Chapter 2

Glass Shards

 

“Well, it was fun hanging out with you guys but oh look at the time to go bye~~” Micha quickly turns around to run away. She feels a hand grab her shoulder and spins her around, Ravi stood right in front of her giving her that ‘wtf did you just say’ look. The others were also staring at her.

“Heh…hi guys…what’s up?” Micha gulps. “Have you completely lost your mind?” N glares at her. “Well maybe I have! Why? Is there something wrong in wanting you guys to come to school with me?” “Yes.”

“Pleaassee, just give it a shot.”

“No.”

“Please~”

“No.”

“Plleeeaassee.”

“NO.”

“Wooaahh, woahh there, let’s just relax shall we?” Ken broke the two up. “Come on, Micha’s right, how bad can it be?” Ken grins. “Really bad.” N pouts. “May I ask why first?” Hongbin looks back at Micha.

“Well, I just…kind of started to feel lonely at school and thought it’ll be fun if you guys came over.” Micha tried to smile. “Still not convincing enough.” N says flatly. Micha sighs. “Well, if you guys came over with me, people would stop being mean to me.” Micha pouted cutely.

“Seems legit enough.” Ken exclaims as he shoves N aside. The others look worriedly at each other. Finally, N sighs. “Fine, we’ll do it.”

“Yes!! Really!? Omg I love you guys so much!!” Micha hugs him. “Noona!! This is going to be so fun!!” Hyuk smiles happily at her. Micha nods back.

“Why do I have a bad feeling about this though…” N rolls his eyes. “Will you just relax?” Ravi looks over at him. “Yeah! Like what’s the worst that can happen?” Hongbin added. N frowns. “Ahh, oppa, can you just cheer up a bit?” Micha frowns as well. After a while, N’s eyes soften as a small smile appears on his face. “Fine then, anything for my Micha-ssi…”

Micha smiles brightly back and hugs him tighter. “Thank you, oppa~” she grins.

“So! Where do we start?” Ken asks excitingly. “Well, I’ll need to teach you guys to act more…umm, ‘human’…oh! And I would also need to take all those ornaments and accessories of you guys.” Micha told him. “Hmm? Why do we need to take these off?” Hongbin asks confusingly. “Yeah, noona! I think we look pretty cool with these on us!” Hyuk adds.

“Okay, lesson number 1, you guys can’t just walk around with all those on you. It looks very inhumane and it will give rise to much suspicion.” Micha explains. “Well, most of the people who sees us do call us…’freaks’.” Hyuk points out. “Yes, ‘freaks’. Means they see you as…monsters. Thus, a lot of people will be scared of you if they see you and it will surely blow your cover. So we need to take…at least most out.” Micha says as she looks at all of them.

“Next you need to be able to talk and interact freely with other people.” Micha brings out her phone. “Umm…what are you doing?” Ken gulps. Micha grins as she starts to dial someone. “Micha!” “Relax, I’m just gonna call Chaehee…then, I need you guys to say something!” Micha smiles. “But-“

“Hello?”

Everyone stayed quiet. A sneeze could be heard from the phone. “Micha? Hey, you got my message right? Yeah, seems like I got a bad case of flu…so, what’s up?” A voice calls out. “hey Chaehee! I got some friends over, want to talk to them?” “Hmm? Friends? Hmm…sure, why not?”

Micha looks back at the others expecting eager smiles to appear on their faces.

Instead she was greeted with desperate looks from the six as they look at each other.

Ravi pushes Ken in front. Ken shakes his head and steps back, pushing N instead. N hits him and jumps back. Hongbin looks over at Hyuk, Hyuk instantly shakes his head and turns back. The six continue to fight over quietly. “Umm…hello? Anyone there?”  Chaehee calls over.

N kicks Hyuk in front. Ken runs away to hide. Ravi was vigorously shaking his head while covering his face. “You do it!” Hongbin mouths to N. “No! You!” N mouths back. They both look at Hyuk. “Hyuk!” “No!”

Micha facepalms and sighs deeply. “This is never going to wor-“

“Hello?”

Everyone stops dead silent and looked at him. Micha’s eyes grew wide

“Leo???”

