Chapter Four

Secret of the Spirit

Chapter Four

    Several years had passed, and the innocent angel grew into a loved beauty - however, because of this inner and outer prettiness, he formed a suitor that was unexpected in his situation.

    “Dad, I’m headed out!” He called with his hand upon the doorknob. There was a hectic scrambling behind closed doors before the strange man burst from his office and enveloped his boy in a bear-like hug. Surprisingly, over the years his appearance hadn’t changed - He was still the mysteriously attractive 20 year old that the boy had met fifteen ears prior, gathering the attentions of all women who passed him hesitantly by. But they were not the only ones who had been affected by the handsome man’s looks.

    Jaejoong blushed as he wrapped his arms nervously around his neck, until a moment passed and he tightened his hold, burying his face in the slightly taller’s shoulder. He couldn’t tell anyone about his feelings - they would think he was a freak... that he was messed up. It wasn’t right for a son to think of their parent in those... ways. And yet, at times like this, he wished...

    “Go on, you’ll be late for school,” Yunho murmured after clearing his throat and stepping back, “text or call me if you’re going anywhere after school, okay?” He had already turned his back to return to his study when he had finished speaking, waiting for an answer. The teen lowered his head.

    “Okay...” He left the room before his cheeks became even more of a fiery red, hoping that what he had planned with his best friend would get his mind off of his raging hormones. What? He could be a rebel, too.

~*~

    “I’m psyched to see the sequel!” A brunette boy with an adorable giggle exclaimed with an excited clap of his hands. Jaejoong walked beside him with an amused smile, fixing the clasps of his jacket. He wasn’t a big fan of vampires, so he didn’t like the movie much.

    “You’re being quiet tonight, something on your mind?” Changmin frowned at his friend in concern, and the long haired boy looked back at him with a mixture of emotions.

    He was tempted to tell his best friend of what was going on in his heart, when he was interrupted by the sight of something... rather peculiar. As he had been looking at his friend, something in their reflection of the scraper they stood beside caught his attention. There was another boy with them, one that looked menacing and out of place. But when he looked behind himself, no one was there. Odd, he grimaced, mouth beginning to grow dry.

    “Min...” He murmured, reaching out and resting a shaking hand on the other boy’s shoulder, “Do you see that?”

    Changmin turned and looked at their reflection, only to get a further worried look on his face. “Jae, maybe I should take you-”

    “Sorry Min, gotta go!” He called, already hurrying back down the way they came as he followed the reflection walk quite quickly away. Stopping once he reached an alleyway, he looked around and swallowed down a lump. If a predator was going to come out at any time... He wouldn’t know what to do or how to protect himself. Besides screaming. Which wouldn’t exactly be very effective depending on the route of attack that his opponent took.

    “What are you?” A male voice asked and the boy turned sharply around.

    “I should be asking you that!”

    “How can you see me?”

    “I don’t know, answer my questions first and maybe I’ll answer yours!”

    “Alright. Shoot.”

    “Why are you in my room at night?!”
    
    “So that you have something pleasant to dream about.”

    “Eh?” The question had actually been a lie, but the serious answer kind of creeped him out.

    “Do you know what the runes are?”

    “ ‘Runes’?”
    
    “The ones you see in your dreams. The ones you draw absentmindedly.” He raised an arm and his leather sleeve fell down a bit.

    The boy snatched his wrist and analyzed the tattooed symbol with a befuddled pout.

    “What is this?”

    “You need to come with me.”

    “But I-” The boy’s phone rang and he sighed softly, questions bubbling in his mind though he pulled out his smart phone and looked at the caller ID. “My dad’s calling...”

    “Better answer.”

    He bit his lip, thoughts rushing through his head. If he answered now, he’d more than likely be in for a scolding and wouldn’t be able to go outside for a week. But if he went with this guy... Maybe he’d finally get some questions answered. Questions that his father would never even acknowledge.

    “... I’ll go with you.”

 

 

A/N: Wow, hopefully you're alright with this twist. I'm kind of excited to see where this takes it... I have a general idea of what will happen, but comments and suggestions are always welcome, just to spice things up. xoxo