Noona, I'm Jealous!

Noona, Be My Christmas Gift!

------ Zelo’s POV ------

 

Hee Jung noona was frozened. That boy whose face was handsome smiled. Hee Jung noona just stared him blankly; it was obvious that she was really shocked.

That boy took a step forward and hugged my noona tightly then kissed her forehead. Damn! Who was he?! How dare he hugged and kissed my noona?!

“Miss me?” he echoed.

I just held my fist in anger. I liked Hee Jung noona since I moved here one year ago, and I had never kissed her even hugged her! And this boy, who was just come, was dare to kiss her!

Hee Jung noona nodded a little, still shocked. “How could you -…”

“Because I miss you, Hee Jung-ie, I’m back for you…” That boy patted noona’s back and kissed her hair. I looked to the other side. I felt my head was boiling!

Hee Jung noona placed her chubby cheeks afore his chest and hugged him back. They stayed at that position for about 3 minutes.

I coughed. They shocked a little then loosened that long hug. “SO, you said that Kim ahjumma will give something to eomma, huh? When will you give it to me? I’m not here to see you two hugging! I’m tired, I need some rest!”

Hee Jung noona stuttered. “E-ehm, it’s-…”

“Ah, Junhong-ie… You come? Ahjumma want to give these cookies to your eomma… Please give this to your eomma, okay?” Kim ahjumma came from the kitchen with a jar of delicious warm cookies. Oh finally, I did really want to go home!

I just bowed my head. “Ah, gamsahamnida ahjumma…” (Ah, thank you aunty…) I took the jar. “I’m going home, ahjumma. Annyeong!” I waved to her lightly then stepped outside as fast as I could, and passed Hee Jung noona with that boy without looked at them. Started from now and so on, I would hate that boy no matter what!

I reached my house; I opened the gates roughly and walked into my house, and not forget to slam the front door.

Eomma! Kim ahjumma gave you this!” I put the jar on the dining table and went up to my room as fast as I could.

“Junhong-ie! Go eat your dinner!!”

“I’m full! I’ve already eaten tteokbokki with Hee Jung noona!”

Bang! I slammed the door then threw myself onto my comfy bed.

“Arrghh!!! Dammit!” I smacked my pillow. Who the heck was he?! He kissed my noona! Okay, it was just forehead but I hate it if someone touched my noona!

 

***

 

------ Author’s POV ------

 

“Hee Jung, Chunji, let’s have dinner.” Hee Jung’s eomma said.

“I’ll take a bath first.” Hee Jung replied.

“Okay, don’t take a bath too long. I’m hungry.” Chunji smiled and winked.

Arrasseo, shiksin~” (I know, food god~)  Hee Jung pinched his cheeks playfully.

Aish! Appeuda!” (Aish! It’s hurt!) Chunji put an angry expression on his handsome face, a handsome face that she almost forgot for these 5 years.

Hee Jung just sticking her tongue out and went to her room on the 2nd floor. She entered her room and the lamp, then walked into her study desk. She sat at its chair and opened the drawer, took something, a piece of an old photo.

Zelo that noticed Hee Jung had entered her bedroom straightly stood up and ran into his window and peeked to see what she was doing through her window.

“Why did you come that late? Where have you been these 5 years?” Hee Jung caressed her photo with Chunji when they were only 10 years old. “You came when I’m ready to open my heart for someone else… Why Chunji, why?”

Hee Jung sobbed. She did really miss his hugs, his smiles, his scents, his warm-hearted personality, his silly jokes, everything about him. But she was just not ready to receive it again now. His disappearance for these 5 years without any contacts, without any news, slowly erased her feelings towards him. The feelings that she never confessed to him. She had lost her heart’s puzzles for him. ‘What did he mean by come again after these 5 years? He wants to force me to collect the missing puzzles and order me to solve it?’ she thought.

That sight of Hee Jung was crying was the worst, and it broke Zelo’s heart. “S-she is crying? Wh-why? Is it because of him?”

Hee Jung took a deep, long breath, wiped her tears and forced a smile. She stood up and went to the bathroom. Zelo kept his glance at her window. ‘She smiled? For what? What did happen between them? Who is that boy actually?’ Hundreds of questions started to annoy Zelo’s mind. He walked back to his bed, threw himself onto it and glanced the ceiling.

Thoughts that attacked Zelo’s mind slowly brought him into a deep slumber. His constant breaths changed into soft snores. As the thoughts of her led him into his dreamland.

 

***

 

“I thought you’ve forgotten me…” Hee Jung laid her head on Chunji’s shoulder. They were lying on the couch they used to sit years ago.

“Why would I forget you, hm? Or maybe how could I forget you? ” Chunji Hee Jung’s hair softly.

“No contacts and news from you. You changed your mobile number, your facebook wasn’t active,  I-I couldn’t find you on any social media, a-and -…” Tears started to fall down Hee Jung’s cheeks. She sobbed. “You even didn’t tell me th-that… Your crush was Na Eun, my best friend and you -…”

Chunji cupped Hee Jung’s left cheek with his hand palm and put his thumb onto her lips.  “Sshh… I’m sorry, okay… I have some explanations for that.” Hee Jung still sobbed. “Will you listen to it?” Chunji smiled and caressed Hee Jung’s cheeks, she nodded a little.

