Chapter 1

Glass Shards

 

Micha walks down the crowded hallway alone.

She eats her lunch alone

And studies in class alone.

It was a day, sadly, her best friend went missing. Chaehee wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Micha suddenly feels a small vibration in her pocket. She takes out her phone to see that she got 1 new message.

“Sick.

Bad case of flu.

Can’t come to school for a few days.

                                               -Chaehee”

 

“As expected.” Micha rolls her eyes. Now that her one and only friend is sick, she had no choice but to spend the whole day…and week, alone. It wasn’t as if she hated it. No, she didn’t mind it at all. She didn’t really mind being alone.

Or did she?

Sure she was independent in herself, and sure she was used to being alone but thre was always this part of her that felt insecure. The school is a dangerous place, now that Chaehee was gone, there was no one that would be able to stand up for Micha nor whom she could talk to. Micha looks at the eyes of the other students, their faces slowly following her wherever she goes.

She was sure it was just a matter of time until someone approaches her and picks on her. She sighs. Her dolls back at home weren’t summoned up for this kind of problem.

Soon, a small group of people surrounds Micha. “Why look over here, poor Micha alone with no one to protect her.” A mean looking girl smirks. Micha could only roll her eyes. “Well, here we go…” she sighs.

Eww, look at you…

What kind of guy would even look at you?

You weirdo, I heard she brings this creepy doll ever where.

Ewww, don’t you even touch me!!!

Micha rolls her eyes, how long will this last? Its seriously wasting her time to even listen to them. But what else can she do? It was as if her feet were glued onto the ground. As if the link between her mind and her legs were somehow disconnected.

In the corner of her eyes, she sees a familiar figure standing across the hallway. Minji took a glance at her before smirking. She walks off with a smile on her face. “Well that was mean…” Micha thought. Though what else was she suppose to expect. After a while, the group of very mean people left her. Relieve swept over her and she quickly runs towards her next class.

Micha spend the rest of her day practically doing nothing and avoiding people. She eats her lunch alone and spends her free time just reading her books or something. She finds it quite relaxing, to be alone. But even still, there was this form of loneliness slowly creeping out to her from the back of her mind. Sure she was okay with being alone for a couple of days, she wouldn’t feel that lonely.

But this loneliness she was experiencing now wasn’t just the average loneliness. It was the kind of loneliness that has been growing inside of her over the years. It seems as if one friend just wasn’t enough. Sure Chaehee was her best friend, but she was young and naïve, there were just some stuffs Micha knows she would just not understand. Some stuffs that her mind would just truly not be able to grasp. Thus, there is just some stuff Micha can’t talk about with Chaehee.

Maybe it was time for Micha to finally break, a time where she finally gets tired of the loneliness and isolations.

Micha could barely open her eyes in class. It was a boring day indeed. Then again, even if Chaehee was there, there wouldn’t be much difference. Micha yawns as she stares blankly at the board. Nothing interesting, she looks back at her notebook.

Micha turns from pages to pages, looking at her random doodles. She wasn’t such an artist like Chaehee. Chaehee was truly amazing in art while Micha was…kind of average, she could say.

Finally she opens up a page with doodles of her dolls, her guardians. She smiles as she looks at it.

Her imagination runs wild as she thinks about them. She wonders what they do when she’s gone. Do they chat with each other? Do they do random stuffs? Micha doubt so. Heck, they’re probably just back at home in their cages, just sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

How boring.

But what if they were all free?

 Wouldn’t it be fun to hang out with them? To have them run around randomly? For them to actually interact with the outside world?

 Micha rolls her eyes thinking on how crazy she was. It was against their rule of existence. They were, in reality, made just for the sole purpose of protecting Micha. But was it possible?

For them to be a little more?

“That’s it!” Micha says softly to herself. Why not just bring them along to school?

At first, Micha thought that she has completely lost her mind but the more she thinks about it, the more irresistible the idea was. It sure sounded fun and interesting…and she could always try to teach them how to interact with people and all those other basics. So…why not just give it a shot?

Micha smiles to herself, imagining on how fun it’ll be. They would be able to accompany her both at home and at school. She could teach them all they need to know, how hard can it possibly be? Not only that but she could also manage to get herself some of the school’s uniforms for them. Chaehee was part of the student council, she can just ask her to get her some when she comes back.

Micha nods to herself. She has got herself a plan. As crazy as it seems, it’s worth the try.

 

After a couple of more hours of pure boredom in class, the bell rings as it was finally time for her to go home. Micha happily skips home, not bothering to go to the dark alleys again. Not because she was scared, but there was just too much commotion there.

