Christmas Present

Chemistry Mess

Sangmin was ecstatic. The following day, she couldn't hide her smile and her best friend obviously knew something happened while he was gone. They were getting their stuff from their lockers when Kyungsoo asked the question.

"What were you doing while I was gone? I heard from Gayoon that you were frolicking with Kris yesterday." he said with his eyebrow raised. Sangmin just gave him an excited smile and he was even more curious. She had chemistry for first period and last time he checked, she wasn't in good terms with Kris. Sangmin patted his head and skipped off for first period. He would ask her later, when she's back to her senses.

Sangmin sat down on her usual place inside the classroom, yesterday's events still fresh in her mind. She sighed happily as she remembered what happened.

Sangmin didn't know what to do. Hell, she didn't know how to react. She felt Kris' arms snake around her waist as he pulled her closer, leaving no space. It then hit her that her crush, her crush since middle school is kissing her, under the snow in the middle of the street. She didn't care though because in return, she placed her arms around his neck and returned the kiss. It was just like she imagined. His lips were soft, of course with a hint of coffee, he was handling her like she was the most fragile porcelain doll on earth. They eventually pulled back and stared at each other for a long time until Kris started talking.

"I guess the kiss came before the confession." He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

Confession?

"Look, Sangmin. I... well... I've liked you since... well since middle school."

She could feel the heat rise to her cheeks. How? Why? Out of all the pretty girls in school, why her?

"Kris. Why?" She wanted to stab herself. That was supposed to be a thought but she does speak her mind most of the time. 

"You are the only girl who doesn't follow me around school. You are the only girl who has the guts to get mad and walk out." He remembered Chemistry class and he felt his heart break seeing her hurt face. 

"You're the only one who ignores me most of the time unless it's chemistry. I sometimes question myself, why did I fall for someone who doesn't notice me and avoids me like a plague? I guess that's what makes you unique." he said as he caressed her cheeks and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Was Sangmin dreaming or was everything she was hearing true? She bit her tongue and she knew it was not a dream. Kris was in front of her, he was confessing and he just kissed her in public. Shouldn't she be mad?

"I know it's all so sudden but, please, give me a chance? Will you be my girlfriend?" 

Sangmin wanted to explode. She hasn't said a word and she was just staring at him. All she knew was that he liked her and that he wanted her, out of all people, to be his girlfriend. Out of joy and excitement, she jumped at him and kissed him full on the lips. She felt him sigh in contentment and smile in the kiss. When they broke the kiss, he gave her his charming smile.

"I guess I'll take that as a yes." 

She felt someone tap her shoulder and she was too immersed in her thoughts to actually notice the person who tapped her. She turned around and saw Kris, her boyfriend - she still feels giddy calling him that- smile at her.

"Day dreaming I see. Is it about me?" he asked cockily while Sangmin just rolled her eyes and poked his sides.

"So what if I was?" she answered back and he just grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers.

"It means you love me." He said with a wink, making Sangmin blush and turn away. This is her best christmas gift so far.

(a/n: oh gawd lame. It's so cliche'd I'm sorry TT^TT. I just wanted some Christmas fluff. Hope you all like it!! This is Sab, over and out OuO/)