03

Rupture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] KANG MIN HAE [/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2] Posted on: 02-02-2014 (DDMMYYYY) [/CONTENTID2]
[CONTENTID3]

She stared out into the night sky, basked in serenity. She knew that beyond the walls that kept intruders out, life pumped and the roads were as quiet as a bustling factory. Drivers were going home after a long day at work, to meet their families and spend time with them.

 

She suddenly felt alone again.

 

She thought she would get used to this. This loneliness that she tried so hard to force herself to love. She hadn’t though, and every time that feeling came back, it still felt like something was squeezing her heart tightly.

She blamed herself, as it was indeed her own fault she kept people at bay, too afraid of attachment, too scared to hurt others. She didn’t want others to be upset if she ever left, but in turn, had loneliness hurt her, engulfing her like a cold sheet of snow.

Yes, she has connections. But those people were like her, they preferred to keep their personal matters to themselves.

Min Hae quickly lifted her arm to take a drag of her cigarette and held it in. Slowly, her mind began to clear again and her body stopped trembling. Blowing out perfect smoke rings, she stubbed her cigarette and went back inside the house.

Planning just to read her favourite book of the month before heading out anywhere, she headed towards the kitchen to make herself some hot cocoa. Stirring it, she managed to smile a little as the rich yet delicate smell wafted in the air. With the mug in hand, she picked out the book and walked towards the sofa.

She was about to open the book, when suddenly the song Human by Christina Perri blared from her phone. She leaned towards the table and nabbed her phone. It was an unknown number but she answered it anyway.

“Hello. I’m Kris. A friend of Jin Hyo and the person who accidentally spilled your drink on your jacket. I would to apologise on his behalf. May I make up for your ruined jacket though?” Kris said calmly, expecting a sharp tongue from the said woman.

“How the hell did you get my number? Was it Jin Hyo? I’ll smash her tell her that. And how exactly are you going to make it up to me?” Min Hae fumed as Kris flinched, totally furious that that guy could have her phone number. That’s her privacy not Jin Hyo’s.

“Uh, it’s not her. And, you’ll know it when you meet me later in front of the diner at 11. See you later.” And the line went dead.

‘The cheek of that boy! Ugh!’ She seethed.

 

She decided to go anyway, since she had no plans for the night anyway. And maybe she could get some friends. Real friends.

 

^^^

 

She tapped her feet impatiently. He was late. Late by ten minutes. She whipped her head around, trying to catch a glimpse of him. That little bastard. He couldn’t even come on time!?

“I’m sorry. I know I was late.” Min Hae turned and look up to see a pokerfaced guy.

“Good that you know,” She snapped, as she popped her bubblegum. Kris mumbled a sorry before sending a text message to someone.

Min Hae looked at him expectantly, “Uhh… where on earth are we going?”

Kris looked at her and let out a little puff of air before handing out his hand. Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter