Pretty Warm Lies

a whole bunch of Jessica Jung Pairings ♥

 

▐ Introduction: Key would always tell Jessica pretty warm lies...
 Characters: Jessica, Key, Keysica
▐ Genre/Theme: -
 Method of Writing: reasonable standard
 Additional: -

 

 


Pretty Warm Lies


Ever since Jessica met Key, she knew that he would change her life. She was cleaning outside her flats under the command of the landlord who would give her work after workload, but it was the only way she could survive. She knew the consequences, work until your feet burn, be shouted at like a dog and be treated like a little helpless mouse but in return she got a roof over her head and the basic but food that was precious in Jessica's lacking life. Jessica was sweeping bare foot in a tiny little cotton dress when Key walked past, he looked on in sympathy but he felt a part of him warm up. As time went by Key grew closer and closer to her, chatting to her on the streets and asking about her life. He'd carefully listen as she'd sadly describe her deprived life but quickly change the subject. One day he even plucked the courage to ask her out. Of course she said right away! 

Their first date was simple; it was a stroll by the river. Key wasn't wealthy enough to afford a fancy dinner at a restaurant; he got below average pay but had enough money for a relatively good flat and essentials. But it was truly beautiful. Lights shimmered in reflection to the pretty and dazzling sky line. Boats sailed effortless and smoothly across the surface and the light breeze whisked around and kissed their faces. Keys warm hand never left Jessica's, it made her blood warm up and travel up to her heart making it beat million miles an hour. Stealing glances at the petite pretty girl Key knew he wanted give this vulnerable girl a better life in the future. 

"You know Jessica," he said in a whisper. "One day we can escape our lives, one day I'll make enough money for the both of us to move somewhere far away and start a fresh. I'll have enough money for the both of us. Just you and me, Jess." he smiled down at her and giving her tiny hand a squeeze. 

A sincere smile stretched across Jessica's frail face and she nodded with a sense of hope now present in her life, something she never felt before.

.

.

.


For the second date they had Key had saved enough money to take a bus to an art gallery. Taking Jessica's hand she led her into the bus and out again and into the big city. Finally they had found the art gallery and inside they walked endlessly marvelling at the beauty of finely painted pieces of art. They gazed into the depths of the brilliant workmanship for what felt like hours. 

"One day Jess, I'll make a name of myself for my artwork. You'll be seeing my work spread across all four of these walls. I'll work hard, get recognised and then the rest will be history. And you... you'll be my muse!" 

Jessica nodded again, absorbed my Key's ambitious attitude. "I believe in you, Key." 

.

.

.


Soon enough the next week rolled along and they had walked about the length of the great wall of China. They collapsed on Key's bed as he hugged her close to his chest protectively. So close that she could hear his heartbeat through his warm chest. "I was working on a piece of art today," he said softly in a tired whisper. "I was about to go home when a man suddenly stopped me and looked at my work. I thought he only wanted it for a bit of loose change." he stopped and smiled softly. "He liked my work, Jess. He really did. It turned out he was a manager and offered to help me become known all across Korea, but of course I'd never leave you Jess." 

His weary eyes began to close. "I'll be by your side forever." he whispered into her neck. 

Jessica coiled her by his chest. 

"Oh Key..." tears rimmed her eyes as Key drove into a deep sleep.”You're always like this..." her eyes clamped together so the hot tears spilled down her face.

        "Telling pretty warm lies."

.

.

.


As the next week came by... Key couldn't take Jessica on a date. He was ready on his way to the great centre of Seoul where many people would be looking at his work of art. It was his debut as a new and now artist of the 21st century - he already was a great hit. 

Jessica watched proudly at the fuzzy television screen as she cleaned the flats of her horrible landlord. She felt sad but proud for Key. Tears spilled down on the clean floor. She gazed into the new preened and handsomely structured face of the man she loved. 

"Do well, Key. I'll love you, forever." 

She flinched as she heard the door close into a thundering slam behind.



"Promises truly are all but pretty warm lies." 

 

 


 

you guys don't know how long it took me to write a keysica oneshot! I think it's just that Key is such a complex character in comparison to someone like.. Donghae (who can be practically anyone! the boy next door, a prince, in the mafia! ect), I didn't want him to seem too out of character so it was a matter of trial and error here. I couldn't let myself give up too easily either because Key is in my wonderful poster [thank you taekoyaki again!♡] I just couldn't let myself give up! I hope you guys liked it ^^