Black Heart

THe Replacement + Black Heart (Daragon Version)

DISCLAIMER: THIS FANFIC IS A PRODUCT OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. SHE DOESN'T OWN THE CHARACTERS AND THE PLACES SHE USED HERE. THIS FIC IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. SHE IS JUST A SIMPLE FAN WHO WANTS TO PUT INTO WRITING HER DELUSIONAL IDEAS. COPYING OF THIS FIC IS PROHIBITED UNLESS BEING ALLOWED BY THE WRITER NEJA.





                                Black Heart












The message I received was succinct.


*YOUR NEXT TARGET IS SENATOR PARK’s DAUGHTER, SANDARA,… KILL HER WITH NO HESITATION.*


The rest of the message are the exact details of her schedule and a blow up picture. I do not ask questions. I do my job clean and complete. After memorizing the details I needed, I took my black bag hidden in my secret den and stuffed it with everything I need. I rode my bike to her first routine of the day and waited. I have this urge to study my subjects from afar. This is something I do, a kind of ritual before I take them down.


I did not wait too long and there she was on her stilettos wearing black skinny jeans, a red blouse and leaving her straight hair down. I look at the picture sent to me my eyes furrowed, she looks a lot different-a lot younger in person. She hops inside to the car that the valet brought to her probably parked at the basement of the hotel. My head tilt noticing she does not have a body guard……… hmmmm…brave. From all the threats her father was receiving how could she be so comfortable going alone? Dismissing my last thought, I mounted my bike and followed her.


Five minutes on the road, I still have not the chance to do my job when out of nowhere a black car suddenly appeared and cut her stopping just ten feet from her car. She steps on the break to keep the car from collision. It created a loud noise of the tires sudden halt. The smell of burned rubber filled the air. Nevertheless, I saw the person at the driver’s passenger side took a gun and aimed to the stunned girl. On impulse I withdraw mine hidden in my boots and shoot the man with the gun. Hit him straight to his forehead and took the driver who managed to get a single fire. I revved towards her after assessing that these two gunmen are not alone.


“Hop on!” I said. Her eyes are in wide terror.

“Hop on!!” I said again. Confused and shock she got out from the car. As soon as she’s settled immediately I speed to 140 mph making her clasp firmly on my waist. 



“T-thank you…….” She said to me.

Then realization dawned unto me, did I just save this girl? The girl I am supposed to kill?




=o=



“What happened ? Why did you kill the others..? Mr. Xi’s angry voice almost broke the speaker of my phone.

“I told you, I work alone..”

“ It was just a precaution in case you can’t finish this. Don’t you get it..?”

“Does ever my work becomes a problem to you Mr.Xi?”

“It has been 3mos. since you had your last assignment. You might be rusty now”

“I never thought you doubted me.”

“You can’t blame me. You suddenly disappeared. You gave me no choice here you know the consequences of what you did…”

“ I know….”

“ But you can still make up with this mess you made…”


“What do you mean…?”

“KILL THE GIRL! It would be easier for you since she is with you, right?”

I glanced at the girl sleeping on the couch my grip tightens on my phone. I could not answer Mr.Xi. I just couldn’t.

“Then…. I’d take your silence as a NO. You are really a waste. Good luck.” 



=o=


I am Jiyong. They call me the Black Heart because I never feel pity to my preys. I never regret pulling the trigger to someone’s head. However, what transpired today was unexpected. All I can think of when the guy aimed at her was she can’t die. What’s worst is I have turned against the group I’ve worked for 5 years. Nevertheless, I could not feel any regrets. I know they will ask someone to finish the job. I will just wait and let them try because I will be here to protect Sandara Park no matter what. Her life suddenly is much precious.

Three days had passed. Surprisingly she did not show any signs of panic. She acknowledged and understood what happened. Her father had received numerous death threats including his daughter’s life. Her father is an honest senator. The threats emanated when he exposed all the corruptions and illegal activities of other politicians and officials to the extent of putting her one and only daughter’s life in danger.


