3 화: 내 사랑하는 아빠 - My Lovely Father

The Elites

 

              

He is Saehee's father! Yoon Kyesang. 38 years old. (If you didn't know him, he's ex-member of G.O.D)

 

 

  Saehee hold her breath after she heard what Mrs. Jung just said to her.

                “N-ne?!” Saehee surprised. “What do you mean by my father?”

                “Your biological father.” Mrs Jung answered.

                My biological father? Saehee looked at the man in front of her.

“Well, you’ll hear the about it from Yoon Kyesang himself.” Mrs. Jung said. “So, I will leave you two.” She got up after hold Saehee’s hand for a while.

                Saehee turned to Yoon Kyesang that looked at her since then. “What is it, ahjussi? By you’re being my father..”

                “Well.. it’s actually happened that I didn’t even know that you’re exist.” He started. “Me and your mother was happily married after many troubles we’ve been troughed. It was just only a year after she and I married, and I was sent by my mother to England to do some business matter. At first I just followed what she tells me to do, because I’m the only heir of my family’s corporation, so I went to England. So that when the other troubles starts.”

                Saehee listened to every word he said.

                “I know that my mother.. doesn’t improved my marriage with Yoon Hee. But I never thought she would’ve done something like that. She sent me to England to keep me away from Korea. To keep me away from Yoon Hee. After the business matter in England was done, I can’t go back to Korea. I tried so many times to go back but.. I can’t. My mom being more careful than ever.

And someday, I got a letter from your mother. And it turns out to be a divorce letter.”

                “My mom sent you a divorce letter?” Saehee asked. “But that’s impossible..”

                “Ofcourse it is. I didn’t believe at first, but I saw Yoon Hee’s sign in the contract, I don’t have any other choice. After that, I trough 10 years with misery. And it was just 1 year ago.. I just found out that she was dead..” Yoon Kyesang let out another tears he can’t hold. He looked for handkerchief in his suit but didn’t find any. Saehee took hers and gave it to him. Yoon Kyesang received it and smiled.

                “You know what? I found out too that your mom routinely sent me a letter about your development. So, she’s still believed that I still loved her...”

                Saehee can’t hold her tears anymore. She always wanted to know about her parents. But because no one knows about them, she can’t. And now, she knew. That her parents already trough so many troubles and struggles on their lives.

                “I don’t know… I don’t know anything.. my mother sent the letter back without even looks what inside. Your stupid father didn’t even know that your mother already had you for 2 months after he left.” Yoon Kyesang erased his tears and looked at Saehee’s eyes. “Saehee-ya… My daughter..”

                Saehee looked up to him.

                “Do you want to forgive me? After so many years you’ve been troughed without mother and father by your side. Do you mind.. to forgive your pathetic father, and let him pay the owe for the rest of his life?” He said to her with smile.

                Saehee can’t express in any other words, she just want to call that she’s really want to call. “Appa..” She said with tears. “Appa..”

                Yoon Kyesang scooted closer and hugged his daughter. Maybe she can’t have his wife anymore but the gift from his wife that in his embrace right now is more than just enough.

***

                Now, Yoon Kyesang and Saehee sat together on the swings at the orphanage backyard.

“Ofcourse I won’t force you to live with me this second.” Yoon Kyesang said to his daughter. “Let’s just trough this little by little, okay?”

                Saehee smiled, “Ofcourse, Appa.”

                “Now, I just want to know how my daughter lives, what does she eats, did she does well in school, did she has a boyfriend..?” Yoon Kyesang looked at Saehee with a tease.

                “Eiiy.. I don’t have any boyfriend, Appa..” Saehee said.

                Yoon Kyesang keep looking at her daughter, “Really?” Saehee nodded. “But my daughter is pretty, I heard that you always have a good grade at your school, and have such a beautiful voice. Are sure no one approaches you until now?”

                “What do you mean I have such a beautiful voice?” She looked at him.

                “Well, I looked at your video singing for Mrs. Jung’s birthday. You are just like your mother. She has a very beautiful voice too, you know?”

