Of Confused identities and Everything going wrong

The Spell Book

 

 
 
 
Sometimes, you have got to believe in Murphy's Law.
 
Because just when you think that nothing else can go wrong, be prepared for an (un)pleasant surprise.
 
***
 
Yixing was waiting for Kyungsoo outside the school cafeteria that afternoon. When Kyungsoo arrived, Yixing was anxious and b with anticipation.
 
"Did you get it? Did you get it?" He chirped excitedly. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and stuck a folder into his face. "At the expense of your dignity." He replied with a smirk.
 
As Yixing's jaw dropped to the ground, Luhan Baekhyun and Jongdae hurried over. They took one look at Yixing's (Kyungsoo version) bewildered look, and they smacked their foreheads at the same time.
 
"What did you do, Soo-ah?!" Jongdae hissed. Kyungsoo knew that he would have grabbed him in a headlock by now but it was just awkward and people would wonder why Jongdae is acting so chummy with Yixing all of a sudden.
 
"Are you an exhibitionist, Yixing?" Kyungsoo asked Yixing instead of replying, and Yixing's jaw dropped further.
 
"Yah Kyungsoo what are you talking about?" Baekhyun jabbed his ribs impatiently.
 
Kyungsoo shot him a scowl and turned back to Yixing. "Apparently that dance instructor was asking for dance battle volunteers..." Yixing's face turned pale in horror, "... and your dear friends Sehun and Minseok and Jongin volunteered me."
 
Luhan blushed at the sound of his boyfriend's name. "He did?" He murmured shyly.
 
Kyungsoo rolled his eyes again. "That's not the point. The point is that I totally embarrassed myself. I mean, yourself. I mean, you. Argh whatever." He groaned and stomped off frustratedly, yelling behind him, "I'm going to get ready for the play."
 
The four friends turned to look at one another. "This isn't going very well." Yixing piped up.
 
"Nope it isn't," Jongdae shook his head sadly.
 
***
 
Kyungsoo sat on the bed, fully dressed and ready to leave. Junmyeon stood in front of him, parading his new suit. It was silver grey and it made Junmyeon look more mature than he is.
 
"You like it,Yixing-baby?" He quipped with a bright smile.
 
Kyungsoo nodded. "Yeah it's nice! You look handsome."
 
Oh no what? I didn't mean to say that. But Joonmyun looks happy. Wait, am I blushing?
 
Junmyeon pulled him up into his arms and hugged him. "I'm so glad you agreed to come even though you don't like plays, Yixing ah. I'll make it up to you when I can, okay?"
 
Oh, right. Kyungsoo had totally forgotten about the fact that Yixing hated plays. That meant he cannot act too enthusiastic during the show later, or Junmyeon might get suspicious. 
 
Kyungsoo hugged back, trying not to think how warm Junmyeon's embrace is. So this is what it's like to be hugged intimately by my roommate, he thought, and quickly forced his thought process to end right there. No dirty thoughts, no dirty thoughts...
 
"Let's go." Kyungsoo pulled away and held out his hand like what he saw Yixing do many times. Junmyeon's face split into a wide grin and intertwined their fingers. "Okay!!"
 
 
They went out of the apartment and headed to the main road where Junmyeon's chauffeur would pick them up. Along the way, they passed his usual gang ringing up an order at a coffee shop. Junmyeon waved cheerfully. "Kyungsoo, we'll be going!! Remember that we will be back late!!"
 
Kyungsoo saw Yixing turned towards them, and stare, like really STARE, at their intertwined fingers. Kyungsoo felt like he wanted to disappear right there and then. It was so freaking awkward and he couldn't pull away because Junmyeon's grip was death-like but he couldn't bear to stand under Yixing's piercing scrutiny any longer. So he tugged on Junmyeon's hand. "The car is waiting, Junnie." He whispered.
 
Junmyeon nodded and tapped his nose. "You're so impatient," he teased, and he waved at the vocalists again before walking off. Kyungsoo heaved a sigh of relief and smiled at Junmyeon. Hopefully things will be alright from here...
 
***
 
"Are you jealous?" Luhan asked Yixing. They were at the almost-empty coffee shop, with Luhan on Sehun's lap. Jongdae and Baekhyun were fighting to see how long they could put their leg on the other's lap without it getting pushed off. 
 
Yixing blinked. He sure did feel a sad clench when he saw... Himself? Holding hands with Junmyeon, but it's just plain dumb to get jealous of yourself. That's not really him, but... That's not really anyone else either.
 
"It's complicated." He sighed sadly, nibbling at his cream puff with a wistful look. Luhan turned to peek at Sehun - he had his headphones on and was leaning on his shoulder, half-asleep. That was good enough for him, he hoped that Sehun wouldn't be able to hear their conversation. 
 
"I understand, I mean its you but it's not you so..." Luhan was interrupted by a screech as Jongdae fell off his chair and Baekhyun shrieked with laughter. He rolled his eyes and ignored them. "I mean, it's just for a day. Don't worry too much."
 
"A day..." Yixing echoed. "A day...?"
 
Luhan suddenly remembered on Tuesday when they made the potion. The book didn't specify the potency and duration of the spell. They had all happily assumed that it was a day, but what if... what if that wasn't the case?
 