Dara already imagined that this day would come. However, what she pictured is different from what happened. She said she pictured herself dead, not being saved by someone who also wants to kill her.



“Why are you doing this?” She asks.


“Doing what?”


“Killing people..”


“It is just a job. Nothing personal…”


“Then why did you save me?”


I could not look at her. I have been asking that question to myself too. Why do I have this need to protect her?

“I-I don’t know…” I answered. She stared at me then moves closer to where I seated.

“I know…” She said touching my face with her soft hand. I could not move. I never felt like this before. I never made my emotions so vulnerable like now. It seems like I am an open book for her. First time in my life, that someone looks at me in the eye with no fear emanating from it. She is not scared of me.


Then she kissed me gently. The sensation is excruciating that I could not hold on anymore. I grab her head and we kissed. Our bodies molded like two pieces of a puzzle. Such bliss that I forgot what is waiting for us. All I can think of is the girl sleeping in my arms who taught my heart how to beat for love. I kiss her swollen lips and vowed that I will move heaven and earth just to keep her safe. 



=o=



Sandara is crying so hard. Mr.Xi’s men already surrounded us. I forced her to hide in a secret door intended only for one person this was customized for my escape in case something like this happens but my thoughts are only for her.


“NO!” She yelled at me, shocked of the reality that I am going to offer my life for her safety.


“Please Dara there is no time now you have to go in there.” My heart bleeds as her tears rain down on her cheeks. This is what I really feared the most. I do not want to be close to anybody because I am just going to put their lives in great danger.


“No! I am not going inside there if you are not coming with me!!!”


“I can’t jeopardize your life with my demons Sandara, I have to keep you safe no matter what…”


“No! How could I hide there when I know you are out here fighting with those goons! There are too many of them Jiyong are you trying to kill yourself?”


“I have to do what I have to do. I have to face them to keep them from coming near you….”

“No! God please no! Don’t do this to me…..I love you…..”


My heart leap a thousand times hearing this words from her…..I kiss her so deeply……in case if I die……I have this sweetest memory with me.


“Please understand you need to be safe. I’ve called your father the police will arrive any minute now. We can be rescued ok?” I said as I wiped her tears.


“W-what if they are too late and ….and something already happened to you? I can’t live without you ..!”


“Shhh…..nothing bad will happen to me….remember I am black heart….” I grab her shoulders and gently pushed her to the secret door.


“Please be careful for me…..?” She pleaded as she hugs me tightly.


“I promise…….” And I kiss her again.

After making sure that Sandara is safe, I went outside and faced the enemies. I already have taken down some but they are too many. My only thoughts are as long as I can hold this men back away from Sandara she will be safe. 


I run out of bullets, and I took one of the enemies’ weapons. I was firing left and right when I heard her scream. My sudden impulse is to run to her as quickly as I can. Even if I am wounded, it does not bother me at all. I was maneuvering to avoid the bullets as I run upstairs when I heard the sirens of the police outside the house and an exchange of gunshots immediately occurred. It was a relief. 


My heart sunk when I saw Sandara helpless in Mr. Xi’s hands.


“Jiyong!” She called out to me. My hands formed into fist.


“Leave her alone …..it is me you wanted!”


“Hahaha! You really think you are in the position to give orders now? I gave you a chance to clean your mess, but what did you do Black Heart? Did you fall in love with this girl?” 


“I said let her go!!”


“Uh-oh, sJiyong right there or her brain will come out right before your eyes!”


I cursed when I saw him point a gun to her head. Looking at her so scared made me feel scared for the first time. I have never felt so much of this need to take someone’s life until now….


“Don’t you dare hurt her! She is not who you wanted. Let her go now!”


“Tsk Tsk Tsk…..JIYONG you are getting soft eh? Just because of her?”


“Ahhhh!” Sandara shouted when he pulled her hand all the way to her back.


“I said let her go! Damn it!”

“ YAH! Stay where you are ! It is a pity that you had the chance but you did not take it, now I have to clean everything including you!” Pointing the gun now to me.

“No!!!” Sandara shouted her teary eyes on me. 

