This Is Side One, Flip Me Over

Guernica

Warrior reached the bunker without much trouble. Hurricane had arrived the day before, and they helped transport the things from the car while Yongguk stayed to guard the van. 

"So did you miss me, hyung?" Junhong asked, nudging Youngjae as they walked back to the van. "You haven't seen me in, like, a month, right?"

"It was just a couple weeks," Youngjae replied, but he smiled all the same. 

"It was a month!" Junhong insisted. He turned to the other three behind him. "Right?"

Himchan shrugged. Jongup blinked, apparently thinking and trying to number the days. Daehyun did the same. 

"I'd say probably three and a half weeks," Himchan said after a moment of silence. 

Junhong shrugged. "Close enough."

When they reached the van, they realized that there wasn't much left to bring back. 

"Okay, you guys get the rest, and I'll drive the car back," Himchan said as he climbed into the driver seat. Yongguk moved to open the passgener side door, but Himchan stopped him. "You're staying here."

Youngjae looked at the pair as Himchan maneuvered the car around. He drove down the mountain as Daehyun, Jongup, and Junhong made their way back to the bunker. 

"Are they going to be okay?" Youngjae asked, jogging to catch up with the others. "Himchan looked mad."

Daehyun laughed. "He's probably just gonna scold Yongguk for getting hurt."

"Himchan hates it when that happens," Jongup added. "They'll be fine, though."

"They're like an old married couple, but you know." Junhong shrugged.

Youngjae glanced back, but all he saw was the dense greenery. 

//

That night, they had a feast to celebrate their successful raid. The dining hall was filled with a joyful atmosphere, and Youngjae felt as though he finally belonged with these people. He had friends, and although it didn't exactly compare to his life back in New Seoul, it was pleasant. He was...happy––in this bunker with five other criminals.

And then Junhong brought out a bottle of alcohol. He had a mischievous grin on his lips as he darted into the kitchen, and then came back out with the bottle cradled close to his chest. 

Yongguk's mouth fell open as Junhong placed it on the table. "How'd you get a hold of this?"

Junhong let out a triumphant laugh. "A magician never reveals his secrets."

Yongguk turned to Himchan. "You let him get that?"

Himchan shrugged. "By the time I found out, he'd gotten five bottles already."

"You got five bottles?" Daehyun asked Junhong incredulously. 

Youngjae stared in amazement. That kind of alcohol wasn't sold legally to citizens; it was considered too intoxicating for the normal human being to handle. And yet... Junhong had managed to get his hands on five. 

"You can bet your sweet I did," Junhong replied. He nudged Jongup with his elbow. "Jongup helped, too."

Jongup looked down at his food as Yongguk directed his glare towards him. 

Junhong let out a snort and headed back into the kitchen. "Hyung, come help me get the cups!"

Youngjae stood up to follow Junhong, but Yongguk glared at him. 

"Hyung, I don't have six hands!" Junhong called from the kitchen. 

"You guys can't be drinking that stuff!" Yongguk exclaimed in protest. 

Himchan began laughing. "We're literally wanted by the government, and you're worried about underage drinking?" He turned to Youngjae. "Go help Junhong."

Youngjae nodded and headed into the kitchen. But...why was Himchan being so nice to him all of a sudden? Well, not technically nice, but more tolerant than usual.

"It's unhealthy for the kids!" Yongguk insisted. 

"Does it even really matter anymore?" Himchan shot back.

//

It took two cups to get Yongguk noticeably tipsy, half a cup each to get Jongup and Junhong knocked out, and a cup for Daehyun to get glaringly drunk. 

Himchan and Youngjae, however, took a couple sips of the alcohol and realized that they both hated it. As the other conscious members drank to their hearts' content, Himchan supervised them like a mother hen while Youngjae watched them with a mix of horror and amusement. 

Just as Daehyun began throwing things across the dining hall, Himchan stood up and declared the entire thing over. He grabbed a hold of Daehyun, and sat him in a corner. 

"Um, I guess I'll take these two, and you take Daehyun. Yongguk can walk himself to our bedroom," Himchan said. He lifted Junhong off the bench and nudged Jongup awake. "Jongup, come on, I'm not carrying the both of you."

Jongup grunted, and swatted at Himchan. 

"Fine, see if I care if you get a headache and cramps tomorrow morning," Himchan said, walking out of the dining hall with Junhong in his arms. With Junhong's gangly limbs and Himchan's slightly smaller stature, the sight of them was almost comical. 

"Daehyun?" Youngjae called out. Judging by Daehyun's near nonsensical ramblings, he was trying to figure out the answers to the universe. Youngjae walked over, and tapped Daehyun's shoulder. "Daehyun, you have to go sleep now."

Daehyun spun around, his eyes wide. He shot to his feet, and grabbed onto Youngjae. Daehyun's breath smelled almost sickeningly sweet. "You...!"

Youngjae tilted his head. "Yes...?"

"You... You are...," Daehyun patted Youngjae's shoulders, then his chest, seemingly having trouble finding the right words. Then, he looked up into Youngjae's eyes, and cupped his face. "You are the universe."

Sighing, Youngjae pried Daehyun's hands off his face, and led him out. "Let's get you to bed, Daehyun."