                Saehee smiled. “Ofcourse. Eomma always sing me a lullaby.”

                Yoon Kyesang smiled looking at his daughter smile, “You know what, in the university where your mother and I visited, we always have a duet together you know. She took a guitar and I took a triangle…”

                “A triangle?” Saehee laughed.

                “Yeah, your dad can’t play instruments as good as you and your mom.. But at least, he has a good-looking face and a very nice voice.”

                “Are bragging about it now?”

                “You agree, right?”

                Saehee thought she will troughed the rest of her life without parents. She always envy whenever she looks at her friends together with their parents especially a father. She had a very beautiful memories with her mother, but she never once with her father. But now she can trough the life together with him. It’s a very beautiful day and night for her.

***

-Sunday-

                “Ah.. so every Monday, Friday, and weekend you have your part-time job here?” Yoon Kyesang listened to every words his daughter said to her.

                “Ne.” Saehee nodded.

“Aigoo.. I imagine your tired face everytime you done.” Yoon Kyesang looked at her worriedly.

“It’s okay~ Even though the manager here was kind of grumpy, I like it here.” She chukled. “Because the food is tasty. Kekekeke..”

                “Eiiy, such an eater you are.” Yoon Kyesang pinched his daughter’s nose.

                “But I was right, right? How about green tea cheesecake and blueberry smoothie that you just ate?”

                “Well.. it’s the most delicious because it was made by my daughter.” He let out a thumbs up.

                “Aigoo.. your taste is weird for a business men.” Saehee shooks her head.

                “Hey, do you think a business men always drinks a long black coffee or.. uh.. Americano? And have their meal in such fancy restaurant?”

                “Umm… That’s what I always knew.”

                “I think you watch too much drama. Drama it’s not always that realistic, you know? I like to eat in Pojangmacha, too!”

                “Now I have- Oh, welcome to Bon-Bon Coffee Shop!” Her words cut when she saw a customer came in.

                “Oh, Saehee?”

                Saehee looked up when she heard someone call her name. “Oh, Sungjae-ssi!”

                “Hey, I’ve been reminding you all week. Kick out the ‘-ssi’.” He said. “So this is where you work?”

                “Ne.. Sungjae.” She chukled and walked to the counter. “What do you want to order, customer-nim?”

                Sungjae chukled, “I want some…”

                Yoon Kyesang looked at how her daughter reacts to that young guy. And check him out from head to toe.

                Hmm.. such a nice clothes he has. A good style too. He dyed his hair too. His height is quiet tall and has such a nice body. He talks and smiles while he looks at her.. no, his eyes always on her from very start! Oh, why does he asked about she already has lunch or not? Did he wants to asked her to lunch together? Why he acts like he’s her boyfriend? The way he talks and acts really showed like that.

Even until Sungjae walked out from the coffee shop with 7 smoothies in his hands, Yoon Kyesang still keep his eyes on him.

                “Appa?” Saehee called.

                “Ah, yes?” He turned to her.

                “What did you just saw?” Saehee followed his gaze.

                “Ah, that..” He looked at Saehee. “Ya, you said that you don’t have a boyfriend.”

                Saehee looked at her father confused, “Boyfriend? Really, I don’t have- aah… do you mean by Sungjae-ssi earlier?” She point at where Sungjae left.

                “Eung.” Yoon Kyesang nodded.

                “Sungjae is just my friend, Appa.”

                “But he’s a boy.. and your friend, right?” he looks at his daughter with a tease eyes.

                “Aigoo.. stop with that looks, Appa~” Saehee shook her head. “We’re just friends. And he’s not my type.”

                “Aigooo.. my daughter have an ideal type?”

                “Ofcourse~~”

                “What is it?” Her father asked.

“Like Appa.” Yoon Kyesang raised his eyebrows. “Even though its already passed more than 10 years, after many misunderstandings about my mother wants to divorce from you. You still love her with all your might.” Saehee smiled, “Me too.. I want to receive that kind of love.”

“Aigoo.. our daughter, my daughter~” Yoon Kyesang patted his daughter head slowly. “Such a sweet daughter that I have. You make me shy, you know.”

***

Now, Saehee and Yoon Kyesang are on their ride to the orphanage. Because all Saehee’s things from orphanage have been sent to Kyesang’s mansion, Saehee won’t be just leaving without words like that. She spent most of her life in the orphanage. She can’t just forget about Mrs. Jung, Eunsun Eonni, and the other children at the orphanage like that.

 

               

After she’s arrived, she didn’t expect to see all of the residents of orphanage already waiting for her.

“Saehee-ya.” Mrs. Jung walked and hugged her. “I know you will have your wait worth.”

“Ahjumeoni..” Saehee’s tears fall down to her cheeks. “I’m sorry if I’ve been a burden for all this time..”

“Eyy.. what do you mean by a burden? There’s no such thing..” Mrs. Jung mengusap tears from Saehee’s face.

Saehee turned at Eunsun, “Eonnie…”

“Saehee-ya~~” she runs into her embrace.

While Eunsun and Saehee let out each other tears, Yoon Kyesang walked closed to Mrs. Jung. “Excuse me.. but, here..”

“Yes?” Mrs. Jung turned to him and saw him handing an envelope. “Aigoo.. No, you don’t have to..”

“Aniya.. it’s just.. my grateful to you for raised my daughter well like this. There’s no regret after I met with my daughter and spent this week with her. Thank you very much, Mrs. Jung.”

“Aigoo.. we will be so longed if she was not around.”

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Jung. I’m not an overprotective father. Ofcourse I will let her visit this orphanage whenever she wants.” He laughs at her daughter crying with the children all around her.

***

Yoon Kyesang’s car entered the area of Gangnam and stopped in front of his mansion. Saehee can’t help but hang open when she saw his father’s mansion.

“I tell them to make my daughter’s room as pretty as they can. Because its just a week, I think its still lacked on something.” Said Yoon Kyesang before opened his daughter’s room.

“Uwa…” Saehee hold her breath when she entered the room. “Is this really my room?”

“What do you think?”

“It’s so pretty… this room even bigger than my class.. and a laptop.. even a television in my room.. uwa..”

“It’s not just a television, it’s a Smart TV. You can browsing trough TV too, you know.” Her father added.

Saehee looked around and turned to her father, “Appa.. don’t you think its.. too much?” Saehee looked at him.

Yoon Kyesang laughs at his daughter thoughtful. “Aigoo.. don’t worry my daughter~! I have a veeery good time spending my money for my daughter! It such the best feeling I ever had! And to know that my daughter is beautiful and good at study, I don’t have anything else to worry about.” He said while pinching both of Saehee’s cheek. “Don’t worry okay~? My daughter.” He smiled.

Saehee smiled at her father giddiness, “Gomawoyo, Appa.”

“Eung~” he looked at Saehee sat on her study desk, and suddenly he remembers something. “Ah, Saehee-ya.”

“Ne, Appa?”

Yoon Kyesang sat on Saehee’s bed while looking at her. “I heard that you drop the scholarship that Haneul Go sent to you? I heard from Mrs. Jung that you always wanted to enter that school, why did you drop it?”

“Ah, that..” she looked down. “The scholarship didn’t require uniform and the other school needs, so I dropped it. You know.. how much Haneul Go uniform is. I always have a goosebumps whenever I remember it.”

Yoon Kyesang nodded. “Oh, that’s why.. Ya, you should quickly go to bath. Its already late and you have to go to school tomorrow. Ah, and.. open that door.” He pointed to some door at the corner. “It helps you find your PJ’s.” He smirked. “Good night, my daughter~” with that, he close Saehee’s room door close.

“Help me find my PJs?” Saehee wondered. She walked to the corner and open the door and gasped. It’s a closet. A very very big closet. A lot of beautiful clothes there. Dresses, one pieces, skirts, jackets, coats, and PJ’s.. “ think I can play hide and seek here.”