“Hello. My name is Leo. It’s nice to meet you.” Leo murmurs softly. “Oh, hello Leo. Its nice to meet you too.” Chaehee answers back. Leo looks back at the others with an unimpressed look. They all stood silent. Leo comes over to them and hits them before pushing N to Micha who was holding the phone.

Micha looks at him signaling him to speak. N nods his head shakily. “U-umm…” he looks desperately at Micha. Micha mouths the word ‘hello’. N nods back. “H-hello?”

“Hi.”

“Umm…I’m N-“

A sneeze could be heard from the other end of the line.

“Oh sorry about that, I’m feeling sick today. Anyways, what was that you were saying?”

N bites his lips. “Umm…”

“Move aside!” Hyuk pushes N away. “Noona, let me try to do this.” Hyuk tells Micha softly. Micha nods back. The others were quite shock from the youngest’ sudden bravery. “Hello?” “Hi! Did I hear you say noona? Keke, I never knew Micha had kids as friends.” Chaehee giggles. “I’m not a kid!” Hyuk pouts. “Haha, but you sure do sound like one.” “Yahh!! Stop that!”

Micha chuckles as she listens to the two. She suddenly catches a glimpse of Hongbin looking at her. “Do you want to try?” She asks softly. Hongbin stayed silent for a while before finally nodding back.

He walks over to Hyuk. “Okay, that’s enough.” Hongbin grabs the phone away from Hyuk. “Hey! I wasn’t done yet!” Hyuk protested. Hongbin ignores him. “Hello?” “Oh hello…and who is this?” “I’m…Hongbin.” “Oh hello, Hongbin. You must also be Micha’s friend.” “Ah yes…I’m her friend.” Hongbin smiles softly.

“How close are you with her?” Chaehee suddenly asks. “Hmm? Very close.”

“Very close?”

“Yes. Very very close.”

“How very very close?”

“Umm…well…I know what her favourite drink is. And food. And clothes. And-“

“Wow you do sound quite close to her…hmm, you sound as if you were her boyfriend.”

“Boyfrien-“ Micha quickly covers his mouth and grabs the phone away. “Okay Chaehee! That’s enough. And no, he is not my boyfriend.” Micha sighs before hanging up. “Boyfriend?” Hongbin looks confusingly at her. Obviously not knowing what Chaehee had meant with the term. “Just…ignore her.” Micha tells him before looking back at the others. “Well that was good enough…I guess.” She shrugs.

“Oh which reminds me, N. We need to change your name.”

“What.”

“Umm…we need to kinda…change it.”

“what.”

Micha sighs. “What kind of name is N?” she stated simply. “We need to change that with a more…human name.” Micha tells him. N looks weirdly at her. “But N’s my original name…” “I know, I know, we’re not really going to change it, we’re just going to give you a fake name.” Micha tries to reassure him.

“Let’s see…how about…hmm, wait, let me think.” Micha walks around thinking. “Let’s see…Kim...Jaesoo? How about…Park Kangdae? Jung Taekwoo?” Micha listed down.

“No wait, I know! How about…Cha Hakyeon?”

 “Cha…Hakyeon…?” N repeats after her. Micha smiles and nods back. “Remember it.” “Okay…”

Micha smiles brightly to herself, highly proud of all the progress she made in such a short period of time.

Micha looks back at her phone and started texting Chaehee.

 

‘Hey, Chaehee-ah

I need six new school uniforms.

Average size, for males.

Don’t ask.’

 

----

“And why do you need these?” Chaehee asks.

Micha looks at her friend who was standing in front of her. She smiles to herself.  It has been a few days since she told the six about her plan. They have been responding well and with a little practice, they’ve finally started to get the hang of things…kind of.

“Hmm…something.” Micha replies. Chaehee  signs. “You know I had to get this straight from the principle…doing so, I’ve stumbled on some interesting facts.” Chaehee sits beside her friend. “Hmm? What is it?” “Coincidentally, there will be six new students here. All their data and such were sent by you.” Chaehee eyes on her. Micha giggles.

“Well what else can I say then?”

She was proud of herself for being able to pull it off. She managed to print out all the fake data and everything to full the principle.

“Well, whatever…your life, your business..” Chaehee says before walking off.

