Birthday party

He Changed, I changed


 

 

 

 

The next few days passed like wind. Your mind kept leaning on what to get for him rather than focusing in class.
What should I get him?
Will he like it?
What if he doesn’t like it?
It was the first time that you’re going to gift someone something so of course you were worried. 

You looked at the guys and they seem like they’re worried free. In fact, their faces look like they don’t even care.

 

Hey, what are you going to get Chanyeol as a birthday present? you texted Kris.
You waited for his reply. 

Just going to find something around the house and make it look pretty. 


You rolled your eyes.
Some friend you are  

Your kidding right? 

Of course I’m kidding. I bought something. You’ll know later. 


 

Later… that’s right. Today is the day of the party. Saturday. And you still don’t have a present yet. Good thing the party isn’t until 6 o’clock. The time right now is still nine in the morning so you have plenty of time. 

 

You went towards your closet and rummaged through your clothes. 
There’s nothing good to wear….

You shook your head and laughed, “Since when did I worried about my appearance?”

You found the outfit that your mom arranged for you back then when you had the photoshoot.
Obviously, you’re not going to wear that again. 

Frustrated, a feeling that you rarely feel, you whipped out your phone from your pocket and dialed a number. 

 

“Yeoboseyo?”
“Mari-ah,” 
“Oh! Eun Mi! What is it?” 
“I need you to help me find a present for Chanyeol….” 
You turned your head towards your closet.
“And some new clothes.” 

 

 

 


 

“This is rare, you never ask me to do these kind of stuff before.” Mari playfully slapped your arm. 
You had to agree, “I know. Guess coming back to Seoul changed me a bit.” 

Both of you walked a couple stores, looking at the windows, searching for a perfect gift for Chanyeol. 

“What do boys like anyway?” you yawned looking around a store you just entered. 
“Clothes, shoes, hats? Come on Eun Mi, you gotta know from the past experiences with-” 
Mari suddenly stopped talking and covered . 
“Bian.”
You easily shook it off, “It’s okay.” 

“How about giving him something memorable? He’s an adult now. Something that he can keep in his life forever?” Mari suggested. 

“How sweet,” you laughed. “But you know I’m not that type.” 
But in your mind, you really did seriously thought about it. 

Going through a couple of more stores, you decided to get him a simple denim shirt which was also approved by Mari. 

“That’ll be 30,000 won miss,” the cashier said. 
You paid him the exact amount and exited the store with a new thing on your mind. 
Now, time for my clothes. 

Finding your clothes was easy, despite your height, standing at 155 cm tall. You had long slender legs which makes it easy to look good in dresses. But you‘re…… not quite the type to be wearing dresses during winter. 

In the end, you bought something casual that wasn’t really that expensive. It suited your taste and also, wasn’t to pricy. Perfect. 


You thanked Mari and waved her goodbye and went back home. To your surprise, your parents found out that you were going to Chanyeol’s house for the party so….. Your parents wanted to come along. 
And who was the person who told them? 

“The handsome guy you were talking about! Sehun! He asked me if you were home so he can bring you to Chanyeol’s house! Isn’t he so sweet?” your mom squealed. 

“Where’s Sehun now?” you asked.
“He went back home. I told him to come back within an hour so we can all go together!” 

Great you thought. 

 

You headed upstairs and started carefully wrapping up Chanyeol’s gift. 
Something memorable… 

 

The time on your phone showed that it was already 5:30 pm. 

“Time sure flies quickly,” you sighed and started changing into your new bought clothes. 
 

tumblr_mstvmeGja31qdv4cpo1_500.png

 

 

A girl needs to be pretty sometimes right?

 

 

Since you had a little bit more time, you applied light foundation, concealer and mascara on your lashes and put on some light pink tint on your lips. 

“Good enough,” you grinned. The bell suddenly rang and you knew right away that was Sehun. Not wanting to hear your mom’s voice yelling from downstairs, you quickly grabbed Chanyeol’s presents and ran downstairs. 

