Cheekbones

Here's To The Broken Us

“Hey, watch out!” Baekhyun calls out frantically, his voice somewhat overpowered by the sound of feet slapping against the marble floor at a rapid pace. The addressed boy -Mr Cheekbones as Baekhyun likes to refer to him- steps back quickly, looking slightly bewildered as someone whizzes past him at high speed. He'd barely evaded them, who manages to sprint halfway across the university campus in the time it takes for him to turn his head, leaving nothing but the faint smell of strawberries and vanilla. 

“You should be more careful,” the petite boy says, walking towards the other. Kohl rimmed eyes transformes into crescent moons as Baekhyun shoots him a dazzling smile.

“What was that?” Cheekbones askes, blinking a few times due to the blinding effect the smile had. Baekhyun notes how the corners of the newcomers lips curl up like that of a Cheshire cat's.

'Cheekbones just became Cheshire cat...but then he also seems to remind me of a dinosaur?' 

Chanyeol has been bombarding him reccently with Alice in Wonderland quotes, books and movies. There really is no reason for this new obsession, save for Chanyeol himself thinking he resembles the mad hatter. Baekhyun has decided that there's no point getting hooked on the idea of falling down a rabbit hole and ending up in a strange world because meeting all those messed up creatures won't be any different from hanging out with Chanyeol. The only difference is he has some affection for the younger's weird while Alice was clearly on drugs.

“That,” Baekhyun says, eyes still fixated on the sides of the boy's lips, “was Hye Sun. Be careful next time.” Both men turn their heads and see the girl running towards the school entrance.

“Next time?” he exclaimes. 

“She always takes this route, it's the shortest way to the gates.”

“Everyday?” Baekhyun laughs at the way the other's eyes almost pop out their sockets. His adam's apple bobs up and down as he considers how it would feel to have his life flash before his eyes everyday. It's a little worrying, though, how all that had flashed before him earlier was his tumblr dashboard. 

'I need to get a life,' but Cheekbones decides firmly on not situating his life anywhere near Hye Sun or the boy in front of him who undoubtedly looks like a girl. Or the person behind Baekhyun who looks like he'd been electrocuted. 'Oh my god, is he coming closer?!'

“Every Friday, boy," a sassy remark is all it takes to bring him back into reality. Yep, he definitely isn't spending anymore time with this little diva. 

“My name's Jongdae,” he deadpans, slightly offended by the way he is being addressed. The latter merely rolls his eyes when the oblivious other offers his name too. “Anyway, why does she do that?”

“Every Friday she gets to see her boyfriend. He lives somewhere far away and it's all totally romantic save for the bit where she bowls over everyone in her way as she runs to the bus stop,” Baekhyun respondes, shoving his perfectly manicured fingers deeply into his pockets. “which is weird because she never runs. Like ever.” Jongdae sends the shorter a disturbed look when he starts laughing for no reason.

He's beginning to wonder if revealing his identity to a boy who may or not be a demented stalker was a good idea. His fears only worsen when -yes- the tall, lanky boy with messy brown hair behind them taps on Baekhyun's shoulder, a quadrillion watt smile and a twitching eye blinding both of them. The shorter didn't mind as much as the newcomer, 

“Baekhyunnie!”

Jongdae can sense some kind of sickly sweet embrace or intense make out session coming up so, to avoid any permanent vision damage -not that the smile hadn't already endangered his eyesight-  he turns away. Consequently, his gaze finds the girl from earlier – 'Hye something...'- who was resting against the gate, pulling onto an arm. Her cheeks are flushed and her chest rising and falling rapidly from the sprinting but the look in her eyes is nothing short of joy. 

'Is that her boyfriend?' he asks himself, cocking his head to the side and trying not to take too much notice of the way the two boys behind him were faces. Judging by the way the girl smiles up at the sharp featured face so lovingly, Jongdae can only agree with himself. He is also agreeing on not being more than strangers with Baekhyun and whoever else was friends with him. His eyes narrow -not because of the catcalls the couple behind him were getting for their extreme PDA- as the blonde boy entwines their fingers together and brings them to his lips.

'Funny...the bus stop's in the other direction.'

------

“Are you ready?” he murmurs against her knuckles. His smooth voice makes her stomach do crazy things. Things she'd never admit. Things that shouldn't happen but do. Things she has no control over. But she doesn't know if she would have made them stop if she could. Her phone buzzes in her hand and she hesitates once seeing the caller ID.

'Luhan'

Her smile falters and she blinks a few times, unsure of what to do. She feels the man squeeze her hands, compelling her to look up into twinkling, dark orbs. One smile is all it takes. She hangs up, turns off her phone and returns the gesture.

“Let's go.”  

A/N- I'm sorry this took like 2 months =.= but I hope this chapter was satisfactionary :) 

Please comment, upvote and subscribe <3