Noona, Anything for You!

Noona, Be My Christmas Gift!

----- Zelo's POV -----

 

“Je-jealous?” Hee Jung noona hanged her head down. “For… What?” I heard nervous in her intonation.

“I’ve told you that I love you, right? I’m jealous indeed!” Aish! Didn’t she know what in-love people feel when they see their crush being close with another man or woman?! Of course I’m jealous!

“B-but there’s nothing between us…” She muttered. “Just best friends. Not less or more…”

How could she say that there was nothing between them?! They were hugging that long and Hee Jung noona seemed really missed that boy. This morning, they went to school together by motorcycle. You know, Hee Jung noona hugged him so tight! Geez! She couldn’t hug any boy except me no matter what! And the most irritating one was when we arrived at school, after Hee Jung noona went down from the motorcycle, that brat placed a peck on my noona’s flawless cheek. Hee Jung noona just smiled shyly, her cheeks reddened, and her eyes shaped into a pair of crescent. Damn!

“Then why did he kiss your cheek this morning??!!” Finally I exploded!

“What was wrong if he kiss my cheek? We’re very close best friend and -…”

“BUT not with that shy smile, that reddened cheeks and that gaze! The way you stare at him… It means many things!”

Hee Jung noona took a deep breath. “Junhong-ie, can you listen to me first?” she said softly. She looked into my eyes. “Jebal…” (Please…)

I was speechless. I-I’m sorry, noona! I didn’t mean to- ah, never mind!

Hee Jung noona sat on the grasses; she took a deep breath and released it. “All of this started when I and he met at our kindergarten when I was just 4 years old and he was 5 years old…” she muttered. I just listened to it calmly and nodded several times. I thought it was just an ordinary story till it reached the main point. My eyes straightly got rounded.

“I hoped it was me, b-but it turned out to Na Eun, my best friend…” She sobbed. OMG OMG! M-my noona cried!! Eottohke?! (What should I do?!) N-noona please don’t cry!

“I have tried to forget him and it almost success b-but…” She bursted into tears. “He came back again, a-and I -…”

Noona, please stop! I don’t want you to cry!” Suddenly I hugged her tight. She stopped her sob and looked at me, shocked but then she blushed. I looked into her eyes for a while. I was dazed for seconds. Her beautiful rounded eyes blinked several times. But then I looked into my arms and looked into her again and my arms again… Just in a second, I realized something. OMG I hugged her! Once again, I HUGGED HER! I straightly loosened my hug and looked the other side panicky.

My heart pounded crazily. Gosh, what on earth?! Why did I do?! She would kill me indeed!

N-noona, mi-mianhae…” (N-noona, so-sorry…) I scratched my back head awkwardly. “I l-lost control and -…”

“It’s o-okay, Junhong-ie, thanks anyways… I feel a bit better.” She smiled a little. “And thanks for your hug, it help me to decrease my heart’s pains.” She smiled. OH GOD! Her smile was such an angel’s smile!

I just nodded and nodded. “Noona, please don’t cry again, for now and so on. Actually when you cried your face was… Weird…” I tried to joke a little. I wanted to see that smile again!

Yah! I wasn’t that ugly…” She hit my arm softly then chuckled and showed her adorable eye smiles.

Noona, so… Now, how are your feelings towards him?” I asked as I lowered my intonation. I looked down at the grasses we sat on. I prepared myself for the worst possibility.

“It’s…” She looked down on the grasses. “I don’t know… I just -… I’m clueless, Junhong-ie…”

Aish! Don’t give me that kind of answer! I need the truly answer! “Why are you being clueless? It’s your feelings! You’re the one who feel it! How come you didn’t know the answer?!” Gosh, I was too emotional!

She smiled and caressed my head. “Love problems are always unpredictable and hard to find the answer, Junhong-ie. You aren’t understand what I feel, even if I explained it thousands times… You have to experience it by yourself to know how it feels to be me.” She smiled again. “But thanks for all of your cares to me…”

I smiled. “Noona, anything for you!” She chuckled. “Hey you little boy, seems that you’ll grow as a womanizer, hahaha…”

 

***

 

We were talking about silly things and chuckling together as we walked and our fingers were intertwined. But then she stopped chuckled and stopped her steps. I confused and stopped my steps too. Then I mouthed ‘what?’ to her. But she just stared at one point. I followed where her stare went to and I found the answer. That boy who walked into us.