“Ready to go?” your dad asked you. You nodded.
“I can’t wait to see Minhyuk and Soh-Hee again! (Chanyeol’s Parents)  Lets go!” your mom smiled, walking out the door. 

“Did you apply some makeup?” Sehun nudged your arm.
“Yeah why. Is it not pretty? I don’t really do it often…” you touched your cheek. 

“Aniyo, you look fine,” Sehun laughed. You look beyond beautiful. 


 

 

The walk to Chanyeol’s house was weird… as always it was your parents. 
Sehun how do you take care of your skin? You’re so handsome! How did you and Eun Mi meet? What do you think of our daughter?

Oh mom…

 

 

When you arrived, you and your parents had your mouths wide open. Chanyeol’s house basically had the words RICH written all over. It had a big, green lawn with marble walkways. The house was big and white that had soft yellow lights radiating from inside the house. It even has a pool! The only words that can escape from your mouth was “Wow.” 

 

Beautiful-Houses-Week32_E4-House-by-DADA

 

 

“Park Soh-Hee!” 

 

 

 

“Kim NaYeon!” 

 

Both mothers hugged while the fathers did their… fist bumps….. You know.. What guys do. 

 

“How’s work?” your mom asked. 
“It’s been great, I’m still CEO of the fashion designing company. You?” 
“I’m still going around with my husband! Helping out with his judge duties. I don’t have a job.” 
“Then you should join me! We can design stuff together!”
“That would be a dream come true. See Eun Mi! Omma is going to become a fashion designer!” 

You rolled your eyes. 

“Omo, Eun Mi has grown up! She’s beautiful. Just like your mom.” 
“Annyeonghaseo eomeonim.” you bowed. 


“Still working as a judge for the Supreme Court?” Chanyeol’s father asked.
Your dad nodded, “Still CEO of the travel and tour company?”
“Yup, and my Chanyeol is going to inherit it of course.” 


 

You walked around the house, accompanied by Sehun, wowing everything, even every inch of the house. 
Xiumin, Tao, Luhan, Kris, Kai, Lay, Baekhyun, Chen, D.O, and Mari were already here doing the last minute decorations. 
Suho was out with Chanyeol, distracting him and not letting him to near his house. Sehun had to you so he didn’t follow along with Suho. 


 

“I just got a text from Suho! They’re coming this way!” Kai said loud enough so everyone could hear. 
You quickly went around to find a perfect hiding spot. Chanyeol’s mom went towards the light switched and turned if off. 
You all hid, waiting silently.
For minutes, all of you didn’t hear the door opening yet. When is he coming? 

Exactly then, Chanyeol opened the door.
“Omma! Appa! I’m home! Why is it so dark?” said the birthday boy. 

 

1,2,3

 

Right then, Chanyeol’s mom turned the light back on and in unison you all jumped up.
“Surprise!” 

Chanyeol had a shocked expression mixed with happiness in his eyes. His face clearly showed it. The sides of his mouth literary went all the way back to his ears. 
Kris took out the cake and lit up the candles.

 

Happy Birthday to you, 
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Chanyeollllllllll
Happy birthday to you!

 

We all clapped and Chanyeol blew out the candles hugging each and everyone of you. 
“Thank you guys,” 

 

As in regular birthday party or any party, you ate and had fun. There were pizza, soft drinks- no alcohol okay? Chips and all that.
Yours and his parents went to who knows and did their talk. 
After an hour of eating, it was time to open presents. 

 

Some gifted hats and shirts. Baekhyun and Chen bought clothes. Kai and Sehun bought him mouthwash and… band aids…. Hm.. 
Kris… sigh.. Kris. Well, the first thing that Chanyeol took out was a black t-shirt. The second thing that he took out was a pair of yellow underwear… interesting… 

 

“Thanks… Kris. I love it. How did you know that I needed new underwear.. In yellow?” Chanyeol laughed. 


The party went on like that. You were getting stuffy, so you found your way towards the backyard and sat on the swings. 

 

 

“Eun Mi!” you heard Chanyeol called your name.
“What is it?” you looked at him.
Chanyeol sat next to you and on the swing, “What’s your first impression of the house?” 
You laughed, “Very different from your old house back then. What made you move?”
He gave you the “duh” look, “We got more money of course.” 
He spread out his palms and looked at you, “Where’s my present?” 

 

“I didn’t get you one.” You said.
“What?” 
“I figured, since you could afford a house like this, then you could buy anything you want so…. I didn’t get you one.” 
His eyes started to show disappointment and sadness.
You laughed, “I was only joking. Here.” 
You passed him his carefully wrapped present. 
He took out the denim shirt and his face lightened up back to normal.
“This is so pretty. Thanks Eun Mi~ oh, theres one more thing in here.”

 

You looked at him in worry. Good thing he liked about the first present.. But what about the second?
He took out a framed picture of you and him when you were kids and looked at me confused.
“I wanted to give you something what you could have forever. So why not a picture frame. I didn’t want to make it look dull so I added a picture of us when we were kids.” you said. 
“I love it.” Chanyeol smiled and took out his camera. 
“Lets take a picture and I’ll replace it.” 
Chanyeol raised up the camera and took a picture of you and him.
“Cheese.” 

“Good! You smiled!” Chanyeol said putting two thumbs up. 

 

He then to begin swinging the wooden swing that you and him were sitting on, stretching his legs at the same time and you did too. 

 

“Whoa, compare my legs to yours. I now notice that you’re pretty short,” Chanyeol joked. 
You glared at him, “155 cm isn’t that….. Short…” 
“155? I’m 185 cm!” Chanyeol laughed standing up. “Stand up for me.” 
You disagreed at first but then eventually gave in when Chanyeol did some ridiculous aegyo.
“I’m basically towering you!” he laughed, hugging your short, small body. 

“I have something to say…” you said slowly. 
“What is it?” 
“I guess…. I started talking a lot more when I met you.. “
“Yeah. You talk non stop now, and more positive too.” 
“I just want to say thank you.” 
Chanyeol broke the hug and he smiled widely. 

“Hey, no problem! I’m glad that we finally met again after so many years!”

You smiled, brighter than ever which made Chanyeol look at you straight in the eye.
“Whats wrong? Lets go back inside.” you said.
“Uh… lets go back in.” 

 

Eun Mi…. is it bad to say? 

 

Chanyeol looked at the back of your body. Your black hair was swaying back and forth and it was the first time that he noticed your small framed body.

 

Eun Mi… Do I like you? 

 

 

From the corner of the house, unnoticed, Sehun was standing there listening to the whole conversation. 

The way he looks at her, the way he smiles at her, the way he can talk so comfortably at her…. I’m jealous 

The hug that you and Chanyeol shared had a pang in Sehun’s heart.

 

“It hurts…” 


 

 

“Sehun oppa! That’s where you are! Come back inside!” Mari said to Sehun.
“Sorry Mari, say to everyone that I’m heading home first,” Sehun said, walking past Mari. 
“Oh… okay..” Mari whispered turning around and trying to see what Sehun saw. And it turns out that Sehun was looking at you and Chanyeol. Frowning, Mari headed back inside. 


 

Sehun slowly walked down the street to his house, replaying your conversation. 

 

He stopped walking and leaned against the brick wall. 

 

 

“I can’t take this anymore.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello~~~~~~ Greetings~~~~ this is the 20th chapter i hope you enjoyed it and i'm glad if you did ^^

Thank you for these lovelys for subscribing and/or upvoting : 

Swerve588, ruthysweet, meryljill, Tamjong, bubble_tealover, kiseonni11, and HanHyunYoo

Saranghae~ 

Oh yeah, just a random question... who suffers from being short here? Well... being short do have their advantages but... where i live... i'm basically a midget. *Looks up real high* "Hello!" Yeah... uhm.. okay. LOL. Fun fact of the day, your author is really short. LOLOl 

Well, hope you all have a wonderful day/night

Please look forward to the next chapter!

-Your bubby author