Routines

Here's To The Broken Us

"Sehun ah, I bought you food!" Hye Sun announces, bursting into the said boy's apartment and breaking the silence that had fallen over it. Something jolts violently on the couch as she flicks the lights on and laughs, realizing he'd been on the verge of going to sleep. Sehun should have been shocked or at least grumpy at the sudden intrusion but a glint of amusement is evident in his eyes as he watches her kick off a pair wet shoes. She'd stolen his spare key last week -after her fifth visit to the apartment- because, "five is my lucky number." And Sehun found himself not caring. 

Hye Sun had managed to get into the habit of dropping by his apartment -sometimes staying the night- after her weekly dates with Luhan and Sehun found himself waiting for her, almost like a puppy waiting for his master at home. At first she had visited him to make sure he was taking care of himself and eating well, but her motives had changed. Now she just wants to spend time with him who had drifted out her life. Her excuses range from, "I was hungry," to, "It's raining outside. I'm wearing expensive shoes. So no." But today, it's just because she, "wanted to." 

"Isn't it a little too late to just come into my home like that?" Sehun askes, nontheless settling at the kitchen counter and peering eagerly into the plastic bag she'd brought. He doesn't mind at all that she'd decided to crash at his house again for no reason, he enjoys her company. It's better than being stuck in apartment by himself with nothing to do. 

"Sorry I'm later than usual," it was almost 1 in the morning, "Luhan and I were...doing things," she concludes with a faint blush on her cheeks. The look in Sehun's -usually stoic- eyes changes instantly and she doesn't quite catch it. A smile ghosts on her lips, awaiting his reaction as she put a hand in the bag.

"Ok, I lied. It's not food," however; she pulls out two large bubble teas packed with boba and jelly at the bottom. A smile unconciously tugs at the corners of her lips as he instantly beams at her, grabbing the chocolate one and muttering a breif, "thank you," before stabbing a straw through the plastic cover hurriedly.  

Rolling her eyes, Hye Sun realizes how such a rare sight can be triggered by something as simple as a midnight treat of bubble tea. She is so used to his normal expressionless face that his smile always leaves her a little blinded. "What were you doing before I arrived?" she askes, cocking her head while simultaineously attacking her bubble tea with the pointed end of the straw, accidently causing the liquid to leak onto the counter table, "whoops." 

"Nothing much," he shrugs as she pulls out a cloth. It makes him smile one he realizes how weird it is for her to know where everything in his home is, "I was bored out of my mind waiting for you." Not that he really minds. Being the, "kind person," he was, Sehun peirces the plastic for her, in one swift movement without any of the drink spilling like a pro; something you can only do after years and years of practice. "I thought maybe you wouldn't come today. If you didn't I would have wasted all my time." 

"Sorry," she mutters, while gingerly taking a sip of her tea. Sehun quickly finishes his because he knows Hye Sun never finishes all her bubble tea, she only gets it for the boba and jelly and becomes, "bored of the flavour," half way through the drink. And that is how Sehun ends up getting another drink, without the boba and jelly that is, she always finds a way to them all out without having a sip of the drink.

"This happens every time we have bubble tea," Sehun complains while puffing out his cheeks like the brat he is, "you're going to hurt my baby's feelings!" 

"It was 3 for 2!" she informs him from the bathroom. Everyone knows she can never resist offers like that. Sehun freezes, knotting his eyebrows together and frowns. Thank god she isn't there to see the look of childish jealousy crossing his face over something so stupid. 

"Let me guess, you gave the third one to Luhan hyung?" 

"Yup," she says, exiting the bathroom in a clean pair of pyjamas, "he loves bubble tea just as much as you do." 

Mainly due to the fact that visiting Luhan and Sehun on Fridays results in her going home at 3 in the morning, 4/5 times she sleeps over at Sehun's -much to the distaste of Yuhan- and she'd find herself leaving clothes and other things behind. Sehun often jokes that she was, "secretly moving in," and they found that neither of them dislikes the idea. They'd decided to rotate who sleeps on the couch and who occupies the bed so there would be no arguments, but they don't get much sleep anyway. The nights are never planned and most of the times it was thanks to Hye Sun's randomness that they always find something entertaining to do. One night, she'd suggested they had a 'girly night' despite Sehun not even being of that gender. It had ended in fits of laughter, nail polish stains in the couch and stubborn lipstick that had stuck to his lips for almost an entire week. It didn't go down well with his friends. 

It's better like this. They can just play around like kids without having the urge to over react over tiny things because of their hormones like they used to. Previously, it was as if they were walking together, but one just a few steps ahead and out of reach. They could see each other, call out to each other yet were so far apart. Now it seems like -thanks to their new routine- that they are slowly falling back into step with each other.

"So which movie?" Sehun askes, jumping onto the couch.

"I don't mind. Anything but horror movies," her voice drifts from the kitchen. She reaches up, trying to grab her mug -which had somehow miraculously found a place in the boy's top cupboards. Rising on her tip toes and streaching her arms up to the limit, she tries to grap the bright red mug with her name painted on it. She would have succeeded had it not been placed all the way at the back.

"Sehun ah, you did this on purpose!" she bellows, the clicking of ceramics as they accidently bumped into each other makes Sehun flinch, in case she was to break everything. Totally not because he was afraid of Hye Sun hurting herself if that were to happen. As she stretches, her clothes ride up up thighs, revealing a medium sized lovebite on her inner thigh. She can hear the sound of his heavy footsteps as Sehun comes closer and feel his heat radiating onto her back from behind. Her breath hitches at the proximity she feels but can't see.

"Hey, Hye Sun," a hand was suddenly on her inner thigh and she flinches at the touch while her stomach does somersaults. But the hand doesn't move, instead working it's way further inwards until it's touching a certain mark. "Is that a-"

"S-Sehun," her voice is just above a trembling whisper. The boy's hand freezes when he realises what he was doing but his hand lingers there for a few more seconds before being retracted. Hye Sun finds she misses the warmth that came from his calloused hand that had left behind a burning feeling in her flesh.

"Sorry," he mutters. Hye Sun is the first one to make a move, quickly pulling on her shorts so it covers up the mark, he notices and offers her a weak smile. "Did Luhan do that?" She nods shyly, afraid to make eye contact with him. She doesn't know what she's scared of, though. "I see..."

Needless to say, the rest of the night is awkward.

Though they've gotten closer, albeit not like they used to be, they are still unsure of labels. Best friends seem like a bit of a stretch, close friends are questionable and plain aquaintences just isn't enough. Just friends seem ok and they would've settled for that had it not been for the loose strands of desire hanging onto them and complicating everything.

 

A/N- Somewhat like a filler chapter? 

Please comment, subscribe and comment <3