Noona, Be My Christmas Gift!

Noona, Be My Christmas Gift!

----- Zelo's POV -----

 

It was already 2 p.m. and she already got some gifts the she wanted to buy. Now, we were eating jjajangmyeon and jjampong in a vendor.

“The last thing on my list is just only a cap for Chunji…” I rolled up my eyes than ate my jjajangmyeon again. That brat again. “I couldn’t decide what will I give to you, so what do you want for Christmas gift?”

“Will you give everything that I ask?”

She nodded. “As long as it is not a really expensive one and a make sense thing.”

My forehead wrinkled and I narrowed my eyes. “If I ask it, you must be fulfilled what I’ll ask, will you?”

Geurae!” (Of course!) She sipped her jjajangmyeon broth, “What do you want for your Christmas gift?”

I thought for a while, and then I smiled widely. “You.”

 

 

----- Hee Jung’s POV -----

 

“You.”

I choked my jjampong broth and coughed. “What the h -…”

Noona, be my Christmas gift!” He smiled like a dumb.

"What?!" My jaws dropped. This little kid must be losing some pieces of his brain!

That kid nodded again. "What's wrong? I asked for something easy, huh? Come on, noona, you had promised to give me a Christmas gift!" He said as he smirked. Actually it's cute but now I hate it so damn much!

He always got me. "Aisshh!! You troublesome little kid!"

"Okay, so make it a real, huh?" He winked.

I took a really deep breath. "Okay, you win..." OMO! Eottae?! (OMG! What should I do?!) Aish this kid! I gulped my saliva, was it mean… That I had to be his girlfriend?!

He continued to eat as I continue my lunch soullessly, I lost my appetite! Gosh, I shouldn’t ask him what he wanted. I should go buy gift for him by myself and didn’t ask him what he wanted. Oh God!

 

***

 

“Hey, how about this cap? Is it cool?” I took a cap from the display case.

Ne.

“What is better? Black? Or brown?”

“Brown.”

“Okay, I take this one.” I smiled to the shopkeeper then we walked out from the shop after I paid the cap.

“Now, we’re gonna look for the house decoration. Let’s go!”

Junhong followed me as we walked along the street, looking for the decoration shop.

Noona! That’s the shop!” Junhong pointed big shop next to a subway station. “Let’s go!” He pulled my hand,  I just chuckled and followed him into the shop.

Noona, this is cute!” He said excitedly as he lifted a little white teddy bear decoration for Christmas tree. I just chuckled.

“Hey, why are you so excited? I’m gonna decor my house, not yours, hahaha… You seem like you’re gonna buy it for your house…”

“Aish! Our family will celebrate the Christmas together, right? So I’m excited too! I wanna help to decor your house indeed!” I just smiled. This little boy was so childish yet cute!

"Okay okay, hahaha… Wanna take this one?” He nodded.

 

***

 

“Hey, it’s already 6 p.m. Let’s go home!”

He nodded and followed me to the bus stop. He yawned while we were waiting for the bus. Oh dear, he must be tired of accompanied me today. We spent 8 hours here!

“Junhong-ie -…"

“Zelo!”

“Okay, Zelo. Thanks for today, ne? You must be very tired. I’m sorry…”

“Sorry for what? I enjoyed our day!” He smiled cutely. “Every day is beautiful day, as long as I spend it with you.”

I chuckled. “Yah! Hahaha…”

5 minutes hereafter, our bus stopped. We went into it and took the back seats. I sat beside the window.

It was only 5 minutes after we got to the bus, I found him fell asleep. I smiled then leaned his head on my shoulder. “Once again, thanks for today, Junhong-ie." I whispered as I caressed his cheek. I smiled then stared his face. Hey, I noticed that cute and handsome featured on his face just now. His eyes and nose were perfect; his thin lips were adorable too. Why did I notice it just now? I just raised my shoulder and smiled.

I looked outside. I didn’t know why but since Chunji came, I always felt guilty towards Junhong with no reason. I had to be happy, right? I met my loved one that loved me too, but it seemed that my heart rejected him even though my mind forced myself to be happy since finally I met him again. My mind told me that I should forgive him and opened my heart again but… It seemed that my heart didn’t allow me. My heart told me that… That I had someone who could keep my heart and would never hurt me. But who? Was it him?

I looked at his face again. This one year, he was the one who made my days more colorful. He always stood by my side no matter what. He always cheered me up when I was down with his own unique ways. He didn’t like to see me cried. He was so clingy on me but then, I realized that I felt incomplete without it. I was too afraid to love somebody but then, all the things about him changed my paradigm. Slowly, without I knew how, I thought that I fell in love again.

With who? With him? I didn’t know. I was still too afraid even to ensure what my heart and mind told me.

I was still in my deep thoughts as I realized that we were about to stop at the bus stop near our houses. “Junhong-ie…” I shook his arm softly.

“Mmm…” He murmured.

“Junhong-ie, we’re about to arrive, wake up…”

Finally he opened his eyes and blinked several times then caressed his eyes like a little baby and yawned. Aigoo, he was so cute!

“I fell asleep?”

