Christmas Party

He Changed, I changed

 

 

 

“Eun Mi-ah, are your friends here yet?” your mom asked from the kitchen, preparing some food. 
The house was filled with the smell of hot pepper soup, cookies and freshly baked homemade pizza. Your dad set up the ping pong table if any one of your friends wanted to play. Your parents were a little astonished when 12 handsome boys decided to show up in front of your house the morning before the party. 
Mari was the first one to come over to your house, carrying a bag of drinks and kimbap from her uncles restaurant. 

“Omma, it’s only 5 pm, the party doesn’t start until 6!” you told her while setting up the tables. 
You, along with Mari carried an extra table from the storage room and connected it with the table you already have, creating a long table.

“That’ll be enough for around 20 people,” you dusted your hands. 
“Hey, does Sehun really live a few houses away from you?” Mari tapped your shoulder. 
You nodded quickly, knowing that she’ll ask sooner or later. 

Mari pouted, “You’re so lucky~ Can I move in with you?” 
All you did was laugh.
“What should I tell your overprotective uncle? That you moved in with me because you wanted to be near the guy you really like?”
“Oh.. He won’t be happy hearing that.” 


When you two just finished the talk about Sehun, the door bell rang. And it was no other than Sehun of course.

“Sehun-oppa! You’re here early,” you opened the door revealing Sehun wearing a bright red sweater and beanie. Sehun’s cheeks started to show a light pink tint when you called him oppa.
“Are you sick?” You touched his forehead. 
He shook his head, “Aniyo. It’s not like that.” 

“Oh! Sehun-ah! You’re here early!” your dad said.
He bowed his head slightly, “Annyeonghaseo abeonim. My walk here is only a minute away so why not come early and help out?” 
“That’s right, why won’t you help me set up the ping pong table?” 
“Yeh,” 

“Sehun oppa, annyeong!” Mari shyly smiled at him. 
All he did was nodded, “Hello Mari.” and headed to help your dad. 
Her expression saddened and you patted her back. “He’ll notice you someday.” you whispered.
She nodded, “…right….” 


 

 

 

Sehun’s POV


 

 

 

This was the first time I ever walked into her house. The other times were only standing outside the door or the front gate. 
The interior was really spacious and neat. Just what I like. 
The smell of the food went right straight into my nose and saliva started to form inside my mouth. The smell, I can’t even find the right words to describe it. 

“Do you like to play ping pong?” Eun Mi’s dad asked me when we were setting up the table. 
I nodded, “I used to play it a lot when I was a kid with my dad.” 
“And do you still?” 
I shook my head, “He’s busy working everyday.” 
He nodded, understanding, “Why won’t you play with me later? I was quite the champion back then.” 
I smiled. It has been so long since I played a game with my dad. Eun Mi’s dad had the fatherly aura that I have longed so much.
“I would be honored to play with you.” 

After setting up the ping pong table and moving a couple chairs, I headed outside the front lawn to get some fresh air. 

“Eun Mi! you’re setting the dishes all wrong!” I heard her mom tell her from inside the house. 
“Omma! Give me some slack! I’ve never done this before!” 

I laughed at how great the great relationship she had with her mom. 
My head turned to the direction of my house and sighed.
“If only my parents were like that. All the do is work, work, and work. What happened to the time when you would always play with your only son?” 


“Sehun-ah!” a voice said my name. 
I turned to the direction of the voice. “Luhan!” 
We came and gave each other a hug.
“You’re here early man,” Luhan said. 
“I just live over there! ….. Did you get something?” I whispered. 
He slapped my arm, “Of course! Everyone did,” 

“Oh! Luhan oppa! You’re here! Come in,” Eun Mi said coming outside the door. 
“Come back in to Sehun-oppa! My dad needs your help again.” 


~~


 

In the next half hour, the boys started to arrive one by one. Everyone wearing something red. Of course, it’s Christmas Eve. 
The clock showed that it was 5:50 and there still was no sign of Chanyeol anywhere.

“Where is that giant?” you said. 
Everyone was gathered around the living room, sitting comfortably on the couches , enjoying the movie Home Alone. 

There was only a couple of more minutes until it strike 6 and the door bell suddenly rang. Automatically, you knew who it was and unlocked the door. 

“Park Chanyeol! Why are you late?” you said removing his scarf. 
“I’m not late!” Chanyeol looked at his watch. “There’s only… 3 more minutes until 6.” 

“Your parents aren’t here?” your mom asked. 
He shook his head, “ They have dinner with their friends.” 

“You barely made it bro, you look like you’re running out of breath, what happened?” Kris asked. 
“Jung Sung Mi-” 
“Oh, no need to explain. We all got it the moment you said her name,” Baekhyun cut him off. 

“What are you kids waiting for? Dig in!” your dad smiled. 
“Deh! Kamsamnida abeonim, eomeonim!” 


You, Mari, and your parents watched all 12 of them with mouths hanged open gobble down the food on their plates. 

“They never eat like this at school…” Mari said slowly, mouth still hanged open. 
“Are they really that hungry?” your dad looked at each and every one of them.
“They must’ve starved themselves today,” your mom laughed. 

“Eomeonim! This is great! Teach me your ways,” D.O. said chewing on his food. 

Within minutes, the plates in front of them were cleaned completely. 
In unison, they held up their plates, “Seconds please!” 

After an hour of eating, you all headed to the living room and Chen, yet again, got you all to play a game. 

It’s called, which two has the most in common game. 

“Of course that’ll be gege and me,” Tao said nudging Kris. 
“Nooo, it’ll be me and Sehun! Do you know what the female students call us? HunHan!” Luhan said. 
“Do you know what the female students call us? BaekYeol!” Baekhyun came over to Chanyeol. 

“Aish, we’ll see! We’ll see!” Kai said. “Let’s play.” 

“Okay, how about Sehun, Mari, Eun Mi and Chanyeol first?” Chen said. 

The four of you sat face to face. You facing Sehun and Mari facing Chanyeol.

“First question! Favorite drink!”

“Bubble tea!/Coffee!/Bubble tea!/Water!” 
Everyone’s eyes turned to you. 
“Water?” Chanyeol groaned. “Really?” 
“It’s healthy!” you said crossing your arms. 
 
“Well… Sehun and Mari has 1 point for having one thing in common, bubble tea!” Chen announced. 

An hour later and the game was still going. It was definitely true, Tao and Kris won. 
Second place went to surprisingly Sehun and Mari. You could feel that she was overflowing with happiness. 
And Sehun, well, you couldn’t really read what expression he had on his face. 
Was it happiness? Or disappointment? Or a hint of both? 

Then, they officially ended the game with giving each other Christmas presents. Without any help from Mari this time, you took out 13 boxes from under the Christmas tree and handed it to each and every one of them. 

When you all handed it out, each of them still had one more box with them. 
“You still have more?” you said. 

“Eun Mi,” Lay started. 
“What is it oppa?” you asked. 

The boys and Mari nodded at each other. 

“Happy Birthday!” they smiled in unison. 
You looked at them, stunned. “Mwoya, who told you-”
“It was me,” Mari said shyly. “It kind of slipped out of my mouth.” 

They started to give their presents to you one by one and you opening it up. 
1 present opened to 2 opened to 3 and so forth. Your smile became wider, which was still a pretty rare sight for them, even to your parents who were sitting at the dinner table, smiling to each other. 

“Guys, I have to go, my parents just called,” Chanyeol said showing everyone his phone. 
“Oh…. Goodnight Chanyeol! See you later,” Xiumin waved. 
Chanyeol headed out the door, not forgetting to say goodbye to your parents and give you a tight hug.
You did not react like last time when he tried to hug you. He has been hugging you a lot lately ever since his birthday party. You had to question him, does he like physical contact or something? 
A couple minutes after, Chaneyeol opened the door and left, and you resumed opening your presents. 

The clock now showed that it was 11 pm at night and the boys started to get ready to head home. 
The good boys they are, they quickly tidied up the house first and then headed home. 
“See you at school,” they said waving before heading down the street. It now leaves only you and Sehun outside. 

“It’s late Sehun, you should head home,”  you said opening the gates for him. 
“Eun Mi,” Sehun said grabbing hold of your wrists. 

You cocked your head to the side, “What is it?” 
Sehun hesitated for a bit but then took out a small box from his coat pocket, “For you.”
You looked at it and then to him, “another one?” 
You grabbed hold of it and opened it, revealing a silver necklace with a round design that looked like wind. 
“This… is so beautiful.. “ you gently touched it with your fingers.
“Do you want me to put it on for you?” He asked and you simply nodded. 
You turned around and Sehun wrapped his arms around you to put on the necklace. 

Sehun pushed your hair to the side revealing your pale white neck which caused him to hesitate and looked at it for a while. But he soon composed himself and put it on. 
“Done.” he said and you turned back around and smiled. 
“Does it look good?” you asked.
All Sehun could do was stare at you, nodding slowly. 
Something caught his eyes on something suddenly and he looked up. 
His eyes then turned back to you and he gave you a hug. 

 

“Sehun….” you gasped. 
“I…. have something to say……” he whispered in your ear. 
“W-what is it what you want to say?” you said slowly. 
Sehun’s eyes looked at what’s in front of him again and he slowly released the hug and without warning, he abruptly went in and gently kissed you on the lips. 

 

 

Your eyes widened and you tried to push him away but your hands gave way. 
Then you heard a sound of something dropped on the ground and you broke the sudden kiss, turning around.
But Sehun was quicker and turned you back ground, only to give you another kiss on your soft lips. 

“Eun Mi……..” Sehun sofly said your name when he broke the kiss. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I……….I like you.” 

 

 

Little did you know... behind you. the person that Sehun was staring at, stood Chanyeol, utterly speechless. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay, Okay, Okay. Yeah... Uh... Uhm.. Yeah. Ahahaha. Hope you all enjoyed it ^^ I'm glad if you did. 

Ahhhh~~~~ I know~~~~ I added a kiss scene...  A DOUBLE ONE! 

Well... LOL. 

Thank you for these wonderful lovelies for subscribing and/ or upvoting! 

Bishounenirl1, Babyz36, luvinlife_gal, and LoveChen

Oh! And i couldn't hold it on any longer.. so.... i released it. Another fanfic now featuring Chen! Yup Yupppers. Please check it out if you have time! 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/678553/who-am-i-to-you-angst-you-chen

Please look forward to the next chapter and don't forget to check out my new one and tell me what you think about it! Just putting it out, you guys are my motivation ^^

-Your bubbly author