Chapter Three

Secret of the Spirit

Chapter Three

    A few days had passed, perhaps a week, and the unique 20 year old found that all of his earlier vows, his attitude toward doting parents, had changed. He was a doting parent now, if it wasn’t for the fact that he wasn’t an actual legal guardian.

    However, something even more threatening had arrived and was occupying his thoughts. Several missing persons posters had been dropped in mail boxes, his included. He wasn’t ready to give the adorable boy up yet. He had just received this angelic little gift, and call him selfish, maybe even mad, but he was determined to do anything to keep his tiny light.

    Of course, when the word ‘anything’ is involved in a situation such as this, drastic measures are involved. And drastic, dramatic chances he did indeed take.

    Murder was never part of the plan. But it worked, and for a Warlock, it’s fairly easy to cover one’s tracks. One day, he told his dear Jae - now found to be named Jaejoong - to stay inside, because it was very cold and someone could take him, someone who wasn’t nice. On this day, it happened. He made it look like an incident - A simple car crash. Icy roads and all. And yet here lay the deceased body of his angel’s mother at his feet, almost as if fate was willing to reveal him the culprit. He reacted just as grief stricken as the public, but returned to his child’s side to care for him, able to push away the fake emotion to be happy for his new son.

    Now it was time to take care of the second part of his plan, though - New residential location and meddled memories. Not particularly in that order, of course. He was sure his little one wouldn’t be fond of leaving his home. And, as they say, desperate times call for desperate measures.

    Boarding the plane, hand in hand, he gazed lovingly at the child that sat fast asleep in the large first class seat beside him, his tiny shoulder leaning against his own as they flew over Egypt toward the United States.

    Soon, darling, we will be home. And you will be safe.