TWENTY SIX

August Rain

 

 


Suho walked out from a restaurant along with a fine man in glasses and neat suit while talking with him in serious manner; Chen was trailing behind him. The man stopped talking and turned to them, offering his hand to be shaken by the CEO, in which Suho accepted as a smile bloomed on his lips.

 

“It’s very pleasant to meet you, Mr. Kim. I hope everything will go well for both of us.”

 

“I hope as well, Secretary Jang,” Suho replied.

 

“See you tomorrow then.” The man released Suho’s hand and turned to Chen, giving him a polite nod that Chen replied in the same manner. He then turned and went away.

 

Suho only looked upon him until the man entered his car and left. His smile quickly dropped after it and he heaved.

 

“It went better than I’ve thought before.” Chen said, making the older guy turned to him. “I guess making a deal with them is easier than making deals with Kris.”

 

Suho only rolled his eyes to the unnecessary comment of his colleague, then handed the folder that he had brought for a while to the younger guy. “Keep this and be sure to make a copy of it. We will be needing it for tomorrow.”

 

Knowing the importance of the folder, Chen accepted the folder. “Okay, boss.” A frown formed on his forehead as he saw the CEO ing his suit and loosening his tie. “Are you going somewhere?”

 

“Yeah.” Suho turned to him. “I’m going back home.”

 

Chen took a quick look on his watch. “You do know that it’s still 4PM, right?”

 

Suho only nodded to the words. “I know but my work is done for today and I’ve told Ling that I will come back early.”

 

A snort came from the younger guy and followed by a smirk. “Do you realize that you sound like a married man lately?” Chen said, causing Suho to widely smile.

 

The latter only nodded and replied, “Yeah, I do realize it. But somehow…” Suho shrugged and continued, “I like the feeling.” He smiled and patted Chen’s arm. “Come on. I’ll drop you at the office.” He then left with light steps toward his car while Chen only scoffed in amusement, thinking that another one of his friends had been falling to the trap that he called ‘committed to love’ in which he didn’t know whether to be happy for him or to be pity, before following the CEO to the car.

 

“By the way, Suho.” Chen opened up a conversation when the car already hit the road; a mischievous upward tug appeared on a corner of his lips. “Do you know that our female staffs are selecting you as their favorite now.”

 

Suho scoffed to hear it. “Since when do we have a popularity poll for the bosses amongst the female employees?”

 

Chen only smiled, ignoring the question completely. “Well, it’s not an official poll though. But the guys were debating that it might be caused by your appearance lately.”

 

Intrigued by the words, Suho raised his position a little bit. “What’s with my appearance?”

 

“Do you realize that you look more…” Chen paused, thinking about the accurate word to describe Suho lately. He then shrugged and continued, “…attractive and fresh lately?”

 

Smiling, Suho took a quick glance at Chen; he couldn’t keep his eyes away from the road for long. “So our female employees find me attractive and fresh lately?”

 

Nodding, Chen added, “Not really lately. But ever since Ling takes days off from the office, you look more attractive.” And his speech wasn’t stop on that. He leaned a little toward the CEO. “So tell me, Suho.” He smiled flirtatiously at the guy. “Have you finally managed to hit the score?”

 

Understanding perfectly what the question meant, Suho whipped his gaze to the guy. “What?” And Chen was lucky that Suho didn’t suddenly hit the brake because Suho swore that he really wanted to slam the guy’s head to the window somehow. “What do you mean by that?”

 

“Oh, do you really need me to explain in detail?” Chen offered but Suho already gave him the palm. “No need.” He then heaved. “Seriously, why are you all thinking that I’ll be having with Ling when she’s staying with me?”

 

“Well, we’re guys.” Chen sat back on his seat. “We need to satisfy our needs.” Another mischievous smile came to his face. “And having is one of them.”

 

Suho only heaved and shook his head in disagreement. “Not now, Jongdae. I don’t want to treat Ling that way. She’s special. And I don’t even sure whether now I can lose her or not.”

