Friday

Here's To The Broken Us

.”

The words can be heard even from the other side of the closed apartment door, echoing around the hallway -through the paper thin walls, into an old lady's house- where Yuhan was currently waiting.

Hurry up!” the latter snaps before checking her snazzy watch one more time. Ah, the perks of having a well paying job. 

The door finally bursts open after what seems like an age, the messy and unladylike state of their shared apartment now opened and revealed to the world. Hye Sun runs out into the dull hallway, her hair sticking up in all different directions. Oblivious to her unkempt state, she tries to look for her keys, almost emptying out all the contents of her bag onto the floor.

"I can't find them! I searched everywhere!" she groans, almost rushing back into her room and turning it upside down in an attempt to uncover where they stupid chuncks of metal were hiding.

It's OK,” the impatient girl next to her says, “I have my keys. Just make sure you're back before I go to work at 10 and you won't have to sleep on the streets tonight.” Yuhan shuts the door and locks it just in case her anxious housemate was to run back inside. "But you could always crash at your boyfriend's place.”

The girl blushes and decides to walk ahead of Yuhan so she wouldn't notice the tint spreading across her cheeks her cheeks.

Today is Friday, the day when she goes over to her boyfriend's apartment to visit after a week long seperation. He lives almost 2 hours away from her, thus making it virtually impossible to meet more regularly on top of their packed schedules. They'd found it difficult to make time for each other after leaving high school, both having to adopt a new routine; texting and calling whenever possible and meeting for dates on Fridays.

Straight after school, she drives over to his apartment and stays with him until late at night, only today would be an exception. Most of the time it's just them fooling around -on the bed- or watching TV while cuddling for hours. He prefers and insists on staying in. They rarely go out, mainly because he can always sneak in a few extra minutes of studying while she's occupied with something else in the apartment. 

Nah, Luhan's roommate is a creep,” Hye Sun says, crinkling her nose in distaste and earning herself a chuckle, “he looks like a steamed bun...Besides, I wouldn't want to burden him, especially since he's studying medicine and has to revise at least 16 hours a day.”

Yeah, you'd distract him in more ways than one,” Yuhan wiggles her eyebrows which results in her becoming the victim of a feeble hit from the embarrassed girl. They've been dating for a little over 2 years, was it illegal to do more than just kissing?

It's certainly hard living -what seemed like- 100 miles away from Luhan, their conflicting schedules aren't much of a help either. Sometimes it feels like he lives on the other side of the country. Fridays are the only times she can come and see him, on the weekends he has work and more lectures on biomedical science or whatever his major was. Luhan is very passionate about his major and hardly ever takes his nose out of his books; save for Fridays, of course.

Hye Sun's grades weren't the best and they certainly weren't up to par with Luhan's, so going to the same university as him when they graduated was clearly out the picture. She chose the only one that was relatively close to his and decided to major in Photography. Yuhan followed her there, claiming she'd always had her heart set on it, but we all know the new Drama major only enrolled there because her best friend did.

"You could always stay at Sehun's," the said girl reminds her almost bitterly, hurrying into the car so the other girl wouldn't notice the scowl on her face. Yuhan still doesn't understand why Hye Sun spends so much time with the blonde haired boy after all the he'd put her through. She'd always thought their relationship was a little suspicious, "you seem to go there a lot more than Luhan's." 

Hye Sun stops in her tracks. Yuhan suddenly wants to take the spiteful words back, but only worries her bottom lip with her teeth as her friend turns to glare at her. The latter's eyes are dark and the atmosphere has suddenly became icy, contrasting the bright and sunny day outside. Hye Sun wonders where people even get the stupid idea that there can ever be something going on between her and Sehun. Nothing scandal worthy has happened between them since that night at Luhan's party; she's planning to keep it that way.

They've gone back to the way they used to be, only this time she' s managed to convince herself her feelings for the apathetic boy was nothing beyond the love of siblings. Only God knows how she did it. They've seen less of each other, probably a result of going to different unis. Though she secretly longs to talk with him and catch up on all the lost time, it isn't something that was plausible. The night is still fresh in her mind and has yet to become water under the bridge. Every time they see each other, the memory would return. Drifting apart was far from it, the situation was more like taking a break from each other. Indefinitely.

“Don't start that all over again,” Hye Sun warns her in a low voice before stomping off in the direction of the bus stop.

