Hello and Goodbye

Make you fall inlove with me again

“Umma! Can I play outside?” Little Chanyeol asked with enthusiasm. His mother stopped chopping and sighed.

“Didn’t y“ou ask me that already?” she chided gently. Chanyeol nodded happily. She couldn’t help but smile at her son’s enthusiasm.

“..Fine, but everywhere else other than the park is off limits okay?”  Mrs.Park patted Chanyeol’s head gently and resumed her chopping and the little Yoda shrieked a ‘YESSS!’ and ran outside.

Chanyeol was still amazed on how the neighborhood was so white even though it’s still December. He happily kicked some snow on the way to keep him entertained. He arrived at the park 10 minutes later to see… nothing. Even though he’s alone in the park didn’t dampen his mood but seeing that the said park was left in ruins did. Chanyeol always asked his parents or sister why did the park closed down. They would only look at him in sadness and say “You’re still young, you don’t need to know that.” And leave him even more curios.

“On the fifth day of Christmas my true love came to me, five golden rings..” he suddenly heard a soft singing voice coming from the slides. He silently came closer and screamed ‘Yahh!’ which earned him a beautiful ‘Ahhhh!’.

“Hahaha! Did you see your face? It was priceless!” Chanyeol was now laughing like a retard because the said face of his victim was soo funny. The said victim only scoffed and turned his back from Chanyeol.

“You’re a meanie. A BIG meanie!” the stranger cutely whined on which Chanyeol laughed at more.

“Ahahaha…. I’m sorry.” He apologized after minutes of laughing. He dusted himself and let out a hand.

“Hi! I’m Park Chanyeol, what yours?” he cheerily said as the stranger stared at his outstretch hand like it was alien to him.

“…” the stranger looked very confused at Chanyeol’s hand.

“What? Don’t tell me you never seen a hand before.” He joked

“No you moron… it just that… why do you stretch it towards me?” the stranger’ face filled with genuine confusion. Chanyeol was taken aback. Was he dreaming? Or…

“Don’t you know what a handshake is?” Chanyeol asked carefully and the other boy slowly nodded.

“What is a… ‘handshake’?” the boy asked as he poked Chanyeol’s hand cautiously.

“This…. Is a handshake.” Chanyeol grabbed the boy’s hand and slipped it into his outstretched one and shook them together. He smiled confidently and squeezed to other boy’s hand to snap him in his trance.

“So.. that’s a handshake.” The boy smiled softly as he pulled his hand and touched it gently.

“It’s so warm..”

“Well… what’s your name?” Chanyeol asked again. The boy looked up and smiled a rectangular smile and said:

“My name is Byun Beakhyun!”

“Beakhyun? Yay I’m friends with Beakhyun now!” Chanyeol hugged Beakhyun who stiffened.

“Huh? Don’t tell me you don’t know hugs too!” he received a hesitant shake on the head.

“Well then! I should teach you about life! Come thee lowly human, follow me!” Chanyeol  grabbed Beakhyun’s hands again and ran towards the swing. He was so soo sure that today will be the best day of his entire life. Little did he know it’ll be his last for so many years as well.

They played with all the rides in the park, build a snowman, make snow angels and laugh together all day. When it was time for Chanyeol to return home he quickly pleaded his parents to take one picture of him and Beakhyun. Seeing their son so sad at leaving his friend, they complied without a fight. After the picture was taken his parents, mostly his mom, was busy cooing at the photo that they missed the little conversation the two boys had.

“Guess.. this is goodbye then.” Beakhyun sadly lowered his head to blocked away Chanyeol’s face so his tears won’t fall.

“No! We’ll meet again and I promise that!” Chanyeol didn’t bother to hide his snot-filled face. When Beakhyun looked up, he smiled and let out his pinky.

“Pinky promise?”

“Pinky promise!”

Before anyone could react, Beakhyun softly kissed Chanyeol on the lips. Chanyeol froze but softly returned the kiss. When they break the kiss, Beakhyun let the tears flow down to his face. Chanyeol’s parents asked if Beakhyun wants to go and wait at their house but Beakyun said no much to Chanyeol’s sadness.

After the Park family went home, Chanyeol quickly asked if he could come to the park tomorrow and was delighted when his parents said yes. He was so excited that he didn’t get much sleep. The first thing Chanyeol did after waking up was ate his breakfast and ran towards the park.  When he reached the park, it was empty like yesterday but now it seems… emptier. He looked around for Beakhyun but no luck, he couldn’t find his crush. He decided to look under the slide where he first saw Beakhyun and he found a letter. He carefully picked it up and read the contents. The letter said:

“Dear Park Chanyeol,

                Yesterday was the day my life was complete and my reason was because I met you. You showed me things no one ever showed me. I was the happiest person when you told me how to build a snowman, about your life in this ‘school’, but most of all because you treated me like I’m a normal person. You treated me like I’m your equal and that alone is enough for me to feel wonderful things around you. When you told me what ‘kiss’ is I was so excited to give you one until I realized we might never see each other again so I gave you one not knowing you will return it. Thank you for making me happy even if it was just a day. I’ll miss you.

                                                                                                                                                                Sincerely,

                                                                                                                                                                Byun Beakhyun”

When Chanyeol thought yesterday was the day the world ended, he was wrong. The world didn’t end yesterday, it ended today.


A/N: Huhuhuhu... i feel like I violated innocent children when I wrote the kissing scene. It makes me feel like I'm some e or something... TTnTT.