“Hey, Hee Jung let’s go -…” He looked to our fingers that was still intertwined tightly, looked into us, then our fingers again. I smirked and tightened my fingers in hers. Don’t you dare to mess with me, bastard!

He coughed. “We will go lunch together, right?” I still held her hand tightly. Please don’t, noona!

Hee Jung noona looked confused, but then she looked at me. Oh no, that stare again.

“Junhong-ie, I’m sorry…” She loosened her fingers which in mine slowly. “I’ve made an appointment with him to go lunch together. So -…”

I rolled up my eyes.” SO, I’ve to go home by myself again, huh?” She nodded in guilty. “I’m sorry…”

I just poker-faced as that boy took my noona’s hand and intertwined his fingers in hers. “I borrow your noona today, okay? Bye, Junhong.” He smiled to me, but it was more to smirk.

I just held my anger and went to the nearest bus stop as they walked to his motorcycle. He just ruined my beautiful day with Hee Jung noona!

 

***

 

“Aish that brat!!” I smacked my pillow again. This afternoon I followed them again. And today their dating place was the ice cream café that I and my noona used to go to. Damn! He even dared to feed the ice cream to my noona!

Suddenly my phone rang. I took my phone lazily but when I looked at the screen… OMG OMG! It was her!! I touched the green button quickly. “Yeo-yeoboseyo?” (He-hello?)

“Junhong-ie~ I wanna go to Hongdae tomorrow to buy some Christmas cards and gifts. Wanna join?”

A wide smile plastered on my face, but I realized something. “Why don’t you go with your ‘best friend’?” I said sarcastically.

“Chunji has to help his parents. They’re moving to Seoul, you know. He can’t accompany me, so I ask you to join…” OH, SO, she asked me because that boy couldn’t accompany her? Dammit.

“So, will you accompany me?” But hey, it was a chance for me to go dated with her! A wide smile plastered on my handsome face again.

“Just the two of us?”

“Yeah, of course!” YEAH! THIS IS THE MOMENT, YOU KNOW! I did really want to jump and shout but I had to keep my self-esteem you know.

I coughed a little. “Okay, what time?”

“9 a.m.?”

“Okay.”

“See you tomorrow!” She hanged up the phone. OMG! I had to look for my clothes for tomorrow. Finally I would date with her!

 

***

 

I looked up myself at the mirror again. Was it good enough? I wore my best clothes today. I wore white t-shirt covered by my favorite dark blue plaid shirt and not forget to wear my white coat. I nodded and pointed the mirror. “Yah, I'm awesome as always.” I patted my chest and smiled.

I went down to the living room. “Eomma, I’ll go to Hongdae with Hee Jung noona!” I said as I tied my shoelaces.

Ne, don’t be back too late!”

Arrasseo. Annyeong!” (I know. Good bye!)

I shivered a little as I walked outside. I reached her house in 4 steps, and then I knocked the gate.

Noona!

Ne! Chamkanman! Eomma, I’ll go now, annyeong!

“Be back before 7 p.m. okay?”

“Okay!” She walked out from her house and opened the gates.

My jaws dropped. S-she was dazzling! She looked pretty with her peach dress and brown legging. She also wore a broken-white coat with a white wool scarf. She looked absolutely cute!

“Yah! Why do you keep standing like a statue?! Let’s go! Many things to buy!” She intertwined her fingers and mine then dragged me to the bus stop. I just smiled and followed her.

 

***

 

Hongdae was already filled with bunch of people. It was only 10 a.m. but shops had already opened, since it was Saturday and it was only 2 weeks left before Christmas. People must be starting to shop some gifts for Christmas.

“I’ll look for scarf as my eomma’s gift…”

I nodded. “Let’s go look for it!” She nodded.

We went into a clothing shop and searched for the scarf. She kept looked and looked.

Noona, how about this one?” I held a creamy white scarf and showed her.

She nodded and took it from my hand. “It’s pretty! Yah, your fashion sense isn’t bad. Hahaha…”

I smiled. Noona, anything for you!