“Yeah, you even drooled! Hahaha.”

Ah jeongmalyo?!” (Ah really?!)  He caressed his lips and cheeks quickly. I just laughed and laughed.

“You pabo! I’m just joking! Hahaha…”

Noona!!!” He yelled. But instead of felt guilty, I even laughed louder.

The bus finally stopped as he straightly went down, left me behind. After I went down, I ran into my home.

“Here your things! Huh!” He handed me some of my paper bags then left me and went home. Aigoo that kid! I just smiled and went into my house.

Eomma, I’m home!”

 

***

 

Yah! Go left! Left!”

Junhong put the star at the top of the Christmas tree. “How is it?” I showed up two thumbs.

“Cool!”

He smiled and climbed down the stair, then sat beside me. I was arranging the gifts under the Christmas tree. It was only 3 days left before Christmas. All of the preparations had prepared well. Cookies, decorations, and gifts were complete.

“I think our 2nd Christmas will be different, doesn’t it?”

“Of course -…”

 

DING DONG!

 

 

----- Zelo’s POV -----

 

“I’ll open the door.” Hee Jung noona stood up and went into the front door. She turned the knob and…

“Hey, Hee Jung, are you ready?” Damn that brat again.

Hee Jung noona shocked a bit. “OMG! I forget! Let me change my clothes, hold on a minute.” That brat smiled and nodded.

She ran into her bedroom after passed me who sat in the living room. That boy sat on the couch while waiting for Hee Jung noona. I looked at him sarcastically. I did really want to kill this boy now! He always ruined my day with noona!

“Where will you two go to?”

“Ehm? We will go to the public ice skating area near Gwanghwamun Square. Why?” He said innocently. Geez this guy!

“Nope.”

5 minutes hereafter, Hee Jung noona went down from her bedroom. She looked dazzling as usual. Her outfits really suited her, she looked absolutely cute! No doubt for it.

“Ready to go?” She nodded.

Eomma! I’ll go with Chunji!”

Kim ahjumma came from the kitchen. “Ne, be careful, you two. Don’t be back too late, okay?”

Ne, ahjumma, I’ll take care of her. Annyeong!” He smiled then he and my noona went out.

Ahjumma, I’ll go home now. Annyeong!

Annyeong, Junhong-ie…” She smiled then waved at me.

I rushed into my house and took my bike. I had to follow them up to the ice skating area!

I didn’t care about this cold winter night wind that embraced my body. Damn! I just wore a t-shirt and a hoodie. I didn’t wear any coat- okay, forgot it, Hee Jung noona was more important!

 

***

 

Till now, all of the things that I saw were just common things. They went ice skating while holding each other’s hands. I admitted that I got angry, but now I wanted to see more, so I had to hold in my anger. And I keep observed them from the tteokbokki vendor next to the ice skating area. I had to hide, you know. This was the best place to observe them, because I bet they couldn’t realize that I was observing them.

My eyes got narrowed as they stop went ice skating and went into the bench over there. They talked a little. I couldn’t hear anything but I saw Hee Jung noona just hanged her head down; she seemed like thinking of something.

That boy called Hee Jung noona, so she faced him. He wrapped his arm around noona’s waist then, slowly but surely, he got his face closer and closer to noona’s face, and… I felt my heartbeat stopped.

 

 

-----Hee Jung’s POV -----

 

I frozened. My mind was blank; I felt my entire blood veins stop worked, I felt my heartbeat dropped. His warm lips moved smoothly on mine, gave some warmth into my lips that was cold. My mind told me to kiss him back but my heart told me not to do it. I did nothing; I just let him kissed me. I was too clueless to do something.

He pulled his face away from mine, and then he smiled.

Naekkeo haja, Kim Hee Jung…” (Be mine, Kim Hee Jung…) He held my hands and looked into my eyes. “Jebal…” (Please…)

I loosened his grip on my hands. “Chunji, I-I’m… I’m not ready, Chunji. Please, I need more time…”

Chunji took a deep breath. “Until the Christmas Eve, Hee Jung. I’ll give you more time until the Christmas Eve.”

 

 

----- Zelo’s POV -----

 

I felt like my body went light like a feather, I felt like I had no soul left, blank. Just blank. Everything was blank.

Suddenly I felt warm liquids flew down on my cheeks. This was the first time I cried because of love. If I knew that love would be this painful, I would sincerely choose to love nobody.

I didn’t know who I cried for. Was it for her? For me? I didn’t know. I even didn’t know the reason why I was crying, there were just so much uncontrolled pains that attacked my heart with no mercy. I just smacked my chest slowly, hoped that those pains would decrease. But it just made my tears flew down more uncontrollable.

I was too fool to realize that she wasn’t meant for me. I was just too fool to realize that she never loved me, and would never. I hoped and insisted too much from her. I was too clingy on her, I had made her couldn’t hang out with her friends freely and she couldn’t look for her crush. And I was too fool to realize that the one she needed was only that boy, not me.

She had met her first love, the one who had filled her heart. I wouldn’t chase after her anymore. I gave up. I didn’t deserve her. She didn’t deserve a little boy like me to take care of. She deserved someone she loved. She deserved happiness.