Sandara managed to let herself free from Mr.Xi’s grip and run to me. 



“ B A N G ! ! ! ! ! ! ” 



“UGH!!!!” 


I saw her falling down in front of me her face shock yet happy. She managed to whisper ‘Saranghae” as I caught her limp body before she reached the floor. She was shot badly.


“NOOOOO!” With all my strength, I pull my secret gun and aim for Mr.Xi, but he pulled the trigger first and hit me. However, I managed to shoot him back bulls eye before Sandara and I reached the floor. 




=============Meanwhile outside the house====================



SENATOR PARK


They don’t want me to come , they said it is too dangerous for me…..bull sh*t on that! My daughter is in that house…..hearing all the exchanging of gunshots I felt it sliced thru my heart. What if one of those bullets hit Dara? I will not forgive myself if something happened to her. Hiding inside this car, I feel a coward. I have to go out there…I have to be sure my baby is alright.


“Mr. Senator, I am sorry you can’t get out now it is too dangerous…” The police officer who was assigned to guard me sJiyongped me from getting out from the car.


“Do you feel what I feel officer? My daughter is in there! I just can’t sit here and wait…?!”


“I am sorry senator but I have my orders to keep you safe here…”


“Aaaaaissshttt! To hell with my safety, my daughter’s safety is much more important now…!”


“I am sorry but you have to stay here….”


I sighed defeated. I am useless. Mianhe baby, Daddy is useless now…. I could not keep myself from crying. 




===============Inside the house===================




“Hold your fire…! Hold your fire…!” The head of the SWAT team shouted.


“Sir we found the senator’s daughter inside the house she's with an unidentified male both wounded sir!” An officer reported to his head.


“Let the first aide treat them first call an ambulance they must be transported right away to the nearest hospital….Double time!!”



=o=



The bad guy wants to shoot Jiyong. No! With all my strength, I am able to free myself from his firm grasp. Immediately I run to Jiyong. Then I heard the loud sound of a gun. I suddenly feel a penetrating pain burn my back. My vision is blurry but I managed to come close to him and said I love you. I could feel his firm hold on my numb body, and the last thing I remember is his blood gushing from the shot he took ….No!!!... blackness…


“JIYONG!!!”…… 


“Baby…..you are safe now Daddy is here….”


Oblivious I opened my eyes and saw my father’s exhausted face. I am at the hospital.


“D-dad…? Where……How…..? Where is he?”


“H-hey calm down…..your wound is still fresh it might bleed if you move..”


“B-but Dad….JIYONG was hurt too…..where is he? Is He ok?”


“Now you rest first ok? “


“No! Dad….you are not answering my question. JIYONG…where is he?” I am on the verge of hysteria now. Daddy‘s expression is always the same when his hiding something. I know he knows something but he does not want to tell me. 


“Please Dad ….I want to see him now….where is he?”


“B-baby I am so sorry……h-he did not make it…”


My world is Jiyong and now He is gone. My brain is rejecting the information. My heart is officially denying what I heard...


“No…..no….it is not true …y-your lying…h-he is not…No!”


“Sandara please calm down…”


“No….he promised Daddy….h-he promised…!”


“Baby…I’m so sorry…..”


“No……..!” 



=o=



I woke up in a hospital bed. My wounded arm and leg have bandages already. I saw Senator Park near the window….. SANDARA!... Immediately I tried to stand but my wounds are still too fresh.



“Don’t move …..you are not totally healed yet..” I heard the senator said I don’t know what to say so I kept quiet and just look at him as he walk near to my bed.


“Are you the one who called me?”


“Yes sir..”


“I learned that you were hired at the beginning to eliminate my daughter…but you ended saving her instead…..why?”


“I don’t know exactly at first sir…. but later on I realized I’ve fallen in love with your daughter….”


“Does she know who you really are?”


“I am like an open book to her…….but she never took it against me…..instead she accepted me…….that made me love her more..”


“Arasso…..the mere fact that you risk your life for her is proof and I would like to thank you for saving her from those people…”


He extend his hand to me , I took it and we shake hands.


