Chapter 3

Glass Shards

 

 

“Well this is it, guys!

Micha looks back at six. In front of them was the school building.

After days of hard work and training, it was finally the day it all starts.

“Alright guys! Remember to stay close and-““No, screw that hyung.” Hyuk cuts N off as the boy runs away ahead of them. “I swear, that kid has gotten so brave these days.” Ravi comments. “Its either bravery or recklessness.” Leo sighs. “Yeah, but I guess he’s right. You guys should just go ahead and freely do what you want. But just remember…do not do anything stupid.” Micha shots a glared at them.

She looks back at Leo, Ravi and Ken. “Remember, the names I registered you with are Jung Taekwoon, Kim Wonsik and Lee Jaehwan. If anyone calls you by that name, respond.” “Yes, Micha!”

“Alright then! You guys have fun! Don’t let Micha down! Go out there and make her proud!” N exclaims before kicking them all away. The others grumbled something under their breaths as they all walk off. “And aren’t you going too?” Micha looks at N. “Ehh, I think I’ll just…you know, kinda stick with you for a while.” N laughs nervously as he scratches his head. Micha rolls her eyes. “From all the people, I would never have guessed you were the one who would have social anxiety.””What!? Ahh, don’t say that! I don’t have any anxie-“

“Ah! So you must be one of Micha’s friends.”

N quickly shuts his mouth as his whole body freezes. “Oh hello Chaehee!!” Micha greets. She looks at Hakyeon. “Huh? Oh right…hello.” N stutters. “Ah yes! Hi there! I guess you would’ve have known already but I’m Park Chaehee! Micha’s one and only best friend! It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Chaehee hands out her hand. “Huh?? Oh right! Its nice to meet you too.” N shakes her hand awkwardly. “And you are…” she looks at him.

N freezes yet again. Micha glares at him. “Umm…I’m..uhh…Hakyeon. Yes! That’s right! Cha Hakyeon!” N tries to smile. “Oh, well its nice to meet you, Hakyeon! Oh, gotta go, see you two later. Bye Micha~!” Chaehee greets before running off.

N drops down with a sigh of relieve. “I can’t believe that girl. She doesn’t suspect anything!” Micha says, quite amused by her friend’s naivety. She looks beside her to see N quite shaken. “Okay, come on up, let’s go.” Micha pulls N over to stand up.

The two continued to walk over to school. “Okay, N, stay close to me and-“ Micha looks behind her to see that he was no longer then. She scans around the crowd but there was no sign of him. Micha bites her lips. She needs to find him before he makes a mess out of himself.

“N!? Where are you?? N!??” She calls out but no answers same back to her.

“N!!”

“Who is she calling?”“What kind of name is N??” “Is she calling out for her dog or something?” “That weirdo…”

Micha directly stops herself as voices surround her. She sighs. “Hakyeon!! Hakyeon-ah, where did you go? Cha Hakyeon!” She tries again. The silent mutters around her have disappeared but there was still no sign of the boy. Micha face palms. “Maybe he’s already inside…” She looks up to the school building just a few meters away from her.

“Hakyeon!”

Micha sighs deeply as she could still not find him anywhere. He was not in the classes, the gym or even the cafeteria. “Screw this, I’ll find him at lunc-“ Micha suddenly shuts . Her jaw drops open as she sees the boys in front of her.

They were all walking down the school hallway together. She could see N following up behind them. All around her were gasps and murmurs.

“Are they the new kids?”

“Who’s that guy there? He’s cute…”

“Look at the one in front! Omg, he looks so charming.”

“Who are they?? They seem cool.”

Micha face palms. “Are people actually falling for these idiots.” She sighs deeply. “And didn’t I tell them that there was no need to clump up together all the time?” With that, she directly runs up to them.

 “What are you guys doing??” “Umm…being human?” Hongbin answers. “Come on. You all have different classes. Ravi, you have to go to the gym. Hyuk and Leo, English class. N and Ken, you both have math class. And Hongbin, you follow me, we’ll be having Science.” She orders out as she reads a piece of paper.

“What? We’re not going to be in one class?” N asks out nervously. “Oh don’t worry! You have me!” Ken pulls N’s arm as he heads the opposite direction. The others too disappear. “Are those two going to be okay?” Hongbin asks as he watches Ken drag N down the hallway. “Yeah, I’m sure they’ll be fine.” Micha shrugs. “Come on, let’s go.” She pulls Hongbin by his arm too down another hallway.

 

 

Hongbin looks side to side. It has only been half way through the lesson and he could clearly see Micha fast asleep on her table. The teacher doesn’t seem to notice yet. Hongbin looks around. “What should I do?” he asks himself. “Micha is human…and I have to act human so I guess I should follow her…” He murmurs softly to himself.

He slants downs and rests his head on the table like how Micha did, perfectly copying her. He soon closes his eyes too.

“Lee Hongbin!” “Yes sir!” He directly sits back up. “Please explain about the arterial development of the cardiovascular system to the class.” “The human arterial system originates from the aortic arches and from the dorsal aortae starting from week 4 of human development. The dorsal aortae are initially bilateral and then fuse to form the definitive dorsal aorta.” He explains briefly.

“Wow, he’s so smart!” “He’s not only good looking but smart too!” “Woowww, he’s so cool.” Murmurs surround the class.

Micha bleakly opens her eyes and looks at him. “How did you do that?” she mouthed. Hongbin shrugs. “I’m smart.” He mouths back. “Plus, I’ve read all your books, you told me to, remember?”

Micha stops and looks at him. She was impressed on how quick it took him to read and process all those information. Then again, he’s not human so it shouldn’t be that surprising.

 

 

The day continues on slowly. After what seems like forever, lunch has finally arrived. Micha looks around as she sits on the completely empty table. Everyone was bustling around her and, of course, ignoring her. “Well here’s to another lonely da-“ Micha was cut off by six figures sitting down with her. “Hello Micha.” They all say.

Micha gulps. She has never sat down to eat with so many people before. Mostly when they’re all boys.

Hongbin sits down with a tray of food. He looks uneasily at it. “I saw other people doing it…but I don’t know what to do about it.” He frowns. Micha sighs. They surely know what food was but never before have had they put any of it in their mouths. Dolls don’t eat, do they?

Micha sighs before pushing the tray away. “its okay, you don’t need to eat if you don’t want to.” She smiles. She looks at the others too. They all nodded back.

“So, anyways, how was your day? Though it’s still like half of it.” “1st period we had Maths, right? N kept on moving and shaking. He kept on fidgeting and stuffs and finally when the teacher called him, he nearly fell off his chair.” Ken laughs resulting a glare from N.
“That’s not true! I swear he’s exaggerating on it.” He protests. Micha chuckles to herself before looking at Leo and Hyuk.

“You guys had English for 1st period right? Then…Hyuk, you had History after that and Leo had…Physic, was it? How was it?” “Noona!! English was so cool! A lot of girls came to me and said I looked like a baby! But some of them were even talking in completely other languages!” Hyuk smiles. “But history was boring. Like who cares what happens to some random unknown area 50 years ago!?” “Yaahh! History is not THAT boring!” Hyuk receives a whack from Hongbin.

A few moments of silence. “Okay, fine, I admit…It may be a little boring.” Hongbin murmurs softly. Micha gave him a soft whack before looking at Leo. “its was nice…” he says softly. Micha nods in understanding. “But physic was boring.” “I feel you, dude.”

“Hyuk, you haven’t even started studying physics.”

“Oh right.”

Micha rolls her eyes before looking at Ravi. “Ravi? How was your day so far?” Micha’s voice trails off as she sees Ravi hogging up the food. “NO, NO, DOWN BOY, THOSE FRIES ARE MINE.” Hyuk declares as he tries to push the older one away with his foot.

“Hyukkie~!!”

Hyuk directly stops and looks at a table at the other side of the cafeteria. “Oh! Those are the girls that were talking to me before. Uhh, are they calling me? Why do they need me?” He looks at Micha. “Well then, go on. You should go to them.” Micha smiles. “Ohh…okay. See you, noona!” he walks off.

“Yo! Dude!” Another voice calls out. “Wonsik!!” Ravi looks around him and saw a few boys calling for him. “Oh, I should go, bye Micha!” he waves before running off. “Ahh, I want to hang out with people too! Ahh, what should I do?? Ottokaji…oh I know!” Ken runs off to a completely random table. “Oh…oh right…bye.” Micha waves. Leo stands up. “Micha-ssi. There was a library. It’s so much quieter there. If you need anything, just go find me there.” He informs her with his soft voice before walking off.

Micha looks back at the other two. “You guys aren’t planning to leave me too, right?” “Huh? No, of course no, don’t worry. We won’t leave you.” Hongbin smiles. N nods back in agreement. Micha smiles for a while before pouting again. “it seems you guys are getting on a really good start. Its still the first day and you guys are already having luck with people meanwhile I’m still here all alone. Haha, how ironic. Who knew my socialization skills were worse than a doll’s.”

“Ahh, don’t worry about it.” Hongbin puts an arm around her shoulders and pulls her closer.

“Michaaa!”

“Huh? That voice…whoa, hey!”

N nearly fell out his chair from shock as Chaehee appears randomly at rockets to sit with them. “Oh hi, Chaehee.” Micha grins. “Hello Micha! Oh, and hello Hakyeon.” Chaehee smiles at the boy sitting next to her. “Oh…hello.” N greets back. “Yes! And you are…Hongbin, right?” Chaehee looks over at him. “Yes! I’m Hongbin. You must be Chaehee. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Hongbin shakes her hand. “How did you know it was me?” “Are you kidding? You made quite a stir with some of the girls around here. They’ve been talking about you a lot…oh, and your 4 other friends.” Chaehee explains before pointing out the others.

“What about me?” N looks at her. “Huh? Sorry Hakyeon, the girls don’t really talk about you a lot. Though they did say you were quite good looking but that’s all.” Chaehee shrugs. N pouted. “Better than nothing.” Micha mutters.