There was no time to waste. Micha directly runs home. “Ahh, It’ll take too long to wait for the bus, I’ll just take the taxi.” She thought.

“Do you need help with that?” The taxi driver asks as Micha puts all the belongings into the vehicle. “No, no, it’s okay, I’m good.” She smiles. She sits down and relaxes.

“Have you heard about all the recent crimes these days?” The taxi driver sparks up a conversation. “And what do you mean by that?” “Well, there was a brutal mass murder just around a week ago. Gang fights and stuffs…and now, we have a bank robbery. A security guard was brutally injured, I heard…I’ve forgotten if he was dead or not.” The taxi driver sighs.

“Yes, I have heard about it. Well, Seoul is a well leading city, thus, with such high living costs, these events aren’t quite surprising.” Micha answers calmly.

“I know…I’m just saying that a lady like you should be careful.”

 “Ahh yes, don’t worry, I’ll keep that in mind.”

---------

“Guysss!!!” Micha barges in.

“Oh, you came home quite quickly.” Ken looks over at her. Ravi directly helps her carry all the stuffs she was carrying. “What is this, Micha-ssi?” “Hmm? That? Your new attire.”

N grabs a bag. Inside were some clothes. “Do you want us to wear these now?” “Of course not!  You’ll rip them with all the ornaments on you.” Micha grabs the bag away from him. “Ahh, do we really need to take them off.” Hyuk pouted. “I’m sorry Hyukkie…but don’t worry, these were just for decorations in the first place, right? You guys can still fight and stuff.” Micha told him. “Fiiinnee.” Hyuk sighs.

“Don’t worry though; I won’t take off all of them.” Micha tries to assure him. Hyuk smiled back at her.

“Okay! Who wants to start first?”

The boys each pointed at one another. Micha sighs. “Well, here we go again…”

After much fights and arguments, Micha managed to drag one of them with her. She puts him on a chair in the middle of her room and brings out a rod.

It was long, sleek and slender. Jet black in colour.

“Okay, are you ready?” Micha looks over at Hongbin. She looks over at his arm that was covered in pieces of glass shards.

“Wait.” Hongbin suddenly stops her. “Can you please not take this one off?” he points at one single piece on his left arm. “Huh? Why not?” “Just…you don’t need to.”

“Fine then…just remember to cover it.” Micha finally agrees. “Seriously? Thank you, Micha…” Hongbin smiles gleefully at her. Micha couldn’t understand why he wanted to keep that certain piece on him. Must be something personal, thus, Micha continues on with what she’s doing.

Micha slowly penetrates Hongbin’s skin with the rod. Hongbin’s eye’s directly widened. The doll froze without saying a word. His eyes turned marble white with the exception of a black cross mark in the middle. Micha continues on with removing the shards of broken glass easily out his body. He didn’t resist. He couldn’t even if he wanted to. Why? He was all under the spell of the rod.

“Okay! Almost done!” Micha exclaims as she takes out the last piece. After finishing up, she continues on with carefully taking off his clothes, and replacing them with the uniform. After tidying him up a bit, Micha steps back to take a closer look at her creation. She had to admit, he did look pretty good. He looked…human. But there was something wrong with him.

Micha pulls back out the rod out his skin which magically closed back up to normal showing no sign of anything penetrating it. “Alright Hongbin, it’s done.” Micha says sternly. With that, Hongbin directly blinks with his eyes back to normal.

There, now he looks more human. Micha smiles to herself. “Waahh!! Hyung! You look so...different!” Hyuk exclaims as he runs to him. “Hmm…not bad…” Ravi walks around him as he studies him.

Hongbin looks back at Micha. “So…how do I look?” he tries to smile. Micha smiles back at him. “You look stunning, Hongbin. There’s nothing to worry about.”

She looks back at the other five. “Okay! Who’s up nex-“ She was interrupted by the cries of the five who were once again quarreling with each other. Micha sighs to herself.

“This is going to be one long day.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

hey!! Sorry for the little delay!

And sorry if there's some errors or typos, or if this chapter wasn't really exciting, I was in a hurry to make this.

I'll try to update as much as possible, but i apoligize if it takes long, i kinda also need to focus on my studies T,T

and procrastinating