4

Dense Enough For Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

In a silent moment while waiting for their order to come, Stephan began to make a conversation, “by the way, congratulations.” He said as he smiled calmly.

Then Jessica that was having a hard time to make herself comfortable with the awkward situation snapped from her thought, “huh?”

Hearing Jessica’s response was like that, he sighed and repeated again with his flat face, “by the way cong.ra.tu.la.tions.”

For being ‘Jessica Jung’ there’always a time where a thing connects to her mind slowly. “and, why is that?”

This time Stephan felt annoyed as he rolled his eyes, “for the final score. I thought I would get the biggest but you passed my score.”

“oh thanks. Haha it’s because I’m a nerdy I guest.” Jessica answered him as she laughed awkwardly.

“…”

“you know being a nerdy was really nice. Being bullied, being mocked, and also being excommunicated.” She continued.

“Jessie.. I didn—“

“but one thing you should kno—“

Suddenly the waitress that served them before came with a food cart and it cut Jessica’s sentence, “excuse me.” said the waitress with an apologetic smile.

Feeling relief there was an interruptor, Stephan smiled and let the waitress served their order on the table. He just didn’t want to recall everything that happened 5 months ago.

“okay enjoy your dinner.” The waitress said politely and went back to the kitchen as she pushed her food cart.

“okay we better eat first. I’m starving.” He said while caressing his stomach.

Jessica sighed for being disturbed, but she just let it be.

And then they ate silently. None dared to make a conversation, just stole glances every minute to each other. If they met each other’s eyes, the two would look away immediately.

After done eating, Stephan paid for the dinner and they went out to the parking lot.

“do you mind if we go to the park first? It’s still 08.11 PM right now.” Stephan said as he checked his wristwatch.

“mm.. park? O-okay..”

‘I think this is the right time for me to confess to her.’ Thought Stephan.

In a silence Jessica asked, “Steph? Is something wrong?”

“oh n-nothing.. okay where will we go?”

“you said park right?”

“oh yeah I forgot.. I’m sorry..” embarrassedly he answered Jessica and started the engine.

In the other hand Jessica only could chuckle.

Then they went to a park near the resto they ate before in a comfortable silence.

-----

When they had arrived at the park~

“…”

“…”

“mm.. we’re here.” Stephan said nervously.

Hesitatingly Jessica answered Stephan’state, “yeah.. we are..”

Getting no more answer in his mind he wisely asked Jessica to travel the park, “come on then. We take a walk.” He smiled while went out to Jessica’s door and opened the door for her.

And then they walked in an uncomfortable silence. Too much things they wanted to tell to each other. But AGAIN none dared. Stephan glanced at Jessica’s small hand. He really wanted to touch it and lock their fingers together, but there was always no courage in himself. Afraid that he might hurt Jessica again.

But with his small promise passed by in his mind, he dared himself to hold her hand. Jessica was a bit surprised. She looked at their intertwined hands and sighed.

 

Jessica’s POV

‘He’s really trying breaking my high pride for giving him a chance… what should I do now? Should I really forgive him and give him a chance? It’s not like I didn’t forgive him, I just don’t trust him anymore.’

When we were walking in the park with the dim park lamps lighting the aspal we were walking at, suddenly he pulled me to sit on the bench he just saw.

Automatically I just followed to sit beside him and enjoyed the night by looking at the sky. He noticed me and said, “it’s a fresh night isn’t it?” as he followed me looking at the sky too.

“mm yeah.” I replied him shortly. Well it was because I couldn’t find the right words to reply him. I wondered what he was thinking. But suddenly he faced me and there he stared at me deeply and said, “Jessie.. please give me a chance ..” he begged me so sudden and bursted out with so many words that I even couldn’t hear him clearly, “IknowIwasajerkIwasabadpersonIwas toobadforyouIhurtyouImadeyoucriedbecauseofmybadattitude.IknownowyouhatemebutpleaseJessie.. give me a chance?” maybe that was he was thinking about, an APOLOGIZE.

I didn’t say anything feeling confused with what I should reply. He just looked at me; waiting.

And suddenly I heard a small thunder and also some lightening in the sky behind him and I thought it’s gonna rain. Slowly some droplet of water touching my skin. I thought that it was the last time I would see him again. I couldn’t accept him. He might get hurt when he knew that I would leave on Saturday later. I had expected this that he would end up begging me; asking for a chance.

“I’m sorry Steph I can’t.” I said full of guilty in my heart and pulled my hand out from his hold, stood up.

I knew he would be surprised with this. And he was silent for awhile.

“but why Jess? I’ll change for you. I’ll do everything to make you happy.” He said sadly.

“because.. mm it will rain now.” I was so stupid for saying that excuse.

“Jessie..” he said while now stood up and holded my hands.

‘please Steph don’t make it harder for me.’

“I’m sorry but I really can’t.”

“but why Jess?!! why?!! Tell me!” he shouted while squeezing my shoulders.

I felt painful with his sudden behavior until a teardrop escaped from my eyes, but it wasn’t compared with his painful that I just gave up with my feeling towards him. I know he had changed for me, he admitted that he was wrong. But what should I do? I’ll be gone to California and I don’t know until when I’ll be back to Korea. It’s the best for us, stay separated and be friends.

I sighed while my tears kept rolling down to my cheeks and worse the rain started to be heavier. I thought to clear everything and went home before I drenched because of the rain.

“I’ll be flying to California on Saturday and I’ll be staying there during my college life.” I said bitterly.

“…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter