Walking Home

Chemistry Mess

Lunch came by and Sangmin was seated near the window, watching the snow fall ever so slowly. She would have found it really relaxing if she wasn't in a very bad mood. Ever since the chemistry fiasco this morning, she's been really grumpy and Kyungsoo obviously noticed that.

"So, do you wanna tell me what happened?" Kyungsoo asked as he sat down across her. She gave him a deadly glare and he already knew what happened. Kris did something stupid again. Well stupid enough to make her mad. They both sat in silence but it was soon disturbed by the squealing girls near the cafeteria door. Of course, it was Kris. He is school's Mr. perfect after all. She waited for him to be seated when she left the cafeteria. She might just march to the kitchen and throw some hot oil on his face if he comes nearer.

Dismissal rolled by and the snow hadn't stopped falling. Sangmin regrets not tagging along with Kyungsoo to Jongin's place. She had this lame excuse of "I'm too tired and I want to sleep.". She stood in front of the school gates, thinking of what to do when someone stood beside her with a black umbrella in hand. She looked up to see Kris. Out of all people, Kris.

"Looks like you need help." He said and opened the umbrella, shielding the both of them from the snow.

"I've got enough 'help' from you today, Kris." She spat and started walking, not caring about the snow melting on her scalp and clothes. Kris ran and caught up with her and held the umbrella up.

"Come on, this is my apology for this morning. I'll walk you home or you want to get some coffee to warm up." he said with a smile. She simply stared at him with her brown eyes. He just chuckled and linked their arms together then walked towards the nearest cafe. Sangmin was at a loss. She didn't remember saying yes.

After having coffee, Kris offered -more like insisted- to walk her home. It was already 5pm and it was getting darker. The street lamps lit up, giving the almost empty street a soft glow. They were walking in comfortable silence, looking around trying not to meet each other's eyes. Sangmin only noticed Kris stop when he was a few feet behind her, looking straight at her.

"You okay?" she asked as she walked back to him. His stare was making her quite concious but she decided to shrug it off. There might be a problem and now's not the time to squeal over his beautiful brown eyes.

"Uhm... Uh..." Kris couldn't get his words out of his mouth. His throat has gone dry. He was into her curious brown eyes. His eyes moved from her eyes then to her lips that were red due to the cold. Should he?

"Kris?? Almighty Krisus, are you okay??" Sangmin asked quietly. She didn't know what was happening. It only struck her when he leaned down and their lips met.