The Villain

Speaks to Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14 is here! Please let me know your thoughts in the comment box below. Your feedbacks are the ones that keep me going. They mean a lot to me. Hope you'd like this one. Enjoy!

 

 

Jiyong's House

7 PM

 

What is she doing here?

 

Uee still remembers vividly how Jiyong kicked her out of his house — or when he clearly stated he no longer wanted to see her face ever again.

 

So what is she doing inside his place right now?

 

Why is she having dinner with the cause of her broken heart?

 

The woman steals glances at the man who is enjoying his food in front of her a couple of times. Ever since they arrived at his place, they have not said anything to each other and it has been almost one freaking hour. The desire to break the ice is so real yet she has no courage to actually start a conversation with him.

 

So there she is, quietly eating some sushi that he ordered for the two of them. Indeed, she has been trying to act cool though her heart is beating like crazy. Her nerves have successfully taking control of her. 'Please act natural, please act natural' she keeps chanting in her head.

 

"How have you been?"

 

Oh .

 

He IS talking to HER.

 

Swallowing the food, she mumbles a soft "I've been okay".

 

Damn, talk about the extreme level of awkwardness.

 

Jiyong nods his head before he continues to shove sushi rolls into his mouth. After he swallowed down the remaining piece of his, he drinks his water until it is half-full and fixes his eyes on the girl who still looks overly nervous. Him staring at her only makes everything much worse.

 

"What were you doing at the hospital today?" he asks question number two, hoping for a longer answer.

 

Uee takes a deep breath. "I was paying my little cousin a visit. He's been suffering from heart failure, that's why I was in the area when I saw you walking out from one of the rooms. Frankly speaking, I know that area really well. You have no idea how surprised I was when I caught a glimpse of you.." she puts down her chopsticks whilst looking up, wanting to receive an explanation from the householder.

 

A long sigh comes out of his mouth, you can hear him say a subtle "". He knows everything will surely be more complicated from now onwards. He knows Kim Yoojin. That woman is a snake, she cannot be trusted. Even if he tells her not to say any word about his illness, he is certain she would. By the end of the week, his boys would find out.

 

But then again, she already found out.

 

He is now left with no choice but to explain his condition to her and pray she would not tell anyone.

 

Doubtful.

 

"I've been suffering from coronary heart so now I'm waiting for a donor so that I can undergo the surgery. If it's a success, I'll continue to live my life but if it fails.. poof," Jiyong emits a bitter laugh. He doesn't know which is worse, dying or living.

 

Uee shows a worried face. She literally had ual s with this man for years yet she never suspected anything, not even once. It was either Jiyong who was too good at putting a facade or she was just too full of herself she did not pay much attention to his well-being. She was showing a lot of affections towards him in the past but it probably was nowhere near enough.

 

How foolish.

 

"It will be okay, Ji. Everything will be okay. The doctors will find you a donor and the surgery will go just fine. You will be fine, please don't stress yourself out because of this matter. I know it's difficult not to but at least you gotta try it." Nobody knows whether she said that to calm himself down or to calm herself. As much as he despises her, Uee has to admit she is still very much in love with him. She refuses to imagine the worst case scenario.

 

The Dragon needs to stay alive.

 

Why does she care? Jiyong thought. Even up until now, he never believes her feelings towards him are sincere. Even after she apologized for everything, he is still unsure. His mind keeps telling him that Uee has never loved him — it's obsession.

 

That y bombshell is crazy.

 

Instead of talking back, however, the male decides to stay silent. He begins to realize how big the mistake he has just made by taking her into his house. He should have ignored her, like how he used to do for years after graduation day. It came across his mind when he met her earlier that he wanted to start over with her, he thought maybe they could be friends. Maybe he was wrong.

 

"How did your friends react to this news? Have they been reminding you to take care of yourself and consume your meds?" the woman asks, cluelessly.

 

Now The Dragon is contemplating. If he lies, there is a possibility she would come across one of his friends and ask them about his condition. If he tells her the truth, she would spill everything to them.

 

Nothing but death.

