Chapter 4

Take A Chance

Soaked head to toe, I walked to my locker. The hallways were quieter than usual. A675... A677 and A677 and finally my locker, A679. Running my fingers against the lockers, without paying attention, I bumped into Tavia. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry... OH Wait, WHAT?" Tavia! What are you doing here? Don't you have school today?" I asked confusingly.

"I have a Pro-D-Day today, so I decided to come here to give Raymond a piece of my mind." Tavia giggled.

I manage to let out a grin. I opened my locker and stared pulling out my socials textbook and my math textbook. Tavia looked at me weirdly.

I asked "Why are you looking at me with that look?"

"Why are you soaked head to toe? Sorry, I kind of just noticed.. You're starting to sound sick. Here, take this. I won't need it. " Tavia said taking her jacket and putting it over me.

"Well, something happened on the way to school. It was about Ray-" I got cut off by the bell.

-BRRRRNGGGG-

". I'm going to be late. I'll tell you the rest of the story at break. My break is at 10:30. I'll meet you here again." I said running off.

"Okay. I'll see you then!" Tavia said running up to me to give me a quick hug, not minding that I was soaked.

I ran to my class with only 2 minutes until the final bell ran. My class door was closed. I put my hand on the steel handle and started to turn the knob. I suddenly felt someone put their hand on mine, turning the handle with me. I looked up. It was Raymond. I let go instantly and walked right to my seat.

"Oh hey guys, you guys were almost late." Mr. Lee said.

"Sorry, it was my fault." I said.

I usually sit beside Raymond, but today, I sat alone. Mr. Lee looked at us suspiciously but he ignored us and continue teaching. An hour has finally past and break was finally about to start. 

"Any questions?" Mr. Lee asked.

-BRNGGGGGG-

"It's break everyone. Enjoy the rest of your day." Mr. Lee clapped and then sat back down on his chair.

I got up and started to leave the class. Raymond ran right behind me trying to grab my arm. I shook him off and continue heading to my locker where I planned with Tavia to meet. When I got to my locker, Tavia was right there leaning against my locker.

"Why is HE following you?" Tavia asked me

"What?" I said and turned around to see Raymond still behind me.

"What the hell do you want?!" I said.

Raymond looked at me right in the eyes. "I-- want to explain to you what happened. I am 100% sure it was a misunderstanding"

"I don't care if it's a misunderstanding or not. We're already over." I said opening my locker, ignoring eye contact.

"Hey, Raymond. Let her be. If you keep bugging her like this, she's not going to listen." Tavia explained.

I looked right at her. "Are you helping me or are you helping him?" I glared at her.

"I'm helping both of you. Now, Raymond. What class do you have next?" Tavia said to me then turned to ask Raymond.

"Off. I can stay with you." Raymond explained.

"You 2 have fun. I'll see you at lunch Tav." I closed my locker and walked off.

"Why is my best friend helping him.." I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sigh. i wrote this during class. lol. enjoy?