“My hand phone fell into the sea in Busan. It was broke and didn’t work at all, even the simcard. You know that I’m a forgetful person, don’t you? I put your mobile phone number and house number on my phone. I have written down on my notebook, but I lost it, too…”

Hee Jung nodded. ‘Okay, it makes sense enough.’ she thought. Chunji’s memories were weak, really weak. “Then why I couldn’t find you on any social media?”

“You know, my appa’s profession, right? As one of government’s placeman, our family sometimes was being spied by our politic opponents. So my appa’s didn’t allow me to make any social media’s account.” Hee Jung was astonished. She didn’t know that Chunji’s life wasn’t safe!

“Don’t worry, I’m safe now. My appa’s has resigned and took a safer job. Hahaha…” Hee Jung took a relief breath.

“How about…” Hee Jung gulped her saliva. “Na Eun?”

Chunji was a bit shocked. Early or late, Hee Jung must know this truth. The truth that he had hid from her for years. The truth that tortured him. One of the biggest fault he ever did.

 “I… The reason why I confessed my love to her was…” Hee Jung kept waiting for Chunji’s answer. “The thought of losing you.”

“Lo-losing me?” Chunji nodded.

“I have liked you for years. Since we were in the kindergarten, when I fell from my bike and my knee bleed hardly. You were the one who panicked and gave me the first aid. Maybe you thought that it was nothing, but… I fell for you that time. We hadn’t met for two years and finally we met again in the 2nd grade. I started to approach you then we became best friends. My feelings towards you grew day by day. I wanted to confess it to you but… I thought you only considered me as your older brother, not less nor more and I was afraid that… After I confessed it to you, you would avoid me and your best friend relationship would be broken. I forced myself to stop loving you and opened my heart for another girl. I chose Na Eun. But then, she rejected me, you know. When I moved to Busan and stayed far away from you, I realized something…”

Hee Jung grew impatient. “Realized what?”

“Realized that all I needed was you, you’re the one whom I should confessed to.”

Hee Jung frozened for a while.

Nan jeongmal saranghaeyo…” (I really love you…) Chunji whispered into Hee Jung’s ears. Hee Jung felt butterflies filled her stomach.

Suddenly Hee Jung felt Chunji’s body pressed against hers who leaned on the couch. Hee Jung felt a warm breath embraced her face as Chunji’s face became closer and closer. Hee Jung’s heart pounded crazily when Chunji’s lips were less than 2 centimeters in front of hers. Hee Jung took a deep breath then put her thumb on Chunji’s lips. Chunji pulled his face away. “Why, Hee Jung?”

“I’m not ready, Chunji. All of these are too fast. I-I can’t… Hh… I’m sorry, Chunji. I do love you but… Those feelings start to fade away… After your disappearance for these 5 years. You came when I was ready to open my heart for another boy and I’m just…” She shook her head slowly. “I’m sorry, Chunji.”

Chunji caressed her hair. “I understand, Hee Jung… It’s all my fault. Take your time.” Chunji smiled.

 

***

 

------ Zelo’s POV ------

 

I was just reached up her house when I saw her was holding a helmet. I didn’t think that we would need helmet to take a bus to school, did I? Then why did she hold that helmet?

Noona, let’s go -…”

“Hee Jung-ie, let’s go.” Oh damn, that boy again! He was ready on his sport motorcycle. Okay, I admitted that it was cool, but I bet that he couldn’t do a cool dance like me!

Hee Jung noona stared me with a meaningful glance. Seemed like I knew where that glance would lead to.

“Today, I’ll go to school with him. Are you okay? I’m really sorry…”

I felt like into a deep black hole. I guessed it right! All I could do was just nodded like a dumb.

Hee Jung noona smiled brightly. “Gomawo, Junhong-ie…” She caressed my cheek then went up to that boy’s motorcycle and they left me alone. Dammit! I did really want to kick his ! He took my noona away! The one who allowed going out with my noona was just me! ME! They must be hide something from me!

What a pity, I just went to school by myself. I have to give that brat some lessons!

 

***

 

Noona, we need to talk!” I grabbed her hand and dragged her into the park. I didn’t care about the people who stared us weirdly. I loosened my grip as we reached the park.

Yah! What’s wrong with you?! Why did you drag me here?!”

“Who’s that boy??!! Explain me all of this!!”

“Who boy?!” OMG, she even asked it?

“The boy who hugged you last night. Seemed that there was something between you two!”

“Okay okay, calm down, Junhong-ie. First, he is Chunji, my old best friend. We never met each other for 5 years. He visited me yesterday, and it was okay to hug each other, right?”

It was okay for you two, but it wasn’t okay for me! “You lied! Best friend or ‘best friend’??!! It must be more than best friend, right?! Tell me honestly!”

“Oh my God, Junhong-ie. We’re just best friends! What’s the use I lie to you?”

“No no no, I know you’re hiding something from me!”

“Geez, hide what?! You’re too much, Choi Jun Hong! What the heck with your mind?! You’re way too much!”

Noona, I’m jealous!”