“Uhmm, sir can I ask how is she..?”


“She’s in the room next to your’s…….she’s finally recuperating now…..the doctors said there were complications but the medicine stopped it. However, she’s still unconscious. Do you want to see her?”


“I-if it is ok with you sir….”


“Of course boy, why would you think that I will not let you see her…?” 


“I-it is just that……….”


“No …..don’t think other things……because of you I still have my daughter now and I’ll be forever thankful for that…”


“T-thank you Sir…………..ahh..c-can I ask a favor sir….?


“By all means… What is it?”





=o=



I slowly open the door to her room. “Sandara……” I whispered the moment I saw her fragile body on that bed.



Slowly moving my wheelchair towards her bedside I couldn’t help blaming myself for what happened….I shouldn’t have left you……I should’ve stayed.



I carefully took her hand to my lips and kiss it gently. Then I cried for the first time. All this years I made myself numb from all emotional weaknesses …….I learn to make myself cold as steel. No one ever penetrated that barricade I shielded my heart….that’s why they named me Black Heart….. Only Sandara made me defenseless like this. She easily unleashed every emotions I decided to keep forever…….. 



“Sandara , mianhe……….I failed to protect you. You of all people, the only person in this world that made me feel important, the one who loved me of who I am and who I’m not. My life was a trash but you made me feel special. You made me feel the love I never had. You made me realize that life is a gift because of your existence I am finally whole. My lost soul finally found its salvation in you but I don’t deserve your pure heart Sandara you ended here because of me….”



I forced myself to stand and sit beside the bed. I lean closer to her to see her pale face sleeping calmly. Memorizing every detail of her.



“Saranghe…….I love you too much that I have to let you go……I have to do this because this is the right thing to do…….I know leaving you is the death of me…..but I would rather take that than to see you like this again….”


I kissed her sweet lips for the last time.




=o=



“Miss Sandara the senator said not to let you out of our sight. We are sorry that we can’t let you go alone…..”


“I just want to have fun without all of you surrounding me, ok? Now let me through….!” I shouted to the body guards Dad hired for me.


For 5 months, I lock myself from the world and mourned until I have no more tears to shed. Then just one morning I decided to go out. 


Every one was shock when they saw the changed me. I became wild and numb. I just want to forget everything. I felt my life is empty and pointless. I became vulgar of my actions. If I do not do this, I’ll end up being crazy of missing him so much. I know I am giving Daddy a hard time covering my actions but I need to forget him and this is my only way to escape the pain.


“Then we can’t let you go out. The Senator strictly instructed us to guard you. We are sorry..” And they close the door of my room.


Furious I took the bottle of wine I hid under my bed and drink all of it right from the bottle of which right away made me tipsy.


Ah! Do this jerks thought that they can stop me? Slowly opening the slide door to my veranda. Checking for roving guards…..coast is clear. Excited I took off my 4 inches stiletto and drop it below. Then starts to descend carefully on the wall where vine plants climb. Luckily, I made it unscathed...


I giggled as I reach the ground, picking my shoes and sneak to the gate barefooted.


“Ahh! Finally……free…..kekeke….” Walking fast in this deserted sidewalk where only notable people lives as I put on my stiletto. However, I can’t go to the club by just walking. I have to hitch someone’s car. So, I waited.


Lucky still in just a few seconds a car stop in front of me and open the passenger’s door. Without questions, I hop inside.



“Oh thank you please just drop me to the nearest club ok?” The uncle nodded and smiled. I settled at the seat feeling my eyelids getting heavier and decided to take a nap. 

“Please wake me up uncle if we are already there…..I’ll pay you….arasso..?”


“Ye….miss.” I heard he answered and I drifted right away to oblivion.


=o=


I woke up with the fresh smell of the sea. EH? Sea..? Since when I’ve decided to go at the beach? How long was I asleep then? The last thing I remembered I hitched with this uncle and ask him to wake me up but it is already morning now what happened? 


As I look around…everything are painted with white. The big curtains that covers the huge sliding doors which made a direct perfect view to the sea……..the white roses at the side table that adds more freshness in the ambiance…..this huge soft bed….Ommo! What did uncle do to me..?Is he some kind of a DOM? Did he mistaken me of a e? And, oh my GOD! Who changed my clothes? Omona!!!


I am wearing now a long creamy like nightdress. Trying to appease my confusion I slowly studied myself I feel nothing unusual with that in mind I slowly walk to the sliding doors and opened it. The scene is breathtaking I inhaled the fresh air coming from the sea. It felt weird because at this moment I feel happy and calm. I hug myself since its still cold and I’m starting to shiver. 


Then I remember JIYONG. Why he have to leave me this way? He gave me a promise but in the end he broke it. How I wish I can enjoy this moment with him. Does he know that I am suffering a lot because of his absence? Does he know that I died too the moment Daddy told me he did not make it..? 


“I hate you!!!” 

“You promised !!!”

“I hate you JIYONG!!!!”


I shouted those words to the sea and cried hard it is just all the emotions just suddenly came back. The pain, the sorrow, the anger everything rolled into one…….


“Who are you shouting for?”


Then I heard that familiar voice. A voice I could easily distinguish from a crowded noisy room. Am I hallucinating things now? Am I going crazy? Why am I hearing his voice ? It couldn’t be the uncle…..But I couldn’t let myself move or turn around…..what if this hallucination will end right away? Oh my God! I miss him so much that I could settle for anything just to be with him again…….I closed my eyes so hard to focus on the moment……trying hard not to make it vanish.


Then I felt someone wrap warm arms around my waist hugging me tightly from the back. It is his hug….I just know it. I can feel it.


“I missed you…”



It is his voice again. He whispered it to my ears sending goose bumps. I slowly opened my eyes, the arms are still there, everything is so real . Then it hit me, did I mistake the uncle to be JIYONG? Omona!! Thinking that I immediately turn around to face him…….. 


“How are you doing?”


“J-Jiyong!!!”


He kissed my nose and hugs me tightly pinning me in between the balustrade and him. 


“Y-your ……..?”


He stop me with his passionate kiss. Holding my face with both of his hands. This is really real….! We kissed like there was no tomorrow. Finally, we stopped when we run out of air.


“I missed you so much….” His hoarse voice made him sound ier.


“J-Jiyong….I-I thought you are….”


“Silly, I am black heart…remember? I don’t die easily…”


“B-but w-why….why did you do it?” Now my tears are starting to fall.


“Shhh……….I did it because I thought it was for the best. I was just not with you physically but I never left you Sandara….where ever you go I always followed you…there were times I want to drag you from those club you stayed but I strained myself from doing it……but watching you last night trying to escape from your guards and drunk, I just couldn’t hold on anymore…”


“Don’t you know that I suffered a lot because you did that..?” I punch him because of leaving me like that and pretending to me that his dead. He just let me do it until I got tired.


“I know….I am so sorry about it. My heart also never seize bleeding every time I see you like that….please forgive me….?” Hugging me again.


“Did you ask my Dad to say those things to me..?


“Yeah…I did. Please don’t get mad at him ok?”


“So…the uncle…who was he?”


“I just paid him to pick you….and when you doze off we switched and I brought you here…”


“Gaah! I really hate you for doing this to me….!” I tried to escape from his hug but he hold on to me making me hard to move.


“Uh-oh…from now onwards we will never part again SANDARA PARK..”


“Now there you are again with your cheap promises. I don’t believe you anymore…”


“No it is not just a promise…this is a vow only for you…”He was about to kiss me again when I remembered something.



“YAH! Who change my clothes…?” His eyes right away burn with passion as he whispered to me.


“I did…..”



Without letting me answer him, he sealed my lips with his kiss and carried me back inside the room. I did not question him anymore because from now on BLACK HEART belongs to me forever.








                                                Finished!!!!





A/N: Hullo! Finding myself re-writing this fic for Daragon kkk. Please comment if you like it. Thanks!