"Yongguk!" Daehyun called across the dining hall, and Youngjae flinched as Daehyun's voice echoed harshly against his eardrums. "I found the universe!"

"That's awesome," Yongguk replied, giving Daehyun a double thumbs-up. 

"You are the universe," Daehyun muttered as he was tugged down the hall. "I found the universe..."

Youngjae glanced backwards as Daehyun stumbled slightly. If he knew Daehyun would be this ridiculous when he was drunk, he wouldn't have helped Junhong get the cups earlier. 

It took twice as long to reach their bedroom because Daehyun continued to admire every single detail on the floor and then proclaim he'd found the universe—over and over. Himchan had even managed to coax Jongup awake and was shepherding him back to his room before Daehyun and Youngjae reached theirs. By the time they finally managed get to the door, Youngjae was ready to just fall over and sleep. He needed to relish the feeling of sleeping in a proper bed again. Once he'd opened the door, he fell face first into the bed, and closed his eyes, not even bothering to wait for Daehyun. 

However, Youngjae was promptly notified when Daehyun reached the room because the other fell on top of Youngjae's back. 

"Why," Youngjae breathed as he shoved Daehyun to the side. 

Youngjae turned away from Daehyun, hoping to finally get some sleep, but he felt the bed rustling behind him. He glanced back and found Daehyun clumsily trying to get the blankets on top of himself. Blinking, Youngjae stared at the scene for a moment before finally getting up and helping Daehyun. 

"Jae... Come here," Daehyun said, his voice going low. 

"No," Youngjae replied, climbing back into his side of the bed. 

"But, Jae," Daehyun whispered, inching closer to Youngjae. "I need the universe."

Youngjae felt his cheeks grow warm. Daehyun was getting too close, but what was he supposed to do? 

This is stupid, Youngjae thought. He got out of bed, ignoring Daehyun's whines, and walked out of the bedroom. He wasn't in the mood to be felt up by a drunk person in the middle of the night. 

With nowhere left to go, Youngjae found himself wandering into the kitchen. Running a hand through his hair, he grabbed a cup from one of the cabinets, and poured water into it. 

"You're still awake?" Himchan asked, carrying the plates from the dining hall.

Youngjae jumped, nearly dropping his cup to the floor, and spun around to face Himchan. 

"Well, Daehyun's being annoying," Youngjae admitted. 

Something that closely resembled irritation flashed across Himchan's face, but was quickly replaced by knowing fondness. "Yeah, that's true."

"What, he's been drunk before?" Youngjae asked in astonishment. 

Himchan smiled as he remembered a time from the past. "It was a long time ago. I guess he thought it'd be cool to pretend to be like Yongguk, and drank an entire bottle of beer while Yongguk and I were planning our next raid or some ."

Youngjae waited for Himchan to continue, but at the same time, he didn't want him to. He stayed silent all the same. 

"When we found him, he was bouncing off the walls, shouting something about pools." Himchan laughed, and Youngjae found himself doing the same; Himchan had a very contagious laugh. 

Once the laughter had passed, however, an awkward atmosphere settled in between them. Youngjae took a sip of water while Himchan dumped the dirty plates into the sink. 

"Um, Youngjae," Himchan said, and Youngjae turned his head, "I know I said this already, but I'm sorry for being such an ."

Youngjae's eyes widened. He found himself speechless, too shocked to even reply. This was it. Himchan was finally beginning to trust him. 

"Don't just...stare at me like that!" Himchan exclaimed, looking away. "You're making me feel like an idiot."

Youngjae blinked. He probably looked stupid, staring at Himchan like a deer caught in the headlights. Taking a deep breath, he held out his hand towards Himchan. "I'm Yoo Youngjae."

Himchan looked at the hand, then at Youngjae with a puzzled expression on his face. "What?"

"I'm re-introducing myself," Youngjae replied with a smile. 

Himchan let out a laugh, but took Youngjae's hand anyway. "Kim Himchan."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Kim Himchan," Youngjae said, his smile only growing wider. 

"You're ridiculous," Himchan muttered, but there was a smile on his face as well. 

//

That next morning, Daehyun woke up with a groan. Youngjae turned to look at him, and let out an amused snort. 

"How's that hangover coming along?" Youngjae asked. 

"I feel like piss left out in the sun to dry," Daehyun moaned, rubbing his temples. "This is terrible."

Youngjae felt slightly bad for Daehyun's situation, but couldn't bring himself to fully care. "Glad to know you feel like urine."

"You're horrible," Daehyun complained. 

Youngjae looked at Daehyun, and smiled just before he walked out. 

"I'll get you something to eat."

"Thanks, Jae."

Youngjae paused before he closed the door behind him.


A/N: Ugh what was this chapter.

So Himchan's totally getting laid, but by who? Yongguk? Jongup? Maybe both? Does it matter? Well whatever. 

Anyway, this might seem really unimportant but okay, I just wanted to let you all know that I read and love and appreciate all your comments, but I don't reply to them all because I don't know how to reply. Please forgive this socially awkward person ; u ;

(I'm just grateful to have any readers at all bless you guys.)

Thanks for reading / subscribing / commenting~