 

~~~~~


Warm arms wrap around Luhan's shoulders, a clutter of bracelets grazing the skin of his neck. He smiles when he recognizes the faint strawberry scent radiating off the body and the plain metal bracelet that was forever dangling from her wrist. Dropping his pen and turning away from his study notes sprawled across his desk, his doe eyes shine with delight. 

"Hey, don't overwork yourself," she mutters softly, worry evident in her voice. The sweet words -though overused- overflows with sincerity and Luhan resists the urge to just pin her down on the floor and kiss her until they both ran out of oxygen. Who needs it when he has her? He opens his arms widely and welcomes her into his embrace, his cute grin making the girl's heart skip a beat as she proceeds to sit on his lap.

"I'm fine, Hye Sun," he assures her, a tsunami of feelings surging within him as he snakes his arms around her waist, "nothing every other doctor-to-be isn't going through." 

"Yeah, but not all other doctor-to-bes have girlfriends like me to worry about them," she retorts, gently prying the thick framed glasses off his face, trying to ignore the rapid beating of her heart caused by the proximity. She wonders if he actually needs them or if he only wore them as a fashion statement. But on thing was for certain; he looked as y as .

"You're right," soft hands ran their fingers through her silky hair, a face nuzzles into the soft flesh of her neck, "not all doctor-to-bes have girlfriends who are willing to wait around for them.” The fingers froze in mid-air as the strands of hair fell away, like the remaining seams of their relationship falling apart. Well, at least that's what Luhan thought of it as. “I'm sorry if you ever feel neglected."

Hye Sun suddenly straightens up and looked down at him with wide eyes. She examines him carefully, searching for some tell tale sign that this was a joke, but found none. 

"Oppa, I don't feel neglected!" she insists, trying to think back to when she could have ever made him think that way. He only stares back with shining eyes, looking up at her as if trying to savour the sight. The way he gazes at her makes her heart feel heavier, but her tongue is caught in . Bringing a hand to rest on his cheek, she tries to convey the frustrating feelings inside her which she struggles to express in amazing, poetic and sweet words like the ones in fiction. She was never good at stringing together heartfelt and inspirational sentences that sounded like something out of a romance novel. 

"If this is because we only see each other once a week then forget about it, I could never be anything less than content with you." The smile she receives made her heart flutter, sighing in content that her words did not come out as awkward and stupid as she'd imagined. Biting her lips as he inched closer, she decides to end with, “in fact it just makes Fridays a whole lot more special." And with that, she lowers her head down and presss their lips gently together, kissing away all his worries.

He responds eagerly, smiling into the kiss as she got up, letting him lead her into the bedroom hastily. They hadn't done anything this intimate for almost 2 weeks and it was more than long enough for the two, young people who ravish each other hungrily with kisses. They didn't stop until the last peices of clothing had been thrown onto the floor. He hovers above her, sparkling doe eyes diving into her very soul as he drifts his gaze over every inch of her body. With a small smile, he leans forward and kisses her sweetly on her forehead before proceeding with the task at hand. He wants to know she wants him just as much as he wants her. He wanted to know this indescribable, head-over-heels-in-love feeling was mutual.

The truth was, she is perfectly content with him. Just content. But from a onlookers point, some would say 'content' was never good enough. It was slight understandable, it had almost been 3 years since they started dating, surely the honeymoon period was over by now? Isn't this the way it was meant to be? She'd almost forgotten what it felt like not to be so preocupied with thoughts of Luhan, what it felt like not to be held in his arms. He'd just taken over her life so much she could never imagine what it would be like without him. To other people their relationship may not seem satisfying, but she wouldn't have had it any other way. 

 

~~~~~

 

"," Hye Sun exclaims with a gasp. The sappy movie that the broadcasting station had decided to air that night was still going on in the background as she jumps off the couch, out of Luhan's warm embrace. She pulls her coat around her, covering the pair of shorts and large t-shirt she'd borrowed from Luhan after her shower. "It's 11. I have to go," her voice sounds regretful and her boyfriend's sad smile only reflects her feelings on the abruptness of their parting. Another date has gone by, time flying by until finally they were to wait a full week before being able to touch and see each other again.

"See you next week..." he whispers, leaning in to kiss her one last time. His heart lurches with sorrow when their lips touched.

"Next week..." she repeats as their lips mould together. She then tries to savour the kiss, but it would never be enough. Not even a whole evening of would be enough. Though he is near and within an arms reach, she still feels empty. Her heart still skip beats and race, tsunamis of butterflies still invade her personal space...but it wouldn't change the vacanct void inside her. She doesn't know what this rift is that she felt between them, but it's terribly depressing. It only feels real when they part, lungs having begged for oxygen, and the bitterness of acknowledging the parting came. A week was 7 days too long.

It was only after the mind blowing kiss ends and the goodbyes and promises of next week are exchanged, after she leaves the apartment complex, out into the pouring rain and after she face palms and groans, that she realized her mistake.

"Just make sure you're back before 10."

She doesn't have her keys. Yuhan is at work. She is an idiot.

“Dammit,” Hye Sun mutters, beginning to rummage through her bag.

She can't go back to Luhan's place, he'd informed her of the huge test he was going to take the following day and had vowed to revise like crazy after she'd left. All her other friends live too far away from the area. There was only one option. With a sigh of defeat, she brings out her hand phone and dials a number she'd remembered off by heart.

They pick up within two tones.

"Hello?" a deep, masculine voice answers.

"Sehun, I need your help."

 

A/N- First chapter ^^ Formatting is ing annoying so this took a while to post lol

Please comment, vote and subscribe <3