[T] he Call

Fate's Call

Chapter 1: [T]he Call

Jerk.

He was a total horrible jerk.

“Jerk, jerk, jerk!” I screamed out as I faced the sea. I did not give any care to the mocking glares from the people who were walking along the bridge. I needed to rant out my overwhelming emotions of disgust, anger and the deepest grief I had ever felt.

I was just dumped by my boyfriend. We had been dating for three years.

Coming to think of it, that were three freaking years of youth that I had wasted; and such thoughts were suicidal.

Whose boyfriend would ever break up with his girlfriend in public?

That was sheer embarrassment.

Whose boyfriend would mock and insult his girlfriend for being an idiot in front of so many people?

That was total insult.

Whose boyfriend would then swagger off in a cocky manner with his hand slipped over the slender waist of another young lady, dumping his girlfriend alone, to face all the sympathetic and derisive stares from the public?

That was called “rubbing salt into a wound”.

That jerk did all of the above.

I stared at the blue waters crashing and lapping against the shore. I was on the bridge, alone, out in this cold winter. In addition, I had been just mocked, insulted, dumped and was suffering from a severe heartache. I pulled my jacket closer to me. I wanted so much to punch that jerk, slap that idiotic lady with such ugly and heavy make-up and then kicked their bums, sending them off to some alien planet, where I would never see their sneering and cocky grins ever again.

No doubt, I was deeply hurt.

I had placed so much faith in him and truly loved him with all my heart. This was what I received. I shuddered in the cold and strolled to the streets.

Tears were streaking my face and my long hair was in a mess due to the strong winds but I could care less.

I decided to call for help.

“Hi, Jace and Onew, I am totally loving your new program and I think that your voices are really soothing. You two sound compatible! I just want to call in to say that I have just been dumped by my boyfriend. We had been dating for three years and he just told me on my birthday that he had been seeing another girl for months. He even remarked that I was stupid not to notice. Actually, I was just trying to put my faith and trust in him. I did notice that he was avoiding me but I really wanted to just believe him. Is that wrong?”

I made the call to my favourite radio programme.

“No, you are not wrong!” Onew and Jace replied in unison.

“You had been a wonderful lover, Miss. You should not grieve over your break up. He did not deserve it. You could do better with another man!” Jace encouraged me.

“Jace is totally right. Miss, you should move on. With such an understanding and loving personality of yours, you definitely will find another man who is many times better than the ex-boyfriend of yours. He had been a jerk! Move on, lady! We will be behind you!” Onew chirped in.

“You are right! I love the two of you! I shall move on! Thank you!” I laughed heartily. Hearing someone, especially a male, calling my ex-boyfriend a jerk, to the mass public, was better than striking the lottery. The feeling was indescribable. It was more than happiness and relief.

As a therapist myself, I had always been helping others heal their emotional wounds, with colours and crystals.

I had rented an apartment and converted it into a centre for therapy. People who appeared confident in their daily lives entered the apartment, and, they would break down in front of me, confiding in me all their problems. I would then make use of colours and crystals to calm them down. Of course, I had to lend them my shoulders and my listening ears. Patience was a must as well.

However, all the skills that I had been using to help others were, of no use to me.

Strolling along aimlessly, I spotted a red phone booth. Somehow, and strangely, I found it alluring.

I had just made a phone call to the radio, but, it was not enough for me.

I rushed to the phone booth and held the phone tightly.

Numbers zoomed through my mind and I pressed them accordingly.

Yes, I knew I was random and crazy, but I needed to do some weird and wild act to release my overpowering emotions.

Tensing up, I tightened my grip around the phone, as I realised that the number I called existed…

“Hello.” A deep male voice rang out.

My heart was palpitating wildly due to the fear pumping through my body. My throat felt dry all of a sudden.

“Hello?” The male voice on the other end spoke, in his deep voice, in a questioning manner…

-
 

thanks for reading:)

 

th1rd3ye/crunch