Surprise~!!

Surprise Birthday Party

 

 

     It's your eighteenth birthday today. But because your family is experiencing financial problems, you can’t celebrate a debut party or something, and for you, it's super fine. To be quite honest, it's okay for you if no one greets you on your natal day. Your special day is just an ordinary day for most people. But still, you’re happier if you receive greetings. 

 

     You woke up with no one around. Your parents left early, as usual, and your older sister is not yet home from a night shift. You sighed deeply and smiled. Most of the time, you find it the best if you're alone, since you're alone most of the time. 

 

     You then felt loneliness after you read all those birthday greetings on your phone. Your parents wrote something on a post it and stick it on the fridge too, and you were a bit delightful. Honestly, you missed someone already. You took your phone again and scanned your inbox. No messages from him. No voice calls. You sighed. Did that rascal even forgot your birthday after he became an artist? That's impossible. He's your best friend. 

 

     Your phone rang during your deep-thinking. You looked at your phone screen, and you found his sister's name. 

 

     "Saengil chukahae, Sooran-ah." she said over the phone happily. 

 

     "Thank you, Yura unnie." You replied and smiled. At least her, she remembered. 

 

     "I bought something for you, it will be sent there in a few hours, okay?" 

 

     "Really?! That's cool! Thank you!" You exclaimed again. You felt excited with her gift this year. Her gifts are always awesome and you liked it. 

 

     "By the way, did Chanyeol greet you already? Aish. That lad. He left home so early." 

 

      You quieted down. Yes. Park Chanyeol. The reason why you suddenly felt lonely. 

 

     "Sooran-ah?" 

 

     "Yeah." You muttered and sighed. Chanyeol's sister knew very well that Chanyeol and you are very close with each other and you are Chanyeol's special someone. He already told you that and you were really happy and thanked him, but you told him your friendship is more special than any other relationships. You never regretted you said this. He understood though, and he, too, realized that you’re right. 

 


     "It's okay. I'm sure he remembered. He was just busy, I think." 

 

     You mumbled and smiled. 

 

      "Maybe he's busy preparing for your birthday." Your heart skipped a beat when you imagine of it. It's so sweet of him. How you wished it's true. 

 

     The sun was starting to set, and you're still alone. You already thanked all who greeted you, cleaned the house, and played with your new puppy, which Chanyeol's sister had given to you for your birthday. Mentally, you're going wild. You haven’t received a single text from Chanyeol. He forgot to greet you on your 17th birthday, and that was horrible. He greeted you a week after that. Now you can’t let him forget. 


 

     Your mom called and told you to go to her office immediately. Since you gave up waiting, you agreed to her request. 

 

     You went with your Mom at the grocery. She said she'd make something special for you, a recipe that she would only cook during special holidays. 

 

     You and your mom walked home feeling exhausted. You secretly blamed your mom for wasting a lot of time inside the grocery store, but you still feel excited for the food. 

 

     You stopped walking a few meters away from your house. You noticed a gray van parked in front of your residence. Your mom continued walking as if she didn’t notice something. 

 

     Your mom just smiled at you, "That's just a van parked in the wrong place." In your mind, you thought that there will be a surprise for you or something; but with your mother's tone when she said those words, you immediately lost all your hope. 

 

     You entered your house and found the lights off. As far as you remembered, you left them on. You then felt an excitement. You proceeded to the kitchen and put down the bags you brought. 

 

      "Eomma?" You called. In an instant, she was gone. "Too fast." You mumbled and smiled. This day wouldn’t end without a surprise, you thought. Suddenly the lights went on and your dad and sister stood up from their hiding places, with party hats and pipes. You smiled widely as your mom neared you with a cake on her hands. "Happy 18th birthday, dear." Your mom said and smiled. Your sister and father started to sing a happy birthday song, and your mom joined. You chuckled and wished, then blew on the candles on the cake. They cheered when all of a sudden a pair of hands covered both of your eyes. You felt your heart raced. You felt the owner of the hand's breath. You recognized them. You knew who it was. You removed them from your eyes and turned back. 

 

      "Chanyeol." You saw your best friend, with his derp smile which you love so much. "Happy birthday Sooran-ah!" he said. You felt so happy and you instantly embraced him. "You've grown taller!" You exclaimed while trying to maintain your tiptoed position just to reach the level of his shoulders. 

 

     You then heard a group of boys singing happy birthday. When you looked back, you saw a group of boys entering your house. You thought. They're EXO, Chanyeol's group mates. Their faces are as happy as ever, and two of them were holding heart-shaped cakes. 

 

     "Thank you." You felt overwhelmed as you bowed. Tears started to form on your eyes and you could hardly control them from falling. The boys comforted you. 

 

 

-

 

 

     "Sooran-ah, I'm sorry because..." 


 

     "Just forget it." You glanced at Chanyeol who was with you on the rooftop of your house. He surprised you with a headlock. "I missed you so much." 

 

     "Me too, idiot." You missed teasing him. The thought that he forgot you was gone. Chanyeol isn't that kind of person, you concluded. You know him toowell. 

 

     "What did noona gave to you?" 

 

     "Secret." You held your tongue out and laughed. 

 

     "Tch. If I know, it's another girly thing." 

 

      "Yeah. Only us will understand." Chanyeol looked at you and smiled, "You've become prettier." You flushed, even though you know he's biased when he said that. "Your smile had become creepier as well." You said and laughed real hard. He whined and started to tickle you and you tried not to roll down

 

      This is one of your favorite moments with him. Chanyeol didn’t actually change. He's still the Chanyeol you knew, nonetheless. Well, he was just taller now.

 

 

 

---

 

 

Merry Christmas~ I'm really sorry I did not put much effort (edited photos and everything) lol just.. read the story okay? I hope you like it. It REALLY CAME from my BROKEN yet STILL ALIVE heart. lmao Chanyeol broke my heart but chyeah.. that's what we are. FANGIRLS. ♥♥