Last chapter

My New Neighbor

“ Happy Birthday, Jieun!” Everyone chorused. We were at the restaurant in the hotel. Luna and Sulli brought out a cake with lighted candles on top. The words ‘ Happy Birthday Ji!’ were written on top of it. They settled it down on the table in front of me. Customers from other tables looked at us with curious eyes.

“ When did you get that?” I asked with a huge smile plastered on my face. They looked at each other. It was our last day on Jeju Island and this was the way they wanted to celebrate it – by celebrating my birthday. They looked at each other.

“ We just picked it up from the cake shop here in the hotel.” Luna replied.

“ Yeah it was no problem at all.” Myungsoo said and gave me a smile.

“ You only wanted to come with us to eat the cakes.”
“ What a liar.”
“ I can only shake my head at him.”
“ And I really thought he cared.”

“ No! Don’t listen to them Jieun. I didn’t go there to eat a bunch of stupid ca-“

Happy birthday to you~”  Kyuhyun interrupted with the song. Everyone sang a long, even the grumpy Myungsoo. The other customers sang along as well. After the song ended, I quickly thought of a wish and blew out the candles. My friends clapped and cheered loudly. -too loudly.

“ Excuse me, would you mind lowering your voices. You’re disturbing the other customers.”

“ Don’t blame us. They were singing too, okay?” Chanyeol spoke up.

“ I understand, but for the hotel’s sake, please keep your voices down.” The waiter said and left without another word.

“ Man he pisses me off.” Chanyeol said and frowned.

“ Aw are you on your period? Don’t worry it’ll be over soon enough.” Luna said and comforted Chanyeol by patting him on his shoulder.

“ Why yes. It actually hurts. A lot. I’m going to complain about the bad service here to relieve the pain” He glanced over at me. “ I’m bringing  Jieun with me so she can stop my anger from exploding.” He said and abruptly pulled me along.

“ Hey you almost made me spill my drink!” I said. Our friends snickered and sneaked glances at each other.

3rd person’s P.O.V.

Kai looked down and made a small, yet disappointed smile. Kai liked her for so long and a guy who knew her for less than a year snatched her away from him. He knew he was going to compete to get her attention but he didn’t know the guy he would compete with was going to be an inch taller than him.

“ You’re smiling but anyone can tell you’re upset.” Baekhyun said to him. Kai turned his head to him. He had the same sad smile. Kai knew Baekhyun had feelings for Jieun; even before he found out Baekhyun was her secret admirer. Kai would be observant enough to look out for the guys that looked at Jieun the same way he did. All he ever felt was jealousy for over a year.

“ Don’t worry. There are lots of other good fish in the sea. You just have to wait for the right one.” Kai assured him. Baekhyun didn’t look nor feel better. Kai sat up straight.

“ Think about it. All you need to do is work out more and bam! You could get any girl you want no problem.”

“ The only girl I want is Jieun. For so long I have chased after her only to see her fall in love with someone else.” Baekhyun looked and Kai with sad-filled eyes. Kai looked at him with concern in his eyes. He then sighed and slumped back in his seat. “ You just got me seriously depressed dude. You are one pessimistic guy. You have it hard but I’ve got it harder. I’ve known her for over 5 years and for the first 3 years I didn’t know what kind of feelings I was feeling. I felt like a confused girl who just got her period.” Kai expressed. He always thought he would end up with his one true love. It may sound cheesy but that was all she ever was to him.

“ We’ve got it tough.” Baekhyun said.
“ I know.”

Meanwhile,  Chanyeol brought Jieun to a more private area; outside.

“ I thought you were going to complain.” Jieun said, confused. “ What are we doing outside?” Jieun asked. She walked around kicking any stones in her way.

“ I said all that stuff so I could have some alone time with you but I’m pretty sure they all know I wasn’t really going to complain. Well, except you.” Chanyeol said. He then grabbed her wrists and looked deep into her eyes. “ I just want you to know how lucky I am to be with you and when we get back we will tell everyone and I mean everyone will know that we are a couple.”

Jieun laughed. “ We don’t need to tell everyone.” She emphasized ‘everyone’. “ Look when people ask us if we’re dating we answer them truthfully, but if they don’t we don’t need to tell them. I don’t want to be one of those couples who do it for attention. As long as you love me and I love you we’ll be fine.” Jieun smiled at him with the sweetest smile.

“ Isn’t it too soon to say the L word?” Chanyeol asked her, his cheeks bright and pink.”

“ I love you Park Chanyeol.” The two kissed under the moonlight and the words they both said and heard 8 years later is “ I do.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

I know. This was really rushed. It's pretty mean of me but if I continued it, it would either get boring or well, super boring. I probably wouldn't be able to finish this fanfic if I continued anyway, but I might do a special chapter to put everything to rest(that 'might' is a 25% chance).

Well comment what your thoughts of this fanfic is and how I could have made it better although I know how to make it better( I couldn't even read the first chapter). May I not be lazy and actually write the special chapter!