“Hehehe, right. Anywaayyss, you two don’t seem so bad. We four should hang out more, it’ll be fun!” Chaehee grins at N and Hongbin. “Sound cool!” Hongbin smiled back. “What do you think, Hakyeon?” “Huh? Oh, I guess that’ll be wonderful.” N shrugs. “Okay! Sounds great to me! Oh, see you guys later! Gotta rush to class!” Chaehee exclaims before running off.

“Where is that girl going in such a hurry?” Micha sighs. “Actually…” Hongbin points over at the clock. “Huh!? Only 5 minutes till’ class starts!? Oh gosh, got to go guys, Byeee!” Micha too runs off. “Umm…what do we do with these?” N looks at the abandoned food trays on the table. “Hmm…I think we should just…you know…leave it here.” Hongbin looks around. “Let’s just go.” “Okay.”

“Now where did Micha go?” N asks as the two ran to the hallways. “I don’t know…anyways, what classes do we have now?” Hongbin sighs. “Ahhh, she didn’t tell us our next schedule and even if she did, I’ve forgotten it.” N cries out. “Will you relax? I think I saw Micha put in the schedule in her locker.” Hongbin tells him. “But it’s locked!” “Nah, don’t worry, I’m sure I can break it open.” “Whaatt?? Are you crazy!?” “Would you rather do that or ask a random teacher?” “Oh right…let’s just break it open.”

“Okay, let’s just hurry before we get late for class.” Hongbin mutters as he stands in front of the locker. “okay, careful now, we don’t want to attract much attent- HEY!” Hakyeon flinched as Hongbin easily broke the lock off and opens the locker. He takes out a piece of paper form inside and looks back at N. “See! Its that simple.” He smiles. “Okay…now go on, read it.” “Let’s see…N, you have chemistry and I have, let’s see…oh right, Economics.” Hongbin reads out.

“Okay, that’s cool but I don’t really know where the chemistry lab is…” N frowns. “Well I don’t know either! Go out there and find it yourself cause this doll ain’t gonna be late to any classes in his first day.” Hongbin kicks N away before running off. “Fine then!” N shouts back before running off to a completely random direction.

 

 

“Well! That was a nice day, wasn’t it?” Micha breathes out as she walks out the school. The sun was already setting causing the school to shine orange.”

“It was fuuunn!! Though people would occasionally give me strange looks…” Ken laughs. “Really? Who gave you the most strange looks?” Micha looks over at him. “Hmm…the teacher I think.” “Why am I not surprised.” Hyuk rolls his eyes.

“Oh right, I came back from class today and found my locker wide open with the lock lying on the floor, broken.” Micha narrows her eyes at them. “Hongbin did it, I had absolutely no participation in it or whatsoever, I was strictly JUST a witness to such horrible crime.” N stated. Hongbin rolls his eyes. “Oh shut up, you agreed on doing it with me.” He sighs before looking back at Micha. “Sorry Micha, we just wanted to see the schedule.” “oh…that’s okay, I forgive you…just try to be less…destructive…from now on.” Micha tries to explain.

“Ahhh, today was much fun! We should do it more often!” Hyuk boasted out. “Hyuk, it’s cool, you’re suppose to come like…5 days a week.” Micha told him. “Ohh…well okay, no problem in that.” He chuckled. “He only likes it since he keeps getting pampered by the girls in his class.” Ken mutters over Micha. “The boringness of class will soon sink into the child…soon…” Ravi also mutters to her.

The seven continue chatting and laughing along as they walk to the bus stop. Well except Leo, all he did was listen to the others and smile at whatever Micha was saying to him.

“Leo, I asked you a question.”

“Huh?? What??”

 

 

“So…they are the new students?” A girl eyes on the six boys from afar. “Yep! Aren’t they so charming, Minji? Ahhh, I wonder if they’re single.” Another girl spazzes beside her. Minji says nothing and continues to eye on them. “One of them joined the sport club today. The kid’s not so bad but he’s just…so-so. What was his name…Wonsik, I think? But he said we could just call him Ravi.” A guy with sunglasses said in the back.

“Who’s that one?” Minji points at one of them. “Hmm? I think that’s Hongbin. Aww, look at him, don’t you think he looks so cool?” A brunette-haired girl exclaims. “Hmm…I guess he does look cool…” Minji murmurs to herself.  “They all look cool…”

“But, why are they always hanging out with my sister?”

“What do you plan to do, Minji?” The other girl’s eyes turned from an innocent kitten into a devilish stare. “Nothing. I shall just continue to watch them from afar for a while…in the mean time, girls!  Keep a close eye on them for me, okay?” “Yes, Minji!” They all replied happily.

“What are you thinking off now, Minji?” The boy behind her asks. “Oh Taejun, no reason to be so suspicious in such short period of time, right?” Minji smirks to herself before simple walking off.

 

------------------------------------------------------

Hey guyss!! :D

New chapter is up!

Oh! And what's this? That's right, we have a new character!

That means that the character list has officially been updated so go on and check!

Yep, it's non other than the charming ulzzang; Park Taejun!

This guy's legit and not an OC so if you have time, make sure to check him out ^~^

Again, i aplogize for any typos or errors *bows*