 

Noticing his face turning cold, Uee quickly changes the topic. "It's none of my business, you don't have to tell me. Let's talk about something else instead, things that you like," she flashes a huge grin.

 

"Kim Taeyeon?"

 

Uee is stunned. She lost to Tiffany Hwang once and now she has just lost to Kim Taeyeon. She understands really well she will not have a chance to be loved by him but still — he shouldn't have blurted that out right in front of her salad.

 

It was too much.

 

It was too harsh.

 

Even for a so-called like her.

 

"I see.." she mutters inaudibly. "I mean, if you like her so much then I don't mind us talking about her. Besides, it's been long since I heard about her."

 

She deserves a big round of applause for saying that. It must have been piercing to hear him mention Taeyeon's name yet there she was, actually stating she would not mind talking about her rival. Wait, they can't be called rivals because Uee knows she is nowhere near that other woman — Jiyong never even considers her and she should have known better.

 

Jiyong notices his guest becoming even more uneasy. He probably should not have said that. He admits he kind of went overboard just now and what he was saying was plainly rude and heartless. But then again, she should have known better.

 

"Why was it so easy for you to tell me you loved me? Did you even actually love me?" To tell the truth, the man has been having a low self-esteem lately, pretty much due to being rejected by not only his campus sweetheart but also the love of his life — at least that's what he wants to believe.

 

Pathetic, isn't he?

 

Now he is trying to use the clueless Kim Yoojin to boost up his pride.

 

When will you stop being a jerk, Kwon Jiyong?

 

Uee takes another sip of her water before curling a little smile. Not gonna lie, she is pretty. Too bad her attitude outshines that big time. "I do love you, even after all this time," she begins. "After you kicked me out of your place that day, I cried for weeks. I knew you were never thinking highly of me but I never thought you would be that heartless.." she chuckled.

 

Jiyong stays silent, actually paying attention to the woman.

 

"I know what I did to both Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang was unscrupulous and everything I did was likely unacceptable but in my defense, I was not the only bully out there. In high school, in uni, bullies always exist. I'm not trying to justify my wrong behavior yet what I'm trying to say is that every person deserves a second chance, don't you think?" she spoke so fast to the point she is almost out of breath right now. "I had my own reasons, Jiyong. And for you to defend them without hearing my explanation was wrong, too. I understand I was nothing compared to them, I was nobody in your eyes, but that was just — unfair."

 

"What were your reasons then?" he calmly asks, trying to ignore the fact that she is about to burst into tears.

 

She basically is just trying her best to hold back the tears from coming at this point, hoping she would not choke while explaining everything to him from her point of view. "I was never loved by anyone in my whole life. My so-called father left my mother when he found out she was pregnant with me and my mother had never paid attention to me ever since I was born. I was being a rebel so that I could get her attention but it was all in vain, she never cared. I ed a bunch of guys — sometimes girls because at least by doing that I could get their attention even if it was only in bed, even if it was only for y times. I didn't care about my well-being, I lived recklessly in order to fulfill my need of affections yet nothing worked out until-" she stops for a brief moment to catch a breath. "Until I met you."

 

"You may be a jerk but you were definitely the most gentle and the sweetest jerk I had ever met in my life. Although we were only buddies, you treated me so well after every ual interaction that we did. You always asked whether your hurt me and whether I enjoyed it or not. You even treated me with food and cuddled me to sleep but you always treated me like trash whenever Kim Taeyeon was around. You ignored me for months after you started dating Tiffany Hwang. You forgot I existed, you forgot I was the one keeping you company almost every night, you forgot the fact that even if we were only buddies, I never left you all alone. That's why I went berserk. What I believed back then, those girls took you away from me and they even made you unappreciative towards me."

 

Jiyong parts his lips slightly though he quickly closes them up again. He didn't think things would get this serious. When she was with him, she too, ed numerous men. He was never specialized. Therefore, it's funny to hear her say he hurt her feelings out of the blue.

 

"Look, you had no reason to be upset. I was never yours to begin with. Besides, I wasn't the only person you ed so don't act all mushy ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter