Pain

Another Mermaid Story: Mermaid Ring

Author POV

You look at the date in the calendar..

23 NOVEMBER 20**

"It have been a year... but its feel like a forever without him."

That day you thought you have your happy ending with him just like fairytales,and also that day you didn't realised that a large obstacle are coming.

Never crosses in your mind that day is the last day you will spend to him.

 

FLASHBACK

23 JULY 20**

Baekhyun strummed his finger on the white piano.

The melody comes out one by one form a romantic song.



 



 

"You're practicing for the class?"you asked.

"Yup, Jagi. I'm really glad that the class going well."He said and smile to me.

He tell about the stories about how nice his student was, how cute the maknae student are.

Well, the student quite less and he teach all range of age from 5 to 50.

But anyway you both grateful enough that some want to take his classes.

You smile as you look him happily tell the funny moments in his piano teacher experience as you laugh along.

You quite glad he smiled because you worried that he will be sad that he leave his life in city.

 Baekhyun and you married for 1 year and living in the country house in Busan. You and Baekhyun decided to moved away from the city since Baekhyun always like country side before.

Both of you lived in quite big penthouse which is actually our wedding gift from his exo's gang.

It quite big but only have one room but its enough for us.

We decide to keep it simple to the house spacious.

Suprisingly the house quite turn into luxury.

Suddenly, baekhyun interupts your thought by streching your cheeks like your cheek made of rubber.

You winced in pain.

"Haha,where you mind go? London?"He joked and laughed.

You pouted and rub your cheek which little bit turned to red.

"Aww..you're too cute to be true I wish I can kiss you right then."He compliment and make you laughed.

"Eww...my husband too cheesy.I think I can be obese next year."You pretend to disgusted.

"But you love it, I know."



 




 



 

You washing dishes in the kitchen but then someone hug you from behind and put his chin on your shoulder.He slightly makes you sway from left to right and sniffed your hair scent sniff your body scents which is lavender. You chuckled seems you know the one who hug since his favorite perfume scent overlap the food smell that you cooked.

"When can we to eat this?"He pouted

"Wait for a second.I know you're hungry.Just watches tv or something,okay?"

"Aye Aye Captain!"He said and playfully make a salute to you.

You chuckled.

You smiled at him and pinch his chubby cheeks then continue your cooking.

After few minutes, your dinner finished.

You prepared the dinner and set the table as Baekhyun take a refreshing shower.

Baekhyun came from down stair and saw you already sat on the dining table.

"Are you waiting for me?"He said and kisses you in the cheek.

He sat down and started digging for his food.

"Slowly Baekhyun, the food won't run away from you." you said.

Baekhyun only smiled and slowed down his pace.

"Honey, can I go for a trip?"Baekhyun asked suddenly.

"With who?"you asked

"Urmmm, my friend." Baekhyun answered nervously while wipe imaginary stain on his lips.

"EXO?"You guessed.

"Nope, but other friend."

"Okay, Just be safe~"you said.

You doesn't want be busybody wife so you just shrugged of your question


Baekhyun and you watch cartoon movies marathon on the lazy couch. You grab some popcorn and put in fully in your mouth. After a while, a thought popped out in your mind.

"Baekhyun-ahhh."

"Yup."he answered with his eyes on the screen and hands in popcorn bowl

"We have been married for few years but why you never tell me about your family?" He hands seem stop mixing the popcorn in the bowl and his eyes slowly leaves the screen but on you.

He sighed and his temper quite shown.

"What do you want to know? It's quite a pain…" he coldly answered.

You sighed and slightly pouted."Okay then, I won't ask you again. Sorry."You said and continue to watch the movies.

Only the movies sound and crickets from outside the house can be heard.

“I do have a cute, smart, and kind brother.And Granny who always sweetly supported me." he said with a sad smile potray his real feeling..

You felt guilty for asking the question as you see sadness filled his eyes.

"You don't need to tell if you don't want too, you know."You said.

But you can't help it because he looks like hiding something from you and you hate to admit it that it sometimes wonder his love for you.

"I Love you, sweetheart. I really do.I'm Sorry."He said and hugs you tightly.

At that time, the wonder about his love to you completely dissapear when he hug you.

You know he will tell you when its time.

You gladly smiled and reply his hug. Your face lies on his shoulder and Baekhyun chin rest on top of your head.

The position last in hours and you end up sleep in Baekhyun embrace.


A week later,

You began worried as you Baekhyun doesn't returned home for a long time.

You thought he was gone in to for 3 days but a week passed but there's not even once he returned home.

Even his EXO gang doesn't know who is the friend the baekhyun talking about.

Every night you keep dreaming about Baekhyun leaving you and at one time he leaves with other woman.

But you decide to ignore the crappy dream since you trust Baekhyun.

You running to the hospital in hurry after you got a call from hospital.

‘Sorry to say miss. Your husband might already die after in car accident.

The fires that cause by the accident ruin the faces and almost the body.

We found an identification card near him. I want to get confirmation from you.'

You walked to the death room but when you in front the door you stop.

*NO! That not Baekhyun. It must be a mistake!*you cheered up.

You come in the death room and feel the chill air blow your cheek. You see a white pile covered the dead body.

You don't realised you holding your breath while walking to the body.

You take a heavy step to the dead body.

“Can I see his faces?”

“Are you sure? The face is quite horrible.”He asked.

You nodded and take a deep breath to calm yourself repay the oxygen debt.

The guy opened the white cloth and saw a horrible ruined face.

You can see the face burn completely and without you thinking you backed out from him. You tried to hold your tears and scolded yourself.

*NO! ITS NOT BAEKHYUN.GET A GRIP OF YOURSELF!!* You saw the hands and the ring…



 



 

the wedding ring.



 

Only one ring exist which is S925.

“Baekhyun! Please don’t goooo. Please honey. Don’t Leave me. God please.”You kneeled and cried heartily.

You hold his hand. “Baekhyun, why do you have to leave me?”You asked.

Deep in your heart you know that he wouldn’t answer that forever.

“I am sorry for your loss, madam. We need to cover up this dead bodies and buried before it get rotten.”

“NO NO NO! Baekhyun it’s not dead yet. NO!”You mad at the stranger and hold the dead body tightly.

The nurse drags you outside and you tried to free from their grip.

“LET ME GO!!!!!!”You shouted almost waking up.

“P-ple-ease.” You begged her and a tear falling down.

The nurse came out and give you the ring and you looked at the inside.

S925...92 for the year when you are born. S for september which your birthday and 5 for may which baekhyun birthday.

You kiss the ring and eventually cried in front the doors

You cried thinking when no one who will comfort you when you sad. You cried thinking there’s no warmth will covered you again. You cried thinking that Baekhyun leaving you … Forever.

END OF FLASHBACK


Your POV
 

I walked out the room and looked at the gloomy dark living room.

You can't help but your mind unconciously replay some past.

Flashback

“Sweetheart, what is your dream?”

“Living happily with you, having family with you and be a perfect housewife for you?”I said.

“If I gone?”He said as he hug me.

“NO.I knows you with me always, right? You will not regret marrying me, I’m a good wife.”

“Sort of but you’re doomed if I gone.”

“You’re cheating on me, don’t you?"

“May----be? There some hot girls I found in-“He said with teasing smirk.He stand up prepare to run.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!” You chase Baekhyun who laugh teasing me while run away from his wife.

 

*You right! I’m doomed!*I thought.

I walked up to kitchen and grab some ramyeon at the cabinet.

I'm instictively grab the ramyeon(instant noodles) and open the stove.

I filled the pot with water and put the ingridient.

I'm shocked seeing I put three packets in it.

Flashback

I want to cook ramyeon for myself seeing I'm hungry for myself.

I put the ingridients in the boiling water and suddenly someone backhugged me again.

"Baekhyun,stop doing that! I'm almost get an heart attack."

"Your back when you're cooking so attractive since you have motherly feels.I want ramyeon too!"

Suddenly, he hovered you which makes your heart skip a beat and takes some ramyeon.

He put TWO packets into the pot.

"Yah, sweetheart its too much.Who going to eat this!"

"Me!"

I shook my head as my husband heading to the living room.

You amazed at the big -appetite-husband sometimes.

Suddenly baekhyun shouts...

"If you had a heart atack tell me I can give you special C-P-R to you.Its limeited edition, you know."

I scoffed at his remark but in anyway I still love him too.

End Flashback.

I sighed and when im remembered about him again.

I quickly turn off the stove as I loss my appetite.

I headed to my room and landed quickly on the bed.

Theres mirror beside my bed and I can see my bad looking

I can see the eye bag , my cheek bone and the cheek fat which Baekhyun always love gone.

I hugged the pillow on the bed even I don’t know how much I put the Baekhyun’s perfume. You can call me sadist, pathetic, a freak or obsessed. I don’t mind about that.

However, do you know what bugging me most doing this?

It just won’t be same as the Baekhyun scent. Whatever I do will not getting my husband’s scent in this house I do realize I can’t let go of him and I think I never will.

The space beside me bothered me so much till the end and I ended up walked back and forth

All of this year,I’m crying all my heart. The difference is the tears are drying up. Only god and I know how I’m sad I am.

I'm trying to be strong girl like I used to be.

I tried to commit some suicide not just once but few times.

EXO friends always save me when I’m in the end. They watched over every time to time.

But one word or maybe sentences stopped me from suicide

“Baekhyun will hate you doing this, Noona. He will blame himself and all. You think you will see him after you suicide. Maybe, he won’t even want to meet you in heaven because hating you does it like this. Stop,noona! Just stop!”-Sehun

Whatever they do to cheer me up for sure it can make me better.

However, they just can’t make me…smile.

Like always Baekhyun did.I'm still used being a spoiled by him.He always granted my wish. I’m still working and doing my thinks like usual. I’m quite become pessimistic and it a rare of me to smile. My life just like the dark tunnel. I’ve lost my spirits to live in worlds. My heart felt like so empty. His absence makes my life turn upside down. I pretend to be fine infront others. I don’t want to makes any others to be sad by my condition I may not crying but my hearts crying out loud only for me to know.

If stairs can make stairways,

and memories a lane,

I will climb to the heaven ,

and come to you...