That heart-stopping smile he always wear but with the danger laced over it. The two young adults grinned at him before they bowed politely. They reminds him of the Han siblings, his children. 

 

"Good to see that you are well, Lu" Minseok greeted making Lu Han dashed to him bu the mirrors separate them. The mirrors made of ice separates them, him and Minseok. "I am very sorry, Lulu. But it is not yet time for us to meet again"

 

"When? When can we meet again?" 

 

"When the end is nearing. We will meet" Minseok smiled sadly and it broke Lu Han's heart with a stabbing pain. "I came here to see you. And for these children to know their father's face" Lu Han stared at the two young adults standing at Minseok's sides. 

 

"I am Hanseok, the eldest of the Han siblings. Please to finally meet you Luhan-appa" Lu han can see the resemblance of Minseok and Hanseok before the ice caster disappeared. He smiled weakly, longingly. He wants to touch his family. His own blood and flesh. 

 

"My name is Xiao Min. How do you do, father?" Xiao Min was Hanseok's counterpart in appearance. Her eyes carries that stubborn will Minseok has before. And both of them completes what the current Minseok lacks now. 

 

"I thought Lala was the eldest" Hanseok shook his head. The mention of his sister's name brought warmth in his chest. Minseok smiled at Lu Han before Xiao Min tugged his sleeves informing him of the incoming unwanted visitor. 

 

"It is time to part, Lulu. We will meet again" Hanseok bowed politely before his eyes glowed with that golden spark and the reflection vanished. Kris entered the room just in time when the ice crumbles along with Jongin who scanned the room for the traces of his love. 

 

"He is back, Kris" Lu Han whispered softly, his knees losing all strength as he collapsed on the arms of his brother. 

 

"Who?" Kris questioned rubbing his older brother's back. The knights entered the room silently watching the crying telekinetic being comforted by their leader. 

 

"Minseok. Xiumin, the Winter Reaper has returned." Lu Han cried making Kris froze on the ground. "It was him who killed Siwon-seonsaengnim. Why, Kris? Why?" 

 

"Lay, bring hyung to his room and please stay with him. Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun bring the body to the lab and thaw it as soon as you can. You can take a limiter off Chanyeol. Sehun please assist Lay" Kris orders and the knights follows accordingly leaving Kris and Tao on the room. The leader's gaze was on the pieces of ice scattered on the floor. 

 

"Have we done wrong?" Kris cried while Tao silently shook his head watching the crystal ice on the floor. "All I want was to save them both. I didn't think it'll all become like this. I was wrong Tao. We've done wrong"

 

"All you did was chose" Tao answered in a whisper.

 

"And that was wrong! I shouldn't have decided. I don't have that power! Now look what I have done. I destroyed everything. Damn it!"

 

"All is done, Yifan. All is done! All we can do is to try to fix it from this side" Tao bend down to comfort the leader who blames himself the most. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"APPA!" The Han siblings screamed in unison as they all rush towards their newly awakened appa and to their older siblings. Suho and Chen were on the dining table eating peacefully while watching the touching scene. Kyungsoo smiled at his master welcoming his arrival. 

 

"The large mirrors all over the house was for this, eh?" Chen cackled while teasing the easily irritable Lele who was the one responsible for setting the mirrors in every part of the house. "How responsible of your Le-le"

 

"It's Lele. Jongdae-ahjussi" Lele frowned transforming to his child form while sticking his tongue out. Chen glared at the young man earning a mocking grin from Kyungsoo. 

 

"Yah! I am younger than your Suho-hyung!" Chen complained earning a series of laughter from the children. "You brat!"

 

"Well, you look older than Myeonie-hyung" Lele fights back transforming back to his normal state, his 17 year old state. 

 

"I see that years at the underground prison don't change your ways Jongdae. Long time no see, Joonmyeon" Minseok greeted his former comrades then smiled to his once apprentice. "Good to see you well, Kyungsoo. I am very sorry that you are caught in my capriciousness and I am thankful for taking care of my children with my absence"

 

"Not that of a problem, hyung. The children are not a bother at all in fact they are of great help. Even without their hypercompetence"

 

"It's in the genes" Suho smiled and eyed the oldest siblings. "And it seems, we have a very close resemblance. By the way, the sleeping beauties?"

 

"Momo and Minnie are in a safe place. Away from the union's hands" Minseok answered taking Lola in his arms and kissing the giggling young girl. The twins who are usually silent whined to be hugged and be kissed by their father too. 

 

"Did everything go well?"

 

"Yes, it has. Kris seems to have noticed it immediately. You've taught your apprentice well"

 

"Well, shall we strike? I am getting bored anyways" Chen smiled while Kyungsoo shook his head. "I can use a exercise and see how things are from over there" Suho shrugged while Minseok was immersed patting his children's head one by one. 

 

"Can you accompany your uncle, Lile? Lale?" The twins nodded softly before they ran towards the lightning caster and took his hands with them. Chen beamed at the twins. 

 

"Unlike a certain someone, the twins are adorable" Lele frowned at the statement making Minseok smile. Lile opened a portal and lead the lightning caster towards it. As soon as the portal closed, Kyungsoo eyed Minseok. 

 

"Lile will transport them, Lale will make sure there is no interference. Chen will do the job" Suho answered Kyungsoo's unvoiced question for Minseok who was now dragged by the children into the dining table for him to eat. "They are showy with their love at you, hyung. While they are shy around Luhanie-hyung. Kids are unreadable"

 

"You could make one with Chen-seonsaengnim. Lola assures you that the probability of that happening is 70 percent. More or less" Lola giggled merrily making Suho flush red and ran after the hysterical little girl. Kyungsoo laughed while Minseok chuckled amusedly.