 

Chen only snorted to hear the words. “Finally, Kim Joonmyeon finds someone who could set him straight. I just hope you don’t become insane because of it.” He then pulled out his phone from his pocket. Suho frowned, seeing him dialing someone’s number. “What are you doing?”

 

“Calling Chanyeol,” there came the relaxed reply. “He owes me his private jet.” He then pressed the earphone to his ear and looked at Suho with a triumph smile. “Because we’re betting whether Ling would lose her ity to you this time or not.”

 

And Suho really wanted to bang his own head to the steering wheel.

 


 

Suho turned his car into a driveway and stopped in front of a house. The house didn’t look as big and fancy as his parent’s house downtown. But it looked nice, neat and cozy. Lately, Suho always felt warm whenever he saw the house. He wondered why…

 

He first saw the house when he was driving around with Hyejin after spending their holiday together years ago. He had stopped his car because Hyejin took an interest on the house. The girl told him that the house was her dream house. So, before their second anniversary, Suho bought the house, decorating it, and eventually proposed her in front of it. But the day afterward they had argument and the accident happened.

 

And after her death, he abandoned the house just like that.

 

At first, he was considering to sell the house. Only by her mother’s suggestion, he finally decided to keep it. For years while working at Wu Enterprise, Suho used the house as his secret vacation house, where he could stay away from his colleagues or the business world and be alone. Therefore, Suho promised himself that none of his friend would know about the place. And now, he broke his own promise and let a certain girl staying on the house.

 

Yeap, Suho decided to take Ling to the house and kept her hidden there until everything settled. And perhaps, it was the reason why he felt warm whenever he saw the house. Because Ling is there, waiting for him back.

 

Suho let out a gentle smile and shut off the engine before unbuckled his seatbelt and got off from the car with a plastic full of food ingredients.

 

Arriving at the doorstep of his house, he pressed the code numbers and the door chirped as he entered the right combination. Suho opened the door and entered. As he entered and closed the door behind him, he noticed a pair of woman shoes. It made him frowning since he knew that neither he nor Ling expected any visitors.

 

But naively, Suho thought that it might be one of the neighbor.

 

So he just took off his shoes and stepped further inside.

 

Then familiar laugh from a woman rang through the place. Suho felt that his heart stopped for a second; it then raced in fear. He paced up his step and arrived at the inner room.

 

Just as he had thought before, two women sat at the bar’s stools of the kitchen’s counter, laughing. One younger woman was his girlfriend while the other one was much older. But her presence alone was enough to make Suho’s heart dropped.

 

“Mom?”

 

Mrs. Kim turned as she heard her son’s voice. Her face brightened. “Ah, Joonmyeon. You’ve back.”

 

“W-what are you doing here?” Suho asked, suddenly feeling nervous as he saw his girlfriend hopping off the bar stool in calm manner and went to the kitchen to refill the drinking jar.

 

His mother smiled and replied in calm manner, “I was checking your condo to see if there anything that you need. But your housekeeper told me that you’re not there for few days. So I thought that you’d be staying here.”

 

“Ah…” Suho mentally facepalmed. He was definitely forgetting that there was one person who knew about the house. And that person was his mother.

 

But seeing her there, Suho felt as if he was struck by heart attack. Suddenly he felt panicking. His mind was working frantically on finding perfect explanations about everything. For sure, he would need to explain why his secretary was there at his place, especially in her homely clothes. Surely, his mother could guess about his life. But he swore that the last thing of his wish-list right now was to have his mother thinking that Ling was just like the other girls.

 

His thought then broke with a sound of clearing throat. He whipped his gaze and saw his mother taking her bag. “Since Joonmyeon is already here,” she slid down from the high stool, taking the bag that filled with food containers before looking at Ling, “I think I’d better leave, Miss Lu.”

 

“Eh?” Ling seemed to utterly surprise with a hint of disappointment on her face. She put down the jar and approached the older lady. “But it’s almost evening. Why don’t you stay for dinner, Mrs. Kim?”