I rode my bike home. Noona, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for bothered you. I’m sorry that I’ve made you embarrassed, angry, and get scolded by your eomma. I’m so so so sorry for many things. Be happy with that guy, noona. Please.

 

***

 

----- Hee Jung’s POV -----

 

I looked to my phone’s screen again, he didn’t reply my message? What did he do? Did he sleep? I decided to phone him. He still didn’t answer my phone.

I called him once again. But he still didn’t answer it.

Today was 24th December, tonight we would celebrate the Christmas Eve but still there was no news about him since the last time he went to my house 2 days ago. He didn’t reply my text, he didn’t answer my phone, and even he didn’t come to my house again these 2 days. Why? Did he angry? For what? Did I do something wrong? But what did I do? I thought I did nothing wrong towards him.

I looked at his gift in my sweater pocket. I prepared it last night. Would he come?

It was 6 p.m. Him and his family finally came. I rushed towards Junhong as he entered my house. I dragged him to my house’s backyard garden. He just keeps silent and followed me.

“Why?”

“Why for what?” he answered me coldly. What the heck was wrong with him?!

“Why didn’t you reply my message and phone?!”

“I was busy, sorry.” What?! Busy?!

“Aish you -…”

“Hee Jung-ie, Junhong-ie, let’s go inside! Chunji has already come! Let’s go dinner!” My eomma said.

“Let’s go inside. Don’t make your boyfriend waits for you too long.” What the heck with this boy?! Boyfriend? What boyfriend?!

He walked inside then I followed him. He was so weird. Did something happen to him?

 

***

 

Dinner time had passed. Now it was the time to do celebration. We moved to the living room. My appa started to turn on the Christmas’ songs. We talked to each other and laughed together. But Junhong keep silent, he just stared outside. It was snowy now.

“Hey, it’s time to open our gifts. Merry Christmas!” Choi ahjussi said as he laughed and all of us started to search for the gifts under the Christmas tree with our name on it. Except Junhong.

I looked at him. He didn’t move from his seat. He just stared outside. But suddenly, he looked at me. I was a bit shocked as he pulled my arm and dragged me to the backyard garden. He loosened his grip on my arm then stared at me.

“What the -…”

Noona, please listen to me once.” He looked at the snowy ground. “I’m sorry noona, sorry for all of the things that I do which were so annoy you. I was too clingy on you, so you couldn’t hang out and spend times with your friends freely. I’m sorry that because of me, you often get scolded by your eomma. And…” He lifted his head and looked into my eyes. “I insisted my feelings towards you. Now, I’m giving up, noona. You don’t love me and will never. I don’t deserve you, besides you aren’t meant for me. I know that Chunji hyung loves you so much as you love him too. He’s a good boy, he can make you happy. You deserve happiness, noona. You don’t deserve such a burdensome duty to take care of a little kid like me anymore, because I know I have burdened you so much…”

I dazed. What did he say?

“Please be happy, noona.” He forced a smile as he handed me a little gift box. “Merry Christmas.” He smiled and walked away.

I grabbed his arm so he stopped. He looked at me. “Why?” I handed him a little white gift box.

“Thanks.” He continued to walk.

I hanged my head down. “Please open it first, Junhong…”

He stopped then opened my gift.

 

 

----- Zelo’s POV -----

 

A piece of folded paper? I took it then opened it. There was something written on it.

‘Me.’ I dazed.

She walked towards me and hugged me tightly as she placed her cheeks afore my chest. “Will you take and keep my gift?” She said.

M-my gift was her?

“All of these aren’t making sense enough for me, Junhong. I… I felt incomplete without you by my side; I felt guilty towards you whenever I spent times with him. I felt something missing from me when suddenly you avoided me like this, Junhong-ie… Even though it’s hard, but slowly I realize that…”

I frozened. Re-realized what?

“I love you, Choi Junhong.” She smiled. “And you deserve me.”

 

 

----- Author’s POV -----

 

Hee Jung tiptoed and placed a sweet kiss on Zelo’s lips. “Merry Christmas.” She smiled.

Zelo frozened and touched his lips. Hee Jung chuckled. “Oh dear, I shouldn’t kiss your lips, eh? You’re still under-aged. Hahaha…”

Zelo shook his head. “Noona, one more kiss will be great.” He smiled widely.

Hee Jung smiled shyly. Then she tiptoed again and wrapped her arms on his shoulder, pulled him into a warm kiss then closed her eyes. Zelo closed his eyes too then wrapped his arms on Hee Jung’s waist.

“I get the answer now, Hee Jung…” Chunji said as he loosened his gaze at Hee Jung and Zelo. “He’s a good boy, you deserve him and you don’t deserve such a bastard like me. Be happy, Hee Jung. Saranghae…” Chunji walked away from the kitchen’s window.

Slowly the kissed ended. They opened their eyes.

“I’m so glad that now you’re mine, and I’m yours, noona. Let’s get together till your flawless cheeks get wrinkled and my hair get white. I love you.”