Micha remembers what she saw on TV just a couple of days ago.

“The bodies of 4 men has been found in an alleyway just this morning. All of them showing a high amount of fatal injuries including broken bones, internal bleeding and extreme gashes all around their bodies. The police have concluded that it was just another gang fight which is known to be very common at that part of town.”

Micha rolls her eyes and chuckles. Their conclusion was highly pathetic. Gang fights? Micha thought it was just a weak excuse to cover up the fact that they had practically given up on the case due to the lack of evidence, thus, concluding it to a simpler matter to prevent the public to panic.

Anyways, Micha still didn’t want to go to the alleyways. Some police may still be there for a last attempt to find any clues. Plus, it would raise suspicions; what would a teenage girl be doing in place with high interest from a recent murder?

The bus stops and Micha jumps out, running to her little secret hideout. Her step-father doesn’t mind her coming home late. She lied that she had extra lessons and classes after school when in reality, she just goes hang out with her six friends. They wouldn’t play much or anything. Micha usually just tells them about her day and they would listen. They didn’t reply much but Micha was always pleased just by letting out her feelings.

“Guys!” Micha slams the door open as she runs inside. Six of them were, unsurprisingly, still back at where they were the last time she saw them. They all look up and smiles at her. “Hello Micha.” Ken greets.

“Come out here for a second.” She orders. Amazingly, the six walks out as if they weren’t chained down in the first place. “How was school today?” Hongbin asks flatly. They never really did have any emotions when they speak.

“Chaehee is sick. She didn’t come to school today nor will she for a few days.” “Oh.” N relied flatly, she doubts any of them really cared if Chaehee was sick. Heck, the only person they cared about was her. “You were alone again today?” Hongbin asks. “Yeah…all alone with no one to talk to. A lot of the other students saw the chance of me being alone and kept on picking on me.” She pouts. “That’s…mean.” Hongbin pouts as well. “Noona! Let us beat them up for you!” Hyuk offered.

Micha smiles softly to herself. “And why would you want to do that?” she tested. “Umm…I don’t know…I just want to. It feels right.” Hyuk trailed off. Micha chuckles lightly. After that, they all stay quiet and looks at her.

Micha sighs; this was just what she expected. She was getting tired of them being so silent. Heck, all they could do was open their mouths and speak out a few sentences or so. After that, they would directly shut down, as if their mouths too has been stapled closed.

“You know, it’ll be a lot nicer if you guys speak up more.” They all look at her and nodded slightly after a few moments. Micha face palms. “I said… it’ll be a lot nicer if you guys speak up more.” Micha repeats as she rolls her eyes. They all looks confusingly at her. “But Micha…are you sure? I thought you didn’t mind us being so silent.” Hongbin says softly. Micha shakes her head. “From now on, I want you all to speak up more!” she stays sternly.

“Umm…oka-“

“That is an order!”

“Yes, Micha!” they all nodded.

“Well that was easier than I thought.” Micha smiles proudly. “So, what do you guys think of people?” “I hate them all.” Ravi mutters. “We hate them all.” Ken added. “The only human being we like is you.” Hongbin continued. “Actually, you’re the only thing we don’t hate.” Hyuk rolls his eyes. Micha face palms yet again.

“Umm…what do you guys think of my friends at school?”

“Hate them all.”

“Umm…Chaehee?”

“Sure she’s nice and we’re thankful that she’s nice to you but we still don’t really like her.”

“How about my sister.”

“Minji noona? She scares me…”

Micha was not amused by their words at all. “What would you do if you were to meet my friends from school?” “Under your command, we’ll beat them up for you.” Hongbin says sincerely.

“What? Seriously? Wait, actually that does sound quite fu- I mean, no, I won’t allow you guys to do that.” Micha sighs.

“Though I do wonder what you guys would look like wearing the school’s uniform.” Micha smirks lightly. A moment of silence. “I can’t really imagine that.” Ken states. “Yeah me too…wait, you aren’t thinking off.” Hyuk’s eyes widened. “No, Micha, we are NOT going into that thing.” N declares.

“Plleeaassee..” Micha grins. “I used to dress you up all the time when I was still a kid, remember? So why not do it again now?” “She’s right…” Leo says. Everyone looks over at him. “I say we try it, how bad can it be?” Leo shrugs. “Well…I guess it’ll be fun…”Hongbin murmurs.

“Good! I’ll get the shipments next week. Once you all fit into them, you guys are going straight to my school.”

“What.”

 

----------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for a while~ and yes, i did publish chapter 1 before but quickly deleted it and did some major editings. Anyways, enjoy~