 

“Probably next time. I was originally only wanted to give Joonmyeon the food supply and cleaning the house a bit. But since you’re here,” she shrugged, “perhaps I don’t have to worry anymore. Besides, I have a husband that I need to take care of at home. So I can’t stay long.”

 

To Suho’s surprise, his mother leaned closer to Ling with a playful look.

 

“Joonmyeon’s father is a picky eater, you know. And he’s kinda fuzzy with the maid’s cooking at home.” She joked and made Ling to giggle in polite manner while Suho only stood and frowned, thinking since when his girlfriend and his mother started to get along.

 

“But let’s meet again some times. And let me give a taste of your cooking by then.”

 

Ling’s giggles turned into a soft and gentle smile. “Alright, Mrs. Kim.”

 

“It’s nice meeting you, Miss Lu. I really enjoy my time with you.” His mother then reached out her hand and placed it on Ling’s arm, giving her a gentle motherly smile. “See you again.”

 

Ling only bowed politely. Mrs. Kim patted her hand gently then turned to Suho. “I’ll be going now, Joonmyeon. I’m lucky that I’m able to see you before I got home. Don’t forget to call sometimes.” She then walked toward the door.

 

Suho watched over his mother for a while then turned to Ling, wanting to ask why his mother was there. But the girl already frowned and signaled him to come after his mother and accompany her outside. He grinned. “Right.” He then turned and went after his mother to help her bringing the food containers’ bag.

 

When they had reached the porch, Suho started to speak. “Sorry about Miss Lu, Mom. I let her staying here for few days because something comes up.”

 

His mother waved her hand. “It’s fine. I have fun talking with her while waiting for you. I’m just surprised that the passcode has changed and she suddenly opened up the door.” She turned to look at the front door. “She looks decent and very well-manner. Her parents must have brought her up so well before the Lu family adopted her.”

 

Upward tugs appeared on Suho’s lips. He couldn’t help but to smile proudly to hear his mother praising his girlfriend.

 

She turned back to Suho, causing the latter to press his lips thin to hide his smile. “And you, try to do the right thing this time. I don’t want to hear you breaking up because of silly reason or to catch you sleeping with random girl again like that time.”

 

“Ugh, Mom.” Suho groaned as he recalled the time when his mother suddenly showed up at his condo in early morning when he slept with a girl that he met at the bar the night before.

 

It had caused him to panic and try to hide the girl, since… yeah… although his mother might realize that he was a young man with active hormones, he still didn’t wanted his mother to know about his life; he’d rather wanted her to look at him as a good son. So, you could guess that his mother would be lecturing him after the girl left. Afterward, Suho had learned his lesson and never brought any girl to his condo for (and you could insert a smirk here).

 

Mrs. Kim only chuckled to hear her son’s groan then patted his arm. “It’s good if you understand.” She turned and walked toward the car with her son. “Just be nice with her. A very decent girl like her is very hard to find.”

 

“And you won’t be running a check on her background, like what the other mothers did for their sons?”

 

Her son’s playful question made her to look at him in quizzically look. “What for? Did I also check on Hyejin’s background when you dated her?”

 

Suho smiled to hear it, perfectly knowing that his mother would never run a background check on any of her girlfriend.

 

“Joonmyeon, you are a fine grown-up man and I’ve raised you to be a wise one. So I do believe that you’re wise enough with your choice.”

 

“Even if Ling’s parents are not like everyone thought?”

 

His mother scoffed. “Even if she’s poor, so what? No child can pick which couple to become their parents on their own. Besides, before I met your father, I was only a mere teacher. And my father, your grandfather, was only a poor fisherman.” Mrs. Kim took a breath and continued. “I’ve seen her and talked with her. It’s enough for me to know that she’s a kind, honest girl, hard-working and a respectful one.” She smiled gently. “And the most important one, I can see that she was raised by a good mother as well as a fine and loving father.”

 

Suho felt a little bit touched because of his mother’s words. Somehow, it meant a lot for him. He rounded his arm across her shoulders and hugged her. “Thanks, Mom.”

 

Mrs. Kim smiled then turned her gaze at him to let herself off from her son’s arm. “And if your father is against her, I’ll talk with him and make sure that he will agree.”

 

Suho laughed lightly to hear it. He was sure that even his father wouldn’t dare to go against his mother. “Yeah, yeah. I don’t think Dad will ever dare to go against you.” He said as he opened the car door for his mother.

 

Mrs. Kim raised her hand and cupped Suho’s cheek. “Just make this one right, Joonmyeon. Be good to her. You will have my support.”

 

Suho looked at his mother for a while. He felt blessed to have a loving and wise mother like her. Perhaps, her kindness was the reason of why he always wanted to do his best for her. “Thank you very much, Mom.” His mother only smiled and gave a peek on his cheek before entering the car and Suho closed the door.

 

Mrs. Kim opened the window to talk with him. “Send my regard to Miss Lu. And make sure that you visit our house with her next time.”

 

Suho only smiled to hear it. “I’ll try to ask her about that. But I won’t promise that she will come anytime soon.”

 

“Then ask harder.” Mrs. Kim said as her son pushed himself away from the car. “I will.”

 

“See you, Joonmyeon. Don’t forget to call.”

 

And the car drove away. Suho waved and looked at the car until it turned at the cross-road. He heaved and went back to the house. When he went back inside, he saw Ling washing the dishes at the kitchen. She lifted her gaze and gave him a welcoming smile.

 

“How is it?” she asked as she closed the water tap and dried her hands. Suho approached the kitchen counter and put his arms on the surface. “Mom just left.”

 

She smiled again. “Your mother looks nice.”

 

It made Suho smiled to hear her praising his mother. “Yeah, she’s nice. And she’s the wisest woman that I ever know.”

 

Ling’s smile became wider. She then looked up to the clock and back to Suho. “Your mother brought your favorite food. Do you want me to prepare it for dinner?” Suho nodded. “Okay.”

 

A smile bloomed on Ling’s face as she heard the reply. She turned and started the preparation.

 

Suho watched her while she worked. He was relieved to know that his mother was supporting his relationship with Ling. Honestly, his mother’s opinion was quietly important for him and he didn’t want his mother to hate the girl that he had chosen either.

 

But then, Suho’s mind went back to his meeting with Edward Park, or more specifically, to the papers that the man had left on his table. Just like Chen said, that papers would turn everything around. Now, he was thinking what would become of them if everything fell back to its place.

 

And

 

He turned his gaze to the girl who had busied herself at the kitchen.

 

will Ling be happy with it?

 

“Ling…”

 

The girl turned her gaze at him. “Hmm?”

 

“If ever your father comes to you, asking you to stay with him, appointing you as his heiress and giving you all his fortune, what will you do?”

 

Ling fell silent for a moment, giving the matter a deeply thought. Then, a gentle smile came to her face and she looked back at Suho. “I think I will only stop at staying with my dad and refuse the rest.”

 

The honest and innocent reply caught Suho off-guard. He was amazed on how easy and confident Ling was to reply his question. “Why?”

 

“Ever since Mama brought me out from our house at Jeju, I always dreamed to stay with Dad again. So I don’t really care about everything else as long as I could be with him.” She gently bit her lower lip as a smile formed on her lips. “But ever since my birthday, he has been calling me regularly to check upon me. So I know that he still cares about me and has never abandoned me, not even once.”

 

She then turned at Suho. “So right now, I don’t really need his fortune or wealth. I have satisfied with everything that I have. I have a great family back in Beijing, a good job at the Wu Enterprise so I can afford to buy my own needs.” She propped her chin and looked at Suho while smiling. “And I also have a good boyfriend that I can to lean on. So what do I need more?”

 

A smile came to Suho’s face. “Yeah, you are right.” But suddenly, he felt the urge to embrace the girl.

