A lover's advocate

Broken Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A lover's advocate

 

His tears were still fresh as they slid down his cheeks, unnatural and unprepared as he tightened his jaw. How could he do this? Why didn't BaekHyun say anything? How did he tear the love of his life apart without noticing? Another tears slid down from his wide, horrifiend eyes, followed by another, and another one. Until soon, a steady stream of salty tears cascaded down his cheek. How could he be so vile?

It was supposed to be an average day. Him heading back from work, to his lover's apartment. It was their first anniversary. The date also made him learn, to his surprise, that today was BaekHyun's birthday. How did he forget? Was he that busy with his new lover that he forgot all about who he entrusted his love with? The ache of longing to be with him echoed through the very marrow of his bones. He may not declare so, but he wanted to see the former. It has been almost 6 months since the last encounter of theirs, and truth to be told, he was yearning to meet those gentle, yet ingenuous orbs of his.

And the torment he was left ill-equipped for, was that everything kept reminding him of his past lover. He wakes up in the late morning by the clanking of his alarm clock - to solemnly remind him about the good morning pecks and texts he used to recieve. He checks his rugged state as he walks by the bathroom - taking him back to the comments he used to obtain from the latter in middle of laughters. While driving to work, songs stream of the speakers - and every song prompt him to a sweet memory shared between the two. Their last conversation haunted him, taunting him and replaying through his mind like a broken record.

What he didn't expect though, after finally standing at the door of the room, was a small lady scurrying towards him. She asked him if he was Park Chanyeol, and once he nodded, she places an envelope in his hands, and darts away. Now that he read the truth of his ex-lover, he realized how shallow and low he has been. Did he really disregard BaekHyun that much? He doesn't remember at all.

As he set in his mind, he needs to meet the former - now, desperately. But as known, it was an easier task said than done. His eyes scanned the once messy room that's now a deserted place of dust corners, and dangling cobwebs. It wouldn't take a genius to know that the boy was gone long ago, and his eyes scanned the powdery space in search of any clue that might take him back to the partner of their memories. His eyebrows knitted in thought, when did he ever leave? Then it occurred to him that you often find things as you tidy up, and he set about the task with a sort of meticulousness that was quite uncharacteristic of him. As he sifted and sorted, his eyes were constantly on the look-out for any item that can lead him to the former.

While shifting his hands through the cupboard, a card stumbles out, and he was quick to snatch it from the ground. A business card, he assumed, with a delicate writing describing a physician who worked nearby. Not wasting more of his time, Chanyeol rushes, with eyes on fire of determination. He has to find him, now or never. Starting to move amongst the roads, his eyes darting more wildly with each passing second, searching for the office of the said man. As he does, he notices the eyes of people pinned on him, and he doesn't blame them one bit. Quite frankly, he should look like a madman - who just broke out a mental asylum - for he did run around, eyes wild.

Now that he actually was in front the door, he has no idea how to react once he meets the physician. Gnawing at the insides of his cheek, he runs his fingers between his hair before knocking. Constantly fiddling with his knuckles, the latter air between his teeth before entering. In order to fnd the boy, he has to face whoever is behind this room - and he was ready for it all.

"Good afternoon, Mr.Kim would meet you-...Chanyeol?" The rich voice stopped to splutter in astonishment, before twisting into a sneering snarl. "What are you doing here?"

"BaekHyun." Chanyeol replied in a pant, wiping the cold sweat that was glistening down his furrowed brow. "Where's BaekHyun? I need to talk to him-"

"You can't." Kris simply stated, before turning back to organize his desk. He must have been the assistant of the said physician.

Chanyeol gritted his teeth in order not to growl at the man. He really had enough for the day, but he still was tenacious to locate the area of his past lover. He wasn't eager to return back to his apartment with his plan to be fulfilled. "And may I know, why?"

"Because he left. BaekHyun left." Kris snapped, and his hand slammed by the papers, sending them to fly through the air. It was clear none of the two had any desire to talk to the other, but knowing Chanyeol, he wouldn't leave until he finds the information he wants.To be honest with himself, Kris never wanted to meet Chanyeol ever again after he broke up with the man he loved, leaving him destroyed.

Chanyeol froze for a moment, before resuming to breath. Forcing air out his nostril, he rubbed the area between his eyebrows. "What do you mean, left?"

"That means, he left." Kris blinked in a sarcastic act towards the younger, only to find himself pinned to the wall by his collar. Eyeing the aggravated male in a frosty manner, he shoves his chest away. "What the , Chanyeol?!" He snapped.

"Where.is.he?" Chanyeol shoots daggers at the other male, before sighing and sinking by the chair. "Please, tell me. I'm desperate."

Kris chuckles in a cold manner, before supporting himself by the wall. "Oh, how pathetic. And what makes you think I'll tell you so?"

"Because I think I still love him." Chanyeol mutters bitterly, clasping his palms to his face. "Holy , I still love him."

Silence stretched bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter