Remember When We Were Best Friends

Blame

"Kyungsoo, remember when I was fine?"

 

"I do, Joon. Remember when we were best friends?"

 

"I-I do."
 


"She is getting what!?"

Kyungsoo glances up at Joon Myun with harden expression. "She is getting of prison early. She's shown excellent to perfect inmate behavior and the board accepted her plea for parole. She will be out in a few days. It's been decided that I will her parole officer."

Joon Myun slams his hands against his deck, knocking down and shattering the bottle of bourbon. "Joon Myun, don't do nothing wrong or too rash."

"I don't give a , Officer Do. She killed two people that day, two people that brought joy and peace to my life. And that woman never blinked when she sentenced to prison. You know, of course, you arrested her."

"She's a strong girl. A strong girl that paid her dues in prison. What more you want to happen to her? She's been shunned and her name has been slandered. What do you want? What is left for her to lose? What will make you satisfied?"

 The young man glares at him with a sneer on his face.

"Kyungsoo." He says using his given name; "Four years ago, I'd say I'd kill her, nice and quick. But, now I want do it slow, achingly so. I want her to suffer for what she did. Suffer slowly and painfully. I want her to lose the only thing she has left. Her sanity!"

He begins to chuckle, then there's sobbing. Loud sobbing. Officer Do looks at him, sets his handkerchief on the desk and leave to go have lunch.

 

"We are friends, but I won't let you break down a changed woman. This I promise you."



If only his situation could be as simple as getting lunch.

But want would life be if it was never complicated?