 

So he hopped down the stool and approached the girl. He rounded his arms around her, giving her kisses on her shoulder and her nape. “But you know that you’re way too kind, don’t you?” The girl only chuckled to his behavior and tried to stop him by tilting her head. “Yah, Joonmyeon, it tickles.” Suho turned her body so she faced him. “What? You don’t like it?”

 

“Well… I didn’t say that I dislike it.” She lowered her gaze and pursed her lips. “But I don’t think that I’m ready for what will come next.”

 

Somehow Suho tempted to a little. He leaned closer, bringing his face to hers. “Then, what that will come next?” The question made the girl blushing and hung her head lower.

 

The innocent reaction made Suho to laugh. He moved away and patted her head. “Okay. Let’s save that one for later.”

 

The girl nodded. But Suho didn’t want to let her away just like that. He gave a light kiss on her lips, surprising her with his sudden act. “I love you. And I don’t really care if you’re a Lu or Park.”

 

Ling smiled then rounded her arms around his neck and returned the kiss with another kiss. “And I love you too, Kim Joonmyeon.”

 

 


 

 

Friday morning, Madam Park opened her eyes, finding herself on her own bedroom. It was very rare for her to wake up in the morning and feel so fresh. She was thinking that it was perhaps because she had a very good sleep last night. She drew aside her blanket and got off from her bed.

 

She then approached her dresser and checked her face. Good, she thought. There were no dark circles under her eyes and her morning face looked so fresh. Perhaps, the facial treatment that she had yesterday from a well-known beauty clinic had finally given out an effect. Now, she could finally prepare herself.

 

Well, there was a reason why she so worked up this morning.

 

It was because today was an important day.

 

There would be a stock-holder meeting in JYJ Enterprise building later in the late afternoon. Every stock-holders of the company would come. Of course, all the family members would be present too because she, her husband and their two sons were also listed as the company’s stock-holders.

 

But Madam Park had been looking forward for this meeting especially; because her husband had told her that he would announce an important change on the company.

 

It had been rumored for months that Mr. Park would be handing his role as the Executive Chairman to his oldest son, Park Yoochun. He had also mentioned the matter on the family dinner last night. So Madam Park thought that it was true if Mr. Park had been thinking about his resignation.

 

And with Park Yoochun becoming the company’s Executive Chairman, Madam Park had finally achieved her long ambition to get the highest position at the company.

 

For long, it had become Madam Park’s ambition to achieve the highest position amongst the business world where no one would underestimate her. Therefore, she worked very hard to build a strong base for the company’s business, get reliable stockholders, eliminating every obstacle in order to make the company to be the second biggest company across the country and world-wide. She practically did everything she could to build the company.

 

And after more than 25 years, she finally managed achieving her dream through her son. So she couldn’t wait to see her husband’s resignation on today’s stockholders meeting.

 

It might sound cruel for her husband. But for Madam Park, her husband, Park Junghwan, was nothing but a useless husband. He might be capable and smart enough to run a big company, like the JYJ Enterprise. But he was also a timid and weak guy. He was not even complained when Madam Park kicked his mistress and daughter out of the country.

 

So, after getting herself the best dress and fixing herself at the best hair salon, she was finally riding the family’s car toward the company; her husband’s secretary was driving the car.

 

“Secretary Jang.” She called the male secretary, making him to look at her through the rear mirror. “Has my husband prepared himself as well?”

 

“Yes, Madam. It was Mr. Park himself who asked me to pick you up.”

 

A corner of her lips curled up in arrogant way. “Good then.”

 

Finally, the car arrived at front of JYJ building. Madam Park could see that a line of staffs had been waiting for her at the lobby. That’s good, she noted and felt satisfy with it. One of the staffs who had waited opened the door and helped her out. She exited the car and entered the building. She could also see that Yoochun was welcoming her.

 

“Mother.” Her son greeted as she approached. Madam Park looked around, realizing an absence of a certain person. She looked back to Yoochun. “Where’s your father?”

