[R] ealisation

Fate's Call

Chapter 2: [R]ealisation

“Who is that?”

I asked when I was outside the apartment that was the therapy centre. I continued to move forward with little steps, one of my hands clutching tightly to the umbrella I carried with me, in my handbag.

A slim figure was moving swiftly in front of the therapy centre. It seemed to be a female and the weird thing was she was dressed in black from head to toe. It was about ten o’clock at night.

I thought about this strange day.

Firstly, I had been dumped. Secondly, I had called and related my lousy romance story to a stranger whom I did not get a name of. Then, outside my therapy centre, an unknown figure was loitering. These events spooked me out and I made a mental note to remind myself to visit a temple to pray for better luck.

“Miss Geum Yeong Lin?” The lady in black turned to face me.

Her shoulder-length black hair framed her cherubic face perfectly, highlighting her pearl coloured skin and also the sharp and delicate features on her face. She had the most brilliant brown eyes I had ever seen. She was a beauty, in despair, as I realised that she had been biting her lips, swallowing and hiding her misery. Her brown alluring eyes, though beautiful, held no joy. Instead, sorrow was written all over her face.

“Let’s get into the centre first before we start talking,” I politely and carefully led her into my therapy centre. She seemed so vulnerable.

I made a cup of warm red tea for the lady, who introduced herself as Miss Choi. After she sipped her tea, her first statement impacted me deeply.

“I had just been diagnosed with AIDS (Acquired Immune Defiency Syndrome).”

No doubt, I had faced many clients, who had confided in me all sorts of problems. However, hearing such unpleasant news still hurt and shocked me, especially so when such news was from an amazingly stunning lady.

Her eyes were fixed on my professional emotionless face. I understood that sympathy was the last thing she would want.

“Are you angry at someone or yourself, because of this incident?” I phrased my question tactfully as I slid the pink coloured filter under the table lamp. The subtle pink colour was the right colour for the situation as pink energy helped people to relax and calm aggressive behaviour, as well as aided in bringing one’s accepting and forgiving nature out.

Each colour had its own unique charm and energy. Colours were proven to be vital in healing as colours were expressions of people’s emotions and they also showcased the physical, emotional and even spiritual needs of people.

I could notice Miss Choi’s tensed shoulders loosen a little and she leaned back in her chair in a gentle and casual manner.

“I did not know what to make of my emotions. I felt anger at first, but afterwards, it was plain grief and worry.” Miss Choi closed her eyes.

“Alright, since you have closed your eyes, I am guessing that your tears might be stinging you. However, keep your mind focused on your favourite colour.” I spoke persuasively.

“Any shade of blue?” she asked in a quivering voice. She must have been shaken by the devastating news.

“Yes, any shade of blue. Imagine you are on a wide stretch of blue, and you are breathing in the calmness of it and absorbing the essence of blue. You are strolling gleefully from the palest shade of blue and slowly a darker shade of blue, and finally, you have reached your favourite shade of blue. You are lying on it. The blue colour soothes you and calms your nerves…” I made a mental note about Miss Choi’s favourite colour being blue and guided her, and her mind, to unwind.

I moved gently to put Yiruma’s River Flows in You on play. Music, like colours, had its own magical energy and healing power.

“Miss Choi, in the sea of blue, please picture your favourite person. The person should be the one who never fails to calm you when you are all nervous and jittery, the person who is always there to make you laugh and help you unwind. Do you see that person?”

“Yes, I see my younger brother. He is here with me, holding my hand, and grinning at me. However, I had not told him about my illness yet. We love each other so deeply; I did not know how to break the news to him.” Miss Choi replied.

“Oh.” I gasped silently, “this is tricky now.”

“Alright, as you are thinking of how to tell him the truth, you sees a new colour. A light shade of purple is shone onto you and your brother. Purple is the colour of empathy and purple is going to be your miracle. As purple is enveloping you, a surge of strength is entering your body too. The strength of purple is enabling your brother to see from your point of view, you can try telling him your situation now. Brace up, Miss Choi. You are a courageous woman. Your brother will understand. He will understand.” I cheered her on…

Our session continued for about an hour and I learnt that her name was Choi Min Eun.

“Thank you so much, I feel so much better! Sorry for disturbing you at such a late time, I overheard one of my members talking about you and decided that I shall drop by. You are really good.” Miss Choi commented when she was about to leave.

“Thank you, Miss Choi.”

“Min Eun, please.”

I smiled at her and called, “Min Eun, I hope you will have a great night tonight. Sweet dreams.”

Min Eun smiled and her face lit up, not with happiness, but with curiosity. “Aren’t you asking me for the whole story about I became infected with AIDS?”

“No, I don’t think I should ask you about that. It must have been a painful experience that you would not want to recall, I guess. If not, you would not have chosen to come here to seek for colour therapy; you would have seek a professional psychologist who can prescribe you some medication and even offer you legal advice, since psychologists would be used to handling such cases.” I answered truthfully.

Her smile widened a little in amusement, and she turned and left, mouthing a “Goodbye” to me.

I returned to my cozy therapy centre and began sliding in the different coloured filters.

Red. Orange. Yellow. Green. Blue. Violet. Pink.

Each of these colours had its own energy and healing strength. Each of them had its own representation of hidden personal feelings as well. Colours were miracles, to me. All of a sudden, as I watched the shades of light changing, I recalled my call to the stranger just then…

“Hello?” The male voice on the other end spoke, in his deep voice, in a questioning manner…

“Hi, I just called to complain that my ex-boyfriend had been such a horrible jerk. He…” I went on rambling about that jerk’s flaws.

After I finished my long speech and was inhaling a deep breath, I seriously flushed in embarrassment at my own act.

In addition, I was wondering why the man on the other line did not hang up.

If I called myself a lunatic, I guessed that man was a moron for listening to a lunatic rant on and on for some time, even though he did not know this lunatic.

Sane people would have just ended the call.

“He had really been a jerk, Miss, from what you had said.” The man on the other end agreed with me.

I gulped.

“Miss, I hope you are alright. You can call me if you want to. However, I really need to end this call now. I have an important interview.”

“Alright, thank you so much for listening, even though you had no idea who I am. All the best for your interview, good luck! I know you will succeed since you had been patient enough to listen to my rants. Thank you and goodbye! I won’t bother you again!” Those were my final words to him.

I could not think of anything else to say. Daggers of mortification stabbed me.

At least, there was someone who bothered to listen to me, I thought. I had been always listening to others and finally I could feel the satisfying pleasure of having someone who could listen to you. I named him Mister Nice Stranger.

“Life is not that bad afterall,” I combed my long hair and prepared to sleep in the big grey couch in one of the rooms in the therapy centre. There was a stranger who bother to listen to me and after meeting Min Eun, I felt that my heartbreak was nothing.

“Paiting (Strive on! Work harder!), Geum Yeong Lin! Like what Jace and Onew had told you, move on!”

-

HELLOS! HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHPT! MIN HO WILL APPEAR SOON! =] COMMENTS PLEASE! THANKS! =]

-
th1rd3ye