A dreadful feeling coursed through his body. Uh oh...
 
Yixing peered at him. "What's wrong?"
 
Luhan shook his head quickly. "Ahh, nothing!!" He glanced at Jongdae and Baekhyun, now both under the table doing goodness knows what. Sometimes he swore to the heavens that his best friends are trapped in 5-year-old minds.
 
I need to discuss with them, 5 year old or not. This is getting serious...
 
***
 
Kyungsoo and Junmyeon arrived at the performing arts centre. The play started at 7PM and it lasted three hours. They had about one and a half hours to go get dinner and find the actual venue.
 
"What shall we eat?" Junmyeon asked in an overly cheerful voice. Kyungsoo's palms were starting to sweat like mad but Junmyeon doesn't look like he's going to let go anytime soon.
 
"Umm... You decide?" Kyungsoo suggested, and Junmyeon pouted at him. "You always say that!" He lamented, but pulled Kyungsoo along decidedly towards a restaurant as if he'd set his eyes on it since the beginning.
 
 
Kyungsoo took one glance at the menu, and his face paled. 
 
"Yixing-baby what's wrong?" Junmyeon leaned over to squeeze his hand. Kyungsoo began to wheeze. 
 
"Are you feeling alright?" Junmyeon's voice went up by a few notches. Kyungsoo nodded vigorously and tore his eyes off the menu, not wanting to stare at those horribly... elevated prices. "You can decide for me, Junnie, I'm not too hungry." He wasn't lying. One look at those numbers put him right off his appetite.
 
Junmyeon ordered a simple steak for him, as well as some extravagant seafood platter for himself that made Kyungsoo feel a little nauseous. How is it possible for Junmyeon to eat this well yet maintain his perfect body?!
 
Did I just think, perfect body? Oh, nooooo... What's wrong with you, Do Kyungsoo!!
 
Junmyeon ate like a gentleman, fork and knife peeling the shell off the prawn neatly, twisting the meat off the scallop with practiced delicacy. Kyungsoo was glad he just had a steak because he was probably the world's second-most messiest eater, with Baekhyun easily topping the list. 
 
 
Luckily, dinner went well without any major hitches, and soon it was time for the play. Kyungsoo had great trouble trying to mask his bubbling squeal-worthy excitement. If he was with anyone else (in his own body, to be quite precise) he would have been bouncing around like a bunny by now.
 
"I promise you that time will pass really fast, Yixing-baby, and before long it'll be over..." Junmyeon was muttering assurances to him, but Kyungsoo wasn't really paying attention because honestly speaking, he didn't need the reassuring. He was probably as excited about the play as Junmyeon. 
 
Junmyeon led him into the large theatre, and he felt his heart skip inside him in happiness. The play, oh my god I'm going to watch the play!!
 
He felt touched when Junmyeon offered to sit at the side, passing up the chance to sit in the middle and get a better view of the stage. "Just in case you feel bored and you want to go out for a breather," Junmyeon had offered, with a kind smile. Kyungsoo never knew that he had this thoughtful side of him.
 
"Nah it's okay, let's just sit inside, I'll be fine." No way was Kyungsoo ever going to leave his seat once during the play of his lifetime.
 
Junmyeon broke into a huge grateful smile. "Really? Thanks Yixing-baby I love you!!!!" And he pounced on top of him in a tight hug that knocked almost all the air out of Kyungsoo.
 
Kyungsoo had to smile. Maybe Junmyeon isn't such a heartless and cold person like I used to view him in the past, he thought with a chuckle.
 
 
It felt like forever before the play actually started, and Kyungsoo was half out of his chair with pure enthusiasm. Junmyeon had thrown an amused glance at him, probably thinking that he was pretending, and then turned to focus his attention on the play.
 
The beginning act was cheesy and silly, and Kyungsoo found himself laughing with Junmyeon. He couldn't put up an act anymore, because he was too engrossed in the show... But that was when all the trouble started to happen.
 
The first major problem was Kyungsoo's physical behaviour, which was clutching at the edges of his seat like a little kid. "Yixing ya, are you trying to follow Kyungsoo?" Junmyeon had asked suddenly, and Kyungsoo immediately let go, feeling a blush creep onto his cheeks.
 
Well, I'm not following Kyungsoo, I am Kyungsoo.
 
 
The next problem wasn't so simple like the first. In fact, it was the one problem that made Kyungsoo sorely regret even doing all this body swapping business.
 
The actor playing the King was ill, lying on the makeshift bed and groaning out loud. "Oh saviour, saviour I need your medicine!!" He had called out in an ailing voice.
 
Kyungsoo stifled his laughter, and blurted out, "Oh my god that sounds like Jongdae hyung when he's trying to get Baekhyun hyung to make him coffee!!"
 
He realised it a tad too late, and there were people turning to stare at him for his sudden loud outburst. 
 
But the main reason his blood ran cold was the fact that Junmyeon was staring - no, gaping - no, outright gawking at him. 
 
"Yixing-baby, are you okay?" He whispered with a slightly stricken look on his face.
 
OH NOOOOO......
 
 
 
A/N: I found this kyungmyeon pic somewhere. Like seriously, are they going for a pajama party? XD
(++ for Suho's matching hat ahaha)