 

“Father is at his office, reviewing his speech. But he told me to accompany you to the ballroom because all the guests are already there. He will join us later.”

 

Madam Park only nodded. “Alright. Let’s go to the ballroom.” She rounded her hand on her son’s arm and walked to the grand ballroom with him.

 

When she arrived at the grand ballroom, the place had been filled by stockholders and investors. Madam Park took the opportunity to greet the stockholders and investors that she knew. After a while, her eyes fell to a specific young man at the room and she wondered why he was there.

 

“Yoohwan.” She called out for her second son who was accompanied her, replacing his older brother who went to greet another investor. “What is Mr. Kim Jongdae doing here?”

 

Yoohwan looked at the said guy and back to his mother. “Well, the KIMs Co. has become our stockholder for two years so Kim Jongdae is here for representing them.”

 

Madam Park’s gaze went back to the said guy, staring at him for a moment suspiciously. Lately, she had known that her husband’s daughter was working at the company where Kim Jongdae worked. So she couldn’t help but to become suspicious with his presence there. Somehow, she wanted to believe that Kim Jongdae was there only for representing his father’s company.

 

The sound of the MC tapping the mic distracted her. She turned herself to the stage and saw that the MC had asked them all to take the seats. The meeting had finally started.

 

After the MC introduced the primary stockholders, which were the Park family, and gave a brief explanation about JYJ Enterprise’s recent growth and situation, Mr. Park came to the stage; claps were accompanying him while he walked toward the podium. He then gave the welcoming speech. It then followed by the presentation about the company’s achievements and stock movements from Yoochun.

 

Then, the moment that she had waited for finally came when Yoochun had wrapped up the presentation and handed the podium back to his father. Mr. Park took a deep breath then lifting his gaze and said, “And finally, I have a very important announcement to make.”

 

Madam Park straightened her body, expecting the announcement of her husband’s withdrawal from the Chairman’s position.

 

“As you see, I have been leading this company for a while and it might be the right time to reveal this.”

 

She noticed that her husband was taking a quick glance at her before clicking the device on his hand.

 

When the screen changed and displayed another slide of Mr. Park’s presentation, Madam Park’s eyes widened and she froze as the color drained from her face. How on earth did her husband get the information?

 

Seeing the uproar that his father had caused and his mother was frozen in shock, Yoochun quickly reacted. As the heir of the family, he had been taught to react faster and responsible in any occassion. So, although he was surprised to learn the secret of his and his brother’s birth through the slide, he would still need to stop the ruckus. He quickly and went to the table where the laptop that contained the presentation slide was located and unplugged the monitor connector; the screen went dead. He turned to the staffs who stood behind him.

 

“Send everyone out.” He commanded then added, “NOW!”

 

By the command, all the staffs quickly scrambled on their feet. The MC quickly announced that the meeting was canceled and everyone was allowed to leave.

 

Still shock by the content of the slide and sat frozen on her seat, Madam Park lifted her gaze to see the guests that had been escorted out. Some of the stockholders that she knew well were looking at her in disgusting look; and she could see betrayal on their face.

 

“No.” She shook her head. “No. That’s not true!” She shot up from her chair and grabbed the hand of the congressman-slash-stockholder that she knew since she was little. “No, Mr. Yoon. That’s not true. I have never betrayed my husband. He’s the one who has betrayed me by having affair with a Chinese woman.”

 

But the man brushed her hands off his sleeve and looked away from her before walking away along with his assistant. On that moment, Madam Park realized if everything that she had built so far had been crumbling apart. No one would believe on her anymore.

 

So when the door of the ballroom had been closed and Mr. Park arrived at her front, she quickly threw her anger at him. “How could do you this to me?! How could you show to everyone a lie that Yoochun and Yoohwan are not your sons?”

 

But her husband was only standing there with clenched jaw and cold expression; he was clearly not trusting her. Calmly, he said, “Is it really a lie?”

 

The question put a dagger through Madam Park’s pride. Another stab was given when she heard Yoohwan asking her the same question. But she couldn’t be lost. She looked back at Mr. Park. “Where did you get the DNA results?” She repeated in stern tone. “Where did you get it?”

 

“He got it from me,” came the voice that made Madam Park’s heart trembling in fear. She knew precisely whose voice was that. She had been tried to avoid him for over than twenty five years. She even went too far in order to kick him out from the family, just to make sure that he would never reveal her secret.

 

She turned and saw Edward Park stepping in; Kim Jongdae was following him. The first man stopped in front of her with a lopsided smile that she always remembered.

 

“Long time no see, sister-in-law,” he greeted but his voice was filled with contempt.

 

“You,” Madam Park said in rage.

 

“What? Do you want to call the police to kick me out from the country again?” He smirked. “My ban has been lifted, thanks to my brother. Besides, if you’re calling the police right now, it might be helping me a bit.” He then turned to Chen. “Mr. Kim Jongdae, would you please?” He allowed Chen to step forward.

 

Chen understood. He approached Madam Park while taking out a letter from his inner pocket. “I’ve come here to represent Wu Enterprise in their legal matters.” Then he offered the letter to Madam Park. “Mrs. Park, this is an arrest warrant for you. Our CEO, Mr. Kim Joonmyeon, is putting a charge on you. And you’re being charged with a murder attempt to one of our high level management staffs, Miss Lu Su Ling.”

 

Yoochun quickly took the letter and read it while Chen continued, “The police officers outside are ready to arrest you.”

 

Yoochun scoffed in disbelieve. It had been too much for him to learn that the father he knew for his whole life was actually his uncle and the uncle that he had never seen was actually his father. And now, he just found out that his mother was being charged with a murder attempt.

 

Even though he disliked his half-sister, he wouldn’t go too far to the point that he tried to kill her. And he knew if his brother would think the same. Yoochun looked at his mother in disappointed look. “Mother, what have you done?”

 

In panic, Madam Park grabbed the letter from her son’s hands, tearing the paper in process. “No, don’t believe it. It’s not right. I’m not trying to kill Yoori. I just want to scare her.”

 

She then turned to Mr. Park. “But how could you show our family affair to the public? Are you not afraid that everything will be falling apart? How about the company? How about Yoochun and Yoohwan?” She grabbed her husband’s sleeve. “No matter what, they are still part of Park family. They still have the right as the family heirs.”

 

But Mr. Park brushed her off coldly and turned away from her. “It’s your own fault. You should have thought the consequences before destroying the family.”

 

He looked at his wife with disgusting look. And with a brow raised, he said coldly, “You can expect a divorce paper soon. I’ll be taking you out from the family registration. So don’t expect any money coming from me.” He then turned to his secretary who stood by the door. “Let the police in and bring her away. I don’t want to see this woman anymore around me.”

 

He then walked away. Edward Park and Chen trailed behind him. Secretary Jang obeyed and opened the door, letting the police officers to enter the room. Yoochun and Yoohwan were only standing there while watching as the police arrested their mother, knowing perfectly that their father and uncle wouldn’t do anything to help.

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, on the top floor of Wu Enterprise building, Suho shifted his gaze from the news about an arrest from a wife of a well-known company’s chairman that was aired on the television, to his phone as the device vibrated on the table. He looked at it and saw Chen’s name on the display. So Suho slid his thumb on the glossy surface and pressed the phone against his ear.

 

“I’ve seen it, Jongdae.” He paused as he was mentally saying goodbye to his black card. “And as I’ve promised, I’ll lend you my card. You are free to choose your own vacation week and destination.”


 

As promised, an update. But it's kinda lame, so I'm off to run away~

Ah, thank you very much for all the comments that you've left before. I was just trolling around but you've left me 18 comments. So how can I not love you? *squeals* And thank you for everything. Now what's next?

As usual, un-beta-ed chapter so please excuse any grammar errors and mistakes.

 